Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From that one mountain you had your eyes fixed on, Feitan appeared in fast speeds. A little late, though. But the short sized ninja did not hesitate to quickly make up for it and talk to his student.

"So, you're the new student, huh? Alright. So tell me what do you know about Earth Release? Try to cover everything, and feel free to use external sources while breaking the fourth wall, but do not copy paste please!"

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
From that one mountain you had your eyes fixed on, Feitan appeared in fast speeds. A little late, though. But the short sized ninja did not hesitate to quickly make up for it and talk to his student.

"So, you're the new student, huh? Alright. So tell me what do you know about Earth Release? Try to cover everything, and feel free to use external sources while breaking the fourth wall, but do not copy paste please!"
"Doton is one of the 5 basic elements. As the name suggests it governs the ability to control the earth and rocks, wether it be in the form of dirt, mud or rock. Certain jutsus can even change the density of the user (light weight technique) Doton is weak to raiton but it is most effective against suiton. Like the other 5 elements it is very versatile. It can be combined with other elements to create newe natures (lava, explosion) and it has a plethoria of jutsu. Ranging from Hiding like a Mole, Rock Golem, Mud wall, subterrean voyage, and the lightweight technique. Doton can be used to increase offensive powers by augementing hits with heavy material or defensive techniques like using rocks as walls. It's control over the earth can allow doton users to manipulate the landscape to their desire."

Klad

Supreme
Kin
13💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry for late reply.

Feitan is content with his student's reply and then reveals a crazy amount of scrolls, colored in red. Every scroll had the kanji of "earth" glued on its header, and Feitan first tosses the first three scrolls to his student.

"Give those a look, and tell me what do you make out from them."

(Doton No Jutsu) Earth Release Technique
Type: Attack/Defence
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Descripton: Creates small pillars of earth, small tools, and small shields of earth

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user, emerging from the ground below the target area, pulls down the opponent so that only their head is above ground. Unable to move, the opponent can easily be decapitated or tortured.
Note: user must already be underground through the use of (Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding like a mole technique

(Doton: Gansetsukon) Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
Type: Supplementary/Offense
Range: Short (Mid on throw)
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: This technique allows the user to take a small chunk of rock and turn it into the shape of a staff. The user can then use it as a melee weapon or throw it with pinpoint accuracy at their opponent. A variation of this technique allows the user to create several staffs and launch them at the target, but with less accuracy.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doton No Jutsu) Earth Release Technique

The jutsu has many diffirent uses. Such as defense in shield, attack as tools, and a terrain advantage use as a pillar. The attack damage is nicely porportional to chakra cost. The defense is short-mid range so it's range isn't very long but still useful in lower ranges.

(Doton: Shinju Zanshu no Jutsu) Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique

Obviously quite a potentially gruesome jutsu :lol. Not surprised based on who's my teacher. The jutsu requires the use of another jutsu so this justu can be considered supplementary. Is Hiding like a mole the only supplement with it. I believe this jutsu can prove very useful while only fighting one enemy and for capture purposes instead of simply murder. If used for elimination this jutsu is certainly one of the most useful.

(Doton: Gansetsukon) Earth Release: Rock Section Cane
The jutsu replaces the need of a weapon so it comes in handy if I come unprepared or need of a stronger weapon. With multiple enemies I could use the variant that makes more earth spears. How pointed are the lances? It needs a small chunk of rock so it should be easily castable.

-Albel-

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
486💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
So I will be taking over your training. All I require you to do is to analyze the jutsu telling me what are some of the advantages and disadvantages of them. Please don't use obvious things like handseals and range for advantages and disadvantages. If you have any question please ask. Here are the last of D rank.

(Doton: Iwa Rendan) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage
Type: Offensive
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will concentrate their chakra into their arm and then release their chakra creating a ring of rocks that are then flung at the opponent.

(Doton: Hedoro no Kouzetsu) - Earth Release : Slime Ensnaring Tongue
Range: Short
Chakra: 10
Damage: N/A
Description: The user expels a retractable cord of mud in the shape of an elongated tongue from their mouth. Its adhesive and retractive ability allow it to stick to objects and pull them towards the user or it can be used to pull the user towards another person. However, its main purpose is to attach to any part of the terrain which is in range and pull the user to the desired location extremely quickly. It can also be used in quick succession to travel from one place to another.
Note: Lasts for three turns
Note: Courtesy of Negative Knight

Last edited:

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doton: Iwa Rendan) - Earth Release: Rock Barrage
Advantages for the jutsu: The attack is a projectile, so the speed is considerably high which makes dodging much harder. Since it is a projectile, the rocks have potential to inflict more serious damage than some other jutsu. The attack first forms as a ring of rocks which means the rock attack will be from all sides.

