Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Clad in his white cloak and suit, Okabe stood in a forest like area, where he would wait for his sensei. He wasn't sure what to expect, as this was his first training. His eyes were filled with joy and excitement, but he tried hard to conceal it.

"The organization must be keeping tabs on me.."

Okabe says, as he looks around like the paranoid dud he is. It wasn't easy being a mad scientist in a world full of shinobi.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Shinta arrives at the pre-arranged training location, finding his student has already arrived.*

Yo! Shinta calls out as he approaches his student. So from what I'm told, you've only just begun your journey as a Shinobi. So we'll have to start from the very basics for you. Shinta then uses an earth jutsu, yet unknown to his new Student, to create two benches spaces out several meters from each other. As Shinta moves to sit on one of the benches, which was made with a back-rest at a comfortable angle, he gestures for Okabe to sit on the adjacent bench that has no back rest.
So I'm sure you're aware of what Chakra is and it's role in the life of a Shinobi, but what can you tell me about Elemental Chakra? Shinta then leans back into his sitting position, awaiting his students reply.

So I don't always have time to Role-Play train, but I'll do my best if that is how you would prefer me to train you. ^^

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Shinta arrives at the pre-arranged training location, finding his student has already arrived.*

Yo! Shinta calls out as he approaches his student. So from what I'm told, you've only just begun your journey as a Shinobi. So we'll have to start from the very basics for you. Shinta then uses an earth jutsu, yet unknown to his new Student, to create two benches spaces out several meters from each other. As Shinta moves to sit on one of the benches, which was made with a back-rest at a comfortable angle, he gestures for Okabe to sit on the adjacent bench that has no back rest.
So I'm sure you're aware of what Chakra is and it's role in the life of a Shinobi, but what can you tell me about Elemental Chakra? Shinta then leans back into his sitting position, awaiting his students reply.

So I don't always have time to Role-Play train, but I'll do my best if that is how you would prefer me to train you. ^^
Whatever is comfortable for you, sensei ^^

Okabe was a bit shocked when his sensei suddenly called out to him. He didn't know this man in the slightest, but he was going to have to get used to the idea of learning from odd people. He nodded his head, as his sensei spoke of him being new. He was a bit embarrassed, but later relished in the thought there are others in his shoes as well. Suddenly, benches sprouted from the ground with ease, which already fascinated the Mad Scientist, and he quickly took seat and listened to the question.

"Thank you, sensei. Well, Elemental Chakra could be when a shinobi changes his changes his chakra, using Nature Transformation, in order to change the physical properties of chakra, into that of an element, like Earth for example. Since Nature Transformation deals with changing normal chakra, into elemental chakra, Shape Transformation just changes the form and potency of chakra, combined, they are used for a large array of techniques. Well...that's pretty much what I can say about it, zuahahaha!"

Okabe laughs, as he stands up, his coat flowing in the air. Perhaps he was a bit too enthusiastic, and quickly sat down again.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shinta's expression betrayed exactly how much he enjoyed training fresh-genin and the look of amazement and wonder on their faces at his... different approach to teaching new students. As he listens to Okabe's reply, Shinta drapes his right arm on the back-rest of his bench, impressed by his student's reply. However it was lacking some things, some things that Okabe was here to learn... well that's what Shinta thinking anyway.
So, that's pretty much what I wanted to here. Now we'll talk more about the five basic elements; Water, Fire, Wind, Lightning and of course, Earth... which if I remember correctly, is what you are hear to learn... Shinta pauses for a moment to clear his throat. Firstly, each of these basic element exist in a nice little cycle... each one being weak to only one other element, and strong to only one other element... the rest are neutral to each other but we'll discuss that in more detail in a moment. We'll focus on Earth for the moment; which element do you believe it is strong against and which do you believe it is weak against and, if you know, why?

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okabe scratched his dark, hair as his Sensei spoke. He had heard of this before, and was trying to grasp all the details in his mind. A slight mumbling sound could perhaps be heard as he though, an odd habit he assumed whilst in the academy. Nonetheless, Okabe's mind flashed with the right information, and he could easily answer the question..or so he hoped. He couldn't stay seated, he was too excited. Launching himself off the seat, Okabe positioned himself to stand in front of his Sensei, as he tries to explain.

"Well, based on my previous experiences and research done by my true self, Kyouma Hououin! I gathered this; The Earth element is weak to the Lightning element. Why, you might question. Well, the Lightning element is capable of destroying the Earth, as it cuts through it with ferocity and rage due to its intense heat and power. Though the generating of heat is more of my science stuff, I guess it applies here as well zhahahahaha!! As for strength, the Earth element is strong to the Water element. Its dense and sturdy structure is capable of withstanding the force of the Water, and blocking it out completely. However, one has to take into account size and logic with these strengths and weaknesses. One could find oneself in a precarious position, should one not."

