Awards
*waits for saber-sensei*

I lost my old thread, but this was the last technique I got up to:
(Bakuchi Tori Kuzu Oujou) – Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts across to the far off location of the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.

If you wanna go from there, or start fresh, or just a small recap episode, I'm fine with what you think is best.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A recap will do you, and I best. So just go over a little recap what is kenjutsu pretty much.
I'll try to keep this short. ^^

Kenjutsu, literally meaning Sword Techniques are what they are: simply techniques used with the aide of a sword. Typically people the msot proficient in the way of the sword are Samurai, but in some cases your average Shinobi may carry a sword as well. It can be combined with other styles of jutsu to create devastating results.

From what I understand, there are also different swords which may feel more familiar to a Samurai than a standard ninja. While the "default" sword of choice is a katana, there's a lot of choice we as Shinobi can choose from. These can vary in length and style, and should be taken into account when working through Kenjutsu techniques. For example, some techniques are going to be more efficient with a smaller blade, like a Tanto. Others are going to be a lot stronger simply because the blade is longer, as seen with the Oodachi. There may even be techniques which flow more efficiently with a straight blade like a Chokuto, or even a double-edged blade like a Tsurugi.

I could go more in-depth, but I'll leave it with a basic explanation for now.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I totally forgot about this, sorry man. :|

(Rensei Shinkuken) – Drilling Crimson Blade
Type: Attack
Description: The user takes out their blade and channels chakra into it. They then run towards the opponent, slashing them upwards into the air and then appear above him/her, and deliver a sharp, drilling slash down upon them, impelling them into the ground.

Okay so with this one, you'll need to channel some chakra into your blade from there, run towards my clone, then by using your sword slash your sword upwards on the body of my clone, this should push him into the air, then you'll want to appear above him, by using your sword once more hit him with a drilling slash that sends him into the ground, with of course the sword also impelled into him.

Just perform them.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I unsheathe my sword and hold it normally. I charge some of my precious chakra into the blade and begin taking a heavy stride towards the clone. I would then twist my grip so that the sword would be pointing towards the ground, but with the blade still towards the clone. With a brief moment and getting in close, I swing upwards with an attempt to knock the clone up into the air. Following through with the movements, I jump after the clone, appearing directly above him. With another slick motion, I swing my sword overhead into the clone with a drilling slash, impelling them to the ground.

I'm gonna be honest here buddy, I don't even get half of this technique. What even is a drilling slash? I see this technique with a finishing stab as opposed to a slash. And I don't even know what impelling someone means, shouldn't that be something like to impale?

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I unsheathe my sword and hold it normally. I charge some of my precious chakra into the blade and begin taking a heavy stride towards the clone. I would then twist my grip so that the sword would be pointing towards the ground, but with the blade still towards the clone. With a brief moment and getting in close, I swing upwards with an attempt to knock the clone up into the air. Following through with the movements, I jump after the clone, appearing directly above him. With another slick motion, I swing my sword overhead into the clone with a drilling slash, impelling them to the ground.

I'm gonna be honest here buddy, I don't even get half of this technique. What even is a drilling slash? I see this technique with a finishing stab as opposed to a slash. And I don't even know what impelling someone means, shouldn't that be something like to impale?
I agree it's more of a slash, honestly the technique was most likely made poorly. The way you think of it, is probably the most ideal way to look at it.

(Suraisu Shinku no Nami) - Slicing Crimson Wave
Type: Offensive
Range: Mid
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave.

This one is one of the more used techniques, since it is straight forward and well easy to pull off, what I want you to do is, gather your chakra in your blade and from there, I want you slash downwards to release a crescent shaped slash, at my clone. This technique releases a red wave of chakra, it's handy for targets that are at mid-range of you, and just an overall good technique.

Also, you got A-rank lightning currently?

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I agree it's more of a slash, honestly the technique was most likely made poorly. The way you think of it, is probably the most ideal way to look at it.

(Suraisu Shinku no Nami) - Slicing Crimson Wave
Range: Mid
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave.

This one is one of the more used techniques, since it is straight forward and well easy to pull off, what I want you to do is, gather your chakra in your blade and from there, I want you slash downwards to release a crescent shaped slash, at my clone. This technique releases a red wave of chakra, it's handy for targets that are at mid-range of you, and just an overall good technique.

Also, you got A-rank lightning currently?
I channel chakra into my blade and swing it vertically like an overhead slash, expelling a red wave made of pure chakra. It would hit the clone and cause it to disperse.