Disadvantages: Requires chakra to flow into arms which may not be a plausible options in certain situations. The Rock projectiles may cause friendly fire if allies are too close.

I would use the jutsu to attack a group of enemies if the ring is large enough and I would also use the jutsu to disorientate the opponent so I can have an opportunity to land another jutsu.

(Doton: Hedoro no Kouzetsu) - Earth Release : Slime Ensnaring Tongue

Advantages: It is an effective tool in inducing close quarters combat. The jutsu adhesive properties can allow me to traverse the battlefield faster or hang on to any objects in the case I need to avoid the ground. I can use the jutsu's ability to bring in people to assist allies dealing with an abundance of enemies.

Disadvantages: The jutsu could be intercepted by cutting off the mud tongue. The jutsu could backfire if it lands and sticks onto a substance I do not desire for it to hit.

I'd use the jutsu if the enemy attempts to go too far a distance in combat and if I need to quickly bring in objects out of my reachlike ninja tools during combat.

-Albel-

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
486💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Excellent. ;-; And with that we are done with D Ranks.

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Range: Mid-Long
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: After performing the Rat handseal, the user to control multiple sections of rock and move them around their opponent. The user then forms two gigantic sections that crush the opponent.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique
Range: Long
Description: The user changes earth into fine sand by channeling chakra into it, allowing the user to dig through it like a mole. While underground one can sense what is happening on the surface and use the information to launch a surprise attack on the enemy. Once can also hide deep in the ground, escaping to a depth where the enemy cant reach. It also appears that after digging, the ground can be returned to its original state, leaving no trace of where the user entered the earth. While inside the earth, the user cannot make handseals and can only use Earth techniques below C-Rank. If he tries to do a higher ranked technique, he'll disrupt the Hiding like a mole technique and be left crushed.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

(Doton: Ganban Kyu) - Earth Release: Bedrock Coffin
Advantages: Jutsu can become more effective based on rocks around the area. Large weight of rocks ensure a strong blow on opponents who have little defense. Utlising a large amount of rock makes defense breaking easier.

Disadvantages: Jutsu may not be very fast since it's not a projectile. May not work in an environment with no rocks available.

I would use the jutsu ina terrain that provides me with an advantage so I can a turn match to my favor.

(Doton: Moguragakure no Jutsu) – Earth Release: Hiding Like A Mole Technique

Advantage: Useful tool in escaping from a bad situation or espionage. Leaves no mark behind which can provide an element of suprise on unsuspecting enemies. Can stil use some jutsus while in ground which can make for effective suprises.

Disadvantages: Can't see what is occuring above the ground. Limited to C rank jutsus which may prove to be not enough in some situations.

I''d use the jutsu when I escaped my enemy's LOS so I can hide and await for an attack or when they leave/keep their guard down.

-Albel-

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
486💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Good. One thing I like to point out with the usage of Hiding Like a Mole Tech is that it is best used after you have distracted your opponent so they are no longer focused on you. If one were to see you go underground it would be easy for them to take advantage of that and use a move that alters the earth like Swamp of the Underworld for example. Turning the whole ground to mud while you are inside would ultimately lead to your death. So be careful when using this jutsu.

(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes
Damage: 30
Description: This technique lets the user create a few rock pillars that will protrude from the ground to skew the target. The rock pillars will even pass through obstacles to reach their target if these are less dense. The pillars/spikes can be done in any earthen surface, including other earth techniques of the user.

A simple earth jutsu that allows you to create earthen spikes from the ground or any earth techniques of your own.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking
Description: The user will concentrate and release their chakra into the ground to create a small tremer that can result in making the enemies lose their footing and fall to ground or miss the aim of a given technique.

This is a jutsu that will allow you to create a small tremor in the earth to knock your opponent off balance to gain an upper hand in battle.