Okabe had gone overboard once more. However, this was what he was like. He remembered that he hadn't introduced his alter ego to his sensei. Hopefully this wouldn't scare him off.

"Sensei, there's something I didn't tell you...friends call me Okabe, but I am actually known as....Kyouma Hououin, Mad Scientist of the Ninja World!"

You must be registered for see images

He would perform various actions as he introduces his alter ego personality, showcasing its melodramatic nature and Okabe's delusions.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was becoming apparent that Shinta had found himself another 'odd' student, as his luck tended to be. Shinta made sort of an uncomfortable smile as he scratched the back of his head after seeing his students enthusiastic outburst. Haha, well it's nice to meet you Hououin-san. Shinta said with a slight nervous laugh.
Well at any rate, that is spot on. Now, earth is a strong element that has many defensive uses while also employing some devastating offensive abilities. It's a useful element as almost everywhere you are, there is earth for you to manipulate. You'll also come to realise that most earth techniques require physical contact with the ground in order to utilise... but there are a few exceptions. Shinta then begin to rumble around his ninja pouch, looking for something to seemingly no avail. Shinta had forgotten a scroll that he usually uses for teaching. Embarrased, He clears his throat and moves on as if nothing had happened.
We shall start you off with one of the most versatile Earth Release techniques... which so happens to be called Earth Release Technique. For this, I'm going to get your to focus your chakra into your core, focusing on earth and what it is... feel the earth, be one with it and do your best to keep a mental picture of all these things as you concentrate more of your chakra.
As Shinta finishes this part of the instruction, Shinta stand up and forms the Snake Hand Seal, which seemingly causes a 1x1 metre section of rock to rise up to about his height. The pillar rose just off to far side of the bench he was sitting on.
Now the Snake Hand seal is often associated with earth techniques... it's not necessary for this jutsu but it might help you to focus your chakra better... Now your job is to mimic what I just did, send your chakra into the ground and push a section of earth upwards out of the ground to create a similar looking pillar.

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It seemed like his laugh did freak out his sensei a bit, but that was common. Okabe was an odd one, and he knew it. Nonetheless, he listened intently, and even made a small note about how some Earth techniques require to be used, when in contact with the Earth and how the Snake hand seal was associated with Earth. He never knew this before, and it was enlightening for him to uncover such new information. He nodded his head in agreement, after his sensei finished explaining.

"Alright, this'll be easy..I think."

Forming the Snake hand seal, Okabe would focus his Earth chakra deep within him. He focused on his core, and he could feel it, the chakra flowing. He thought about the Earth element, and its sturdiness and strength. It was an intense feeling, but he could manage to hold it. With enough focus, Okabe looked at the ground before him. He envisioned what he would do, and with a push of his chakra, he tried it. He used his Earth chakra to cause an Earthen pillar to emerge right next to his sensei's one. A large grin crossed his face, but he quickly held it back, and looked at his sensei with his eyes glimmering with satisfaction.

"Something like that?"

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is what you just learned by the way:

(Doton No Jutsu) - Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

That was perfectly done Okab-... erhm, I mean Hououin. Shinta then quickly bends down, picking up a baseball-sized rock off the ground. So this next technique is one that allows you to manipulate smaller pieces of earth into a deadly weapon. As Shinta says this, the stone he held in his right hand seems to stretch out into the shape and size of a throwing javelin. Shinta then tosses the javelin at a nearby try, the stone javelin piercing it with great ease but stopping about half-way through its length.

So you're going to do much the same as you did before, except this time you're going to focus all your efforts onto a stone. Use your chakra to alter it's shape into a javelin, complete with a sharp point to throw at your target.

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks Shinta, and sorry for the late reply! Was a bit busy.

"Woah, that's quite...interesting!"

Okabe says, as he quickly scurries to the ground, grabbing a medium sized rock from it. The dusty rock didn't that it had more potential, than just laying there, Okabe thought. He grabbed the rock with his right hand, and held it tightly. Remembering the feeling of the previous technique he had done, Okabe now focused it onto the rock, instead of the ground. The chakra flowed into the rock, and Okabe then thought of an elongated shape, something like a javelin or a staff like shape.

Using the basis of shape manipulation that he had learned in the academy, Okabe focused onto the rock and formed the sphere shaped rock, into a throwing javelin like shape, fairly light in weight and also, with a sharp end. This could be used in close combat, he thought, but also to throw a foe! One who would try and defy the one and only Hououin!! Grabbing it tightly, Okabe launched the javelin rock towards a nearby tree. Like his sensei's before, it pierced the tree, though it did land a bit skew. Okabe wasn't as good a shot as his sensei.