It's so basic I don't wanna put so much effort into it. :|

What's the elemental strengths and weaknesses of this technique? Is it considered a highly condensed wave of chakra that can play on equal level with elemental ninjutsu? Or is it considered just normal like this would clash equally against a C-Rank elemental technique? Also is there a difference in how this technique acts depending on the type of sword used? Aside from those questions, it seems like a ncie technique that I'd use if I had a sword.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can release it at any angle you hold your blade, and it works good against C-rank and below elemental techniques, as the wave of chakra is merely just raw chakra in a manner of speaking, to some degree similar to basic ninjutsu. Any other questions?

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry, Blake. :|

Also I'll train you in the donated techniques, last.

( Bakuchi Tori Kuzu Oujou ) – Gambling Bird Arrowroot Death
Description: The user bolts in front of the enemy who they then strike with their sword handle before delivering several kicks that sends the enemy into the air. The user then bolts to the enemy who they then punch violently into an obstacle.

So tell me stuff about this one?

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Technique isn't even kenjutsu, just uses the hilt as the first attack. It doesn't even use chakra. :|

Anyways, it's a combination type of attack, similar to a lot of taijutsu moves, which in my eyes doesn't make it super useful honestly. You start off with a simple attack of bringing out the sword and hitting your target with the base of it. Probably used for disorientation, most likely. You continue up with a few kicks which should send them into the air. Lastly, you follow up with a punch that should knock them into some kind of obstacle, which for the most part isn't very much necessary but makes this technique seem like it's reliant on the terrain or whatever.

It's good and has some practical uses, especially if you can follow up with another kenjutsu technique right after. At least it looks like it was made for that kind of thing.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Technique isn't even kenjutsu, just uses the hilt as the first attack. It doesn't even use chakra. :|

Anyways, it's a combination type of attack, similar to a lot of taijutsu moves, which in my eyes doesn't make it super useful honestly. You start off with a simple attack of bringing out the sword and hitting your target with the base of it. Probably used for disorientation, most likely. You continue up with a few kicks which should send them into the air. Lastly, you follow up with a punch that should knock them into some kind of obstacle, which for the most part isn't very much necessary but makes this technique seem like it's reliant on the terrain or whatever.

It's good and has some practical uses, especially if you can follow up with another kenjutsu technique right after. At least it looks like it was made for that kind of thing.
If they stop the first, or second attack. The technique becomes useless, so it isn't that great of a technique in my eyes.

Next one:

(Gōken: Kabuto Kudaki) Strong Sword: Helmet Crusher
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The user enhances chakra into sword, increasing its size and cutting power by creating a chakra sword. Then, he delivers a straight slash into the ground, creating a huge shockwave that will deal massive damage to his opponent.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
A useful technique for once. Channel chakra into a sword making it bigger and stronger. You then strike at the ground which causes a shockwave that deals damage to your opponent somehow. Kind of strange that this is called Helmet Crusher, yet you're not doing anything of the sort with it. The nature of the shockwave seems to have a lot open for interpretation, which could be useful in certain times.

Is this omnidirectional? As in do I need to make sure this doesn't hurt me?

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A useful technique for once. Channel chakra into a sword making it bigger and stronger. You then strike at the ground which causes a shockwave that deals damage to your opponent somehow. Kind of strange that this is called Helmet Crusher, yet you're not doing anything of the sort with it. The nature of the shockwave seems to have a lot open for interpretation, which could be useful in certain times.

Is this omnidirectional? As in do I need to make sure this doesn't hurt me?
I don't believe it does hurt you. And, no only goes in one direction. The direction you are facing.

( Kenjutsu: Hirashin ) - Sword Technique: Lightning Rod
Type: Supplementary
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user by use of a sword can use it as a rod to attract lightning currents that are channeled into the user from opponents attacks and by pointing the tip of the blade into the ground the user is then able to dispel the lightning charge nullifing the effects of paralysis. However this only works on free flowing lightning based techniques such as the Chidori current and not on focused lightning based techniques

Tell me about this.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't believe it does hurt you. And, no only goes in one direction. The direction you are facing.

( Kenjutsu: Hirashin ) - Sword Technique: Lightning Rod
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user by use of a sword can use it as a rod to attract lightning currents that are channeled into the user from opponents attacks and by pointing the tip of the blade into the ground the user is then able to dispel the lightning charge nullifing the effects of paralysis. However this only works on free flowing lightning based techniques such as the Chidori current and not on focused lightning based techniques

Tell me about this.
Oh man it took me so long to reply to this. ._.