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doton: Ganchūsō) - Earth Release: Stone Spikes

Advantages; Jutsu is usable in almost any terrain. Can be very efficent if used on unsuspecting opponets who don't think think the spkes can come from their earth jutsu. Jutsu can't be halted by certain obstacles so opponent's defenses may not work.

disadvantages: Jutsu can be blocked by a denser material than the spikes. Jutsu can become insufficent if there is no earth available.

I'd use it to catch my opponent by surprise.

(Doton: Yochi no Douyou) - Earth Release: World Shaking

Advantages: Is a good technique to disorientate opponent and interrupt/destabalize attacks. Can be used as an opportunity to hit an attack.
Disadvantages: Could effect allies as well as enemies.
I would use the jutsu to interrupt my opponent's attacks and to also affect their concentration so their attacks don't land on me.

-Albel-

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
486💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Going to change things up a bit, but not much. Use this template for the rest of the training:

PHP:
[CODE][B]Two advantages (no obvious ones, be creative):[/B]
[LIST]

[*]1.

[*]2.

[/LIST]

[B]Two disadvantages (no obvious ones, be creative):[/B]
[LIST]

[*]1.

[*]2.

[/LIST]
[B]How would you use it in battle:[/B]
[B]Perform it:[/B][/CODE]
Pretty much the same what you are doing now, but with the performance of the jutsu added.

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

Not the typical earth jutsu as this one comes from the mouth. The user will spit out a thick glob of mud towards their target where it can blind or choke them as well as be used to create sticky patches on the ground.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction
Range: Short-Long
Damage: N/A (up to 60)
Descripton: The user will do one hand seal and cause nearby earth structures (either natural occurring ones on the field (such as cave ceilings, cliffs, etc), man made (buildings, etc) or jutsu made (up to C-Rank active structures)) to collapse and fall. This technique allows the ninja to control nearby stone and rock and dislodge any vulnerable or sensitive spots, causing the structure to collapse. This can be especially useful if in a cave or a stone lodging. The technique can loosen the rocks and cause them to come raining down on whomever is trapped inside. The damage depends on the size of the cavern or rock lodging above or nearby the target and not on the amount of chakra used which doesn't need to be high. A large cave with a thick ceiling can easily do the physical damage equivalent to an A-Rank technique but due to the damage not being focused or chakra fueled, its also easily defendable.

After performing one hand-seal any loose structures made of earth be it naturally made, man-made, or other earth jutsus that are C-rank or lower, to begin to collapse down onto whatever is below.

Last edited:

Tantalus Thief

Elite
Kin
385💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot

Two advantages (no obvious ones, be creative):
  • 1. Proides a chance of distraction which could lead to an easy attack opportunity.
  • 2. Can ensure a kill if jutsu hits throat or at least provide a great distraction opportunity since the effected would be gasping for air.
Two disadvantages (no obvious ones, be creative):
  • 1. The jutsu if it strucks the wrong spot could kill an enemy that isn't needed to be killed.
  • 2. Attack doesn't home nor does it have a large aoe like other earth attacks.
How would you use it in battle: I would use it to blind my enemies and take a chance at attacking him.
Perform it: S76 kneaded his chakra in his chest. The chakra converted to the earth element then he spit out a sticky mudy earth jutsu mass that hit the ground. The mud sticked to the ground.

(Doton: Iwa Yado Kuzushi) - Earth Release: Stone Lodging Destruction

Code:
[B]Two advantages (no obvious ones, be creative):[/B]
[LIST]
[*]1. Can provide an ideal distraction or chance to escape in tight situations
[*]2. Provides a potent source of battlefield manipulation which would give me an inheritent advantage against opponents. 
[/LIST]

[B]Two disadvantages (no obvious ones, be creative):[/B]
[LIST]
[*]1. Jutsu is primarly location based and counter based so the caster needs to make sure conditions are ideal unlike other directly offensive jutsus where they can be activated anytime. 
[*]2. Jutsu can become less useful if opponents lacks earth nautre like me. 
[/LIST]
[B]How would you use it in battle:[/B] I'd use it on an ignorant opponent who tries to use earth jutsu directly against me. 
[B]Perform it:Soldier 76 gathered chakra in his hand to perform the doton jutsu. First, he quickly did the hand seal and set his hand on the ground and let out the chakra. Nearby a pile of rocks was physically affected and crashed down in response[/B]