"Zhehahahaha! Ingenious, a rock made into a javelin, for throwing purposes and also, for close combat. No one will get close to me now, zhehehahaha."

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's okay, I've also been quite busy... as such, my rp in this reply will be severely lacking .__.

Excellent, you just learned:

(Doton: Gansetsukon) - Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

For this next jutsu, I want you to focus your earth chakra into one of your arms as you aim it at that wall over their. *Points to a rock wall*. I want you to try your best to actually form small earth rock around your arm, to create a floating ring of rock that you can fire off in a barrage towards your target... in this case, that wall.

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's okay Shinta sensei!

Okabe closes his eyes, as he focuses his Earth chakra into his outstretched right arm, pointing at the wall that Shinta sama had instructed him to fire at. Remembering the powerful and strong qualities of Earth, Okabe could now easily channel Earth chakra though this time, it wasn't an object like a rock, but rather, his own right arm. With great focus, Okabe formed several small rocks that floated around his arm, almost as if they were levitating. Using his chakra, Okabe "shot" forward the rocks in a row like formation towards the wall. After several rocks had impacted it, a small crack could be seen.

"YES! Huahaha, the organization will feel my wrath, zhehahah-"

Okabe then remembered that he was in the presence of his sensei.

"Ahem! Hm, particularly splendid technique indeed."

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well done, with that you've learnt you final D-rank Earth Jutsu. From here, we'll begin to tackle the C-rank jutsu.

( Doton: Iwa Rendan ) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage
Type: Offensive
Range: Short – Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

So with most higher ranked jutsu, they find their base/roots in the D-rank jutsu list, meaning that they are just more advanced versions of the basics you just learnt. Such as the following:

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Type: Offense
Range: Mid/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the Rat hand seal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

This jutsu allows you to force up several large sections of rock to rise up from the ground, large enough to trap and crush an average person. This is a build on the D-rank Earth Release Technique where earlier you used it to cause a small pillar to rise from the ground. Similar concept here, though this time you'll send out more chakra to the target area with the help of the Rat Hand Seal, taking control of the section of rock to move them into position.
So give it a try, and do your best to trap that three over there, the one that is just a little bit taller than yourself.

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Yes, Sensei!"

Okabe was now more prepared. He gathered his Earth chakra as he formed the Rat hand seal. He then focused it into the area his sensei had pointed, and took control of some sections of rock, and used them to trap the foes, by enclosing the rocks around them. It was indeed easy, and followed the same concept as the previous techniques he had done. Okabe could only unleash a large grin on his face in satisfaction with what he had achieved so far.

"The possibility of crushing someone with this is quite high.."

He enjoyed Earth training so far, and could only imagine using it in battle.

Shinta

Legendary
Kin
1,184💸
Kumi
9,485💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excellent, also sorry for the delay.

For this next jutsu, you'll need to send out our earth chakra into the ground around you, using elemental manipulation to change the immediate area into sand. Then you'll use your hands to rapidly dig through the ground, continuing to channel earth chakra so you can continue to dig in whatever direction you desire. With this, you are also able to detect whatever is in direct contact with the earth above you.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

When using this jutsu, you are able to use only Earth jutsu below c-rank, so long as it doesn't have any sort of hand seals or motions. Could you also tell me what type of terrain's this jutsu would not be suitable for use in?

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okabe nodded his head in regard what his sensei had just told him. Without wasting a moment, he would immediately start channeling his Earth based chakra. Using his Earth chakra, Okabe would change the terrain beneath him, into a fine sand like state, which allowed him to slip into it unnoticed and disappear underground seemingly without a problem. Whilst underground, Okabe could sense his sensei, and be able to tell what's going on, despite being completely submerged. Through the same process, Okabe would emerge.

"Huahahaha! Finally, a way to hide myself from those pesky members of the Organization. Nonetheless, a rocky terrain would be ideal, as well one where the ground isn't too polluted with other materials. A neat technique, really."

Okabe says, as he strokes his non-existent beard.

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So we'll do this training a differently;All I want you to do is Analyze the techniques basically tell me: What they do, strengths, weaknesses ect. If you have any questions I'll answer them; as well as fill you in on anything you miss.
(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Type: Attack
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
Range: Short - Mid
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in making the enemies lose their footing and fall to ground or miss the aim of a given technique.

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Damage Points: N/A (up to 60)
Descripton: The user will do one hand seal and cause nearby earth structures (either natural occurring ones on the field (such as cave ceilings, cliffs, etc), man made (buildings, etc) or jutsu made (up to C-Rank active structures)) to collapse and fall. This technique allows the ninja to control nearby stone and rock and dislodge any vulnerable or sensitive spots, causing the structure to collapse. This can be especially useful if in a cave or a stone lodging. The technique can loosen the rocks and cause them to come raining down on whomever is trapped inside. The damage depends on the size of the cavern or rock lodging above or nearby the target and not on the amount of chakra used which doesn't need to be high. A large cave with a thick ceiling can easily do the physical damage equivalent to an A-Rank technique but due to the damage not being focused or chakra fueled, its also easily defendable.