It's pretty simplistic in nature really. Presumably you'd flow chakra through the blade first and foremost which makes it act as a conductor of sorts; a lightningrod to put it bluntly. It's useful against lightning which doesn't have a focus, so that would make the majority of techniques in the canon pool resistant towards this. It's situational as to when you would use it, and more often than not there's likely going to be a better technique to use in place.

>_>

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think I did worse. :| Sorry.

Alright, so we are up to the donated techniques. I'll post two at a time.

( Shuuren Kiwa ) - Training Edge
Chakra Cost: 5
Damage: N/A
Description: This is a technique generally taught to aspiring swordsman and could be considered the opposite of using wind chakra to lengthen and sharpen a blade. Usually, a Swordmaster or other instructor would use their own chakra to create a small “U” shape around the edges or point of a weapon. The chakra acts as an invisible scabbard on the blade, allowing the students to spar without killing each other or wounding each other past minor bruises and aches caused by the blunt force of the “scabbard” blade making contact. The user activates this technique by extending their hand along a ridge and just letting a small amount of chakra out. This technique is very simple and quick.
Note: Courtesy of KeotsuEclipse

(Suwarō Bonnaban) - Swallow Leap Forward

Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: The user performs a frontal flip and while in midair above the opponent, skewers him with his sword. Using the momentum from his leap and sword skewering, the user continues his flip, in turn flipping the target, causing him to be thrown onto his back. As the user completes his flip, he lands on the target's chest forcibly, causing a near fatal kick.
Note: Can only be used three times per battle
Note: Courtesy of Deviation

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First technique is simple enough, a jutsu intended for training people or just simple sparring if anything. There's some role-play aspect here but not much damage to come from it. At most you can create some blunt force kind of trauma if aimed at the right spot, but at the same time I could also do that inverting the sword which is easier to perform in the middle of a battle.

This technique reminds me of all those taijutsu moves which seem really cool and flashy when you look at them, but in the end they're all incredibly impractical to use in the heat of a fight for that reason alone. It's cool and has a lot of flips, but that alone comes with downsides. Just counter the first movement and you stop the entire thing. I'm really not a fan of these kinds of moves. Sure they're cool and the only place you'd actually consider using them would be is in a test where you have to showcase your skill, but outside of that, I don't really see any reason to use this jutsu.

Nathan

Immortal
Kin
409💸
Kumi
615💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah pretty much, aye.

(Raiton/Kenjutsu: Inperiaru Sutoraiku)- Lightning/Sword Arts: Imperial Strike
Show
Range: Short - Mid
Damage points: 60
Description: The user swings his Katana in any manner (horizontally, vertically or diagonally) and releases a seemingly thin line of lightning chakra, which seems to be a simple blade which heads towards the opponent, however, upon the users will and with the addition of chakra, the simple blade suddenly extends multiple other thin yet extremely sharp and lethal blades of lightning which bolt towards the opponent, hitting him/her from multiple angles, easily being able to hit the opponents front and both sides, making this a perfect surprise attack.
Note: Can only be used two times.
Note: No Lightning higher than A-rank, next turn or same turn.
Note: Courtesy of Erzo

(Kenjutsu: Hayai Nokogiri) - Sword Arts: Graceful Saw

Type: Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user will first channel their chakra into their sword, increasing the cutting potency of the blade, causing it to glow blue. The user will then leap towards the opponent extending the blade while spinning, causing their body to take a saw-type shape. This technique is said to even cut through solid earth of equal rank and below and cut through the flesh with ease. When spinning, the user is able to travel up to 10 meters away.
Note: Can only be used twice
Note: Courtesy of Teno

These are the last two.

Alternative

Elite
Kin
300💸
Kumi
304💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First technique is you swing your sword and shoot lightning at people, but you can split it? I don't know truth be told it looks like the Crimson Slicing Wave, only as Raiton so uhh, yeah.

So first when I read this jutsu I thought it was the implication that it was you basically use chakra on your blade to create a chainsaw and thought that was pretty cool. Then in some thread Teno mentioned it was some Shingeki no Kyojin bullshit or whatever and still think it's kinda cool. Depending on how you use it, you could definitely use this as a getaway to get out of the way of an incoming technique, with the chakra in the sword reverberating you could easily make it through an incoming technique too if you really wanted to. Though that's a bit of a stretch but it does have it's uses. It's flashy and nice without being overly complex, so I see it as a nice technique I might use in the future sometime.

sasuga teno