Rust

Regular
Kin
125💸
Kumi
3,114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, cool with me!

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes

A smart technique where the user will manipulate their Earth chakra and cause several spikes of Earth to emerge from an earth based surface, or even an earth technique. The latter, which allows one to attack the opponent whilst they are on the ground, or on an Earth structure. The technique is fast in the sense that it does not require hand seals, and that it can be done easily whilst disadvantages could be its rank (I'm guessing) and possibly that it causes noise upon emerging from the ground? Not 100% sure.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking

A technique where one focuses Earth chakra into the ground and cause it to shake violently. This causes the opponent to fall over, or miss the aim of their target (possibly when firing something?) Advantage would be that in close encounters, it would prove to be useful and disadvantage is that it doesn't do damage and is easily countered by stabbing something into the ground, and keeping the stance.

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot

A technique where the user will manipulate their Earth chakra and make some Mud in their mouths, and would spit out a large globule of Mud. This is primarily aimed at the opponents' face, aimed to stop and choke them. It says it can also be used to make a sticky patch on the ground, possibly to hinder the opponent. Disadvantages, a linear shot is easily dodged/countered, and its just a globule of Mud after all.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction

With a single hand seal, the user will use their Earth chakra to focus it into a structure of Earth with no chakra and ones that do have chakra, C rank and below, to dislodge. Basically focused around taking out a vital stone or rock, causing everything to collapse or fall on the opponent. Of course, this is dependent on the structure, and is directly proportional to the amount of damage it will cause, it seems. And that is the advantage and disadvantage, that is can effect structures easily but if they have no chakra, they don't have chakra, they don't cause that much damage.

Sasori

Legendary
Kin
1,327💸
Kumi
4,657💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1) Majority of all Earth jutsu radiate some form of a sound if emerging from the ground, and yes it could be destroyed easily with C-rank lightning.

2) Yes! That is one of the best way to use this technique, which would be to throw off the aim of an opponent's attacks which can be done to even avoid high ranked techniques.

4) This technique can be a bit tricky because the damage is equivalent to the structure you're using it on, so use your best judgment!

More techniques!

(Doton: Doryudan) - Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet
Type: Offense
Description: When used with Earth Release: Earth Flow River, the user will then perform the Ram → Horse → Dragon they can create a dragon-like head that fires concentrated mud bullets at an opponent. This can also be combined with a fire jutsu to shoot lava toward an opponent. The dragon can be created from other mud techniques as along as a mud source is available.

(Doton: Doryū Taiga) - Earth Release: Earth Flow River
Damage Points: N/A
Description: After forming the needed hand seal (Tiger), the user transforms the ground underneath their opponent into a river of mud that throws them off balance and carries them away from the user. The mud created by this technique can also be used as a medium for the Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet technique.

(Doton: Ganchūrō no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Rock Pillar Prison Technique
Type: Defence/supplementary
Range: Short/Mid
Description: After performing the required hand seals Rat → Horse → Dog → Snake and they then create a large amount of rock pillars to rise from under ground. They can then be controlled to surround their opponent and create a bamboo-like prison of rock.

(Doton: Doroku Gaeshi) - Earth Release: Earth Shore Return
Type: Defence
Range: Short
Description: After striking the ground with their hands, the user manipulates the ground in front of him to form a slab that tilts upwards, up to 90º, creating a wall of earth that can defend from incoming frontal attacks. In addition, the user can also create 2 slabs that will rise and tilt to the sides in front of him, as if "opening up" the ground. This can be done to create a clear path if anything hazardous is above the ground in that specific area.

(Doton: Doro Hōshi) - Earth Release: Mud Spore
Description: This technique lets the user summon a river of mud infront of them by lifting one of their hands in the air. This technique can have water added to it to speed up the flow and increase its power.

(Doton: Dochū Eigyo no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Underground Projection Fish Technique
Type: Defence/Supplementary
Range: Short/Long
Description: Using this jutsu, a person can hide underground until they're ready to attack an opponent by merging with the ground itself. By utilizing earth-chakra, the person can stealthily emerge from the ground without disrupting the ground around him. The disadvantage with this technique is that merging with the ground is rather slow and while perfomring the technique, the user is vulnerable to high ranked Earth techniques. The user isn't hidden from doujutsu or sensory ninjas and cannot travel beyond the 3 meter deep mark. Moving around in the ground is slow and the user cannot sense very well what is happening above.