Windows 8

Erin

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
4,164 posts 665 reactions
Joined
Jan 15, 2013
Messages
4,164
Reaction score
665
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Just to let everyone know, today will be the last day that windows 8 will be availabe for an approximate 80% off discount. I believe it goes from like 40 dollars to 200 +. (buying boxed version is 70 dollars)

Its your last chance to get the new running system, here is the link if you wish to purchase it! (I can personally testify it is amazing :pwease:)

Link
This is not an advertising attempt, its just for anyone on NB who might not have known before its to late!
 

celarian

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
514 posts 30 reactions
Joined
Nov 14, 2012
Messages
514
Reaction score
30
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
had no idea, thanks. :)
 

Yasuko Sayomi

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,023 posts 434 reactions
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
3,023
Reaction score
434
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I hate Windows 8. Google Chrome is better. :|
 

Mihaelz

Member
382 posts 42 reactions
Joined
Nov 30, 2012
Messages
382
Reaction score
42
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
It is amazing :pwease:

Too bad there is a windows 9 probably next summer :|
 

Ψ Veritas Ψ

Banned
Elite
6,246 posts 1,098 reactions
Joined
Dec 20, 2012
Messages
6,246
Reaction score
1,098
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
windows 8 sukks.

give me 200 dollars and i still wont buy it
 

Shogi

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
811 posts 98 reactions
Joined
Mar 8, 2011
Messages
811
Reaction score
98
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
:| it's not even worth the $40 they're selling it for now
 

βeeCee

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
7,865 posts 527 reactions
Joined
Dec 19, 2012
Messages
7,865
Reaction score
527
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I hate the tiles thing on Windows 8. I'll stick with what I have. Thanks though.
 

Sanguis

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,515 posts 158 reactions
Joined
Sep 3, 2012
Messages
1,515
Reaction score
158
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Windows 8 isnt a browser U_U

Well to just bring you up to speed Google are brining out out a Chrome OS.

On topic: Windows 7 meets all my needs. I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 because it was a greedy son of a bitch with RAM. Windows 8 has not really improved too much on computer performance so it isn't worth my time or money.
 
Last edited:

KuraiandAlbel

Jōnin Strategist 🧠
Regular
1,915 posts 25 reactions
Joined
Jan 2, 2013
Messages
1,915
Reaction score
25
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I just bought a Windows 8 computer a month ago, so I am all good. Thanks for sharing though.
 

Aim64C

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,681 posts 608 reactions
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
3,681
Reaction score
608
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Windows 8 was designed for touch interfaces... and it really is difficult to get it back to something that functions the way most of us use a computer operating system for.

Windows 8 Tablet? Alright, fine. Windows 8 Phone? Sure, why not? Windows 8 computer? ... What's it got over Windows 7?

And the answer to that is, honestly, nothing. Windows 8 is Windows NT 7.x while Windows 7 was NT 7.0. It's 7 with the service packs and a new UI.
 

YowYan

Kage in the Making 👑
Legendary
15,124 posts 1,838 reactions
Joined
Dec 9, 2010
Messages
15,124
Reaction score
1,838
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
I bet this a slick tactic to get people in a panic shopping mode. Windows 8 is horrible to work with so I've heard from several people.
So Windows put's up this tactic as if the product is legit
 

Yasuko Sayomi

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,023 posts 434 reactions
Joined
Sep 16, 2012
Messages
3,023
Reaction score
434
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Are you still angry because I refused to give you the D last night?

No.. :shy: Maybe..... I needed the letter D to spell duck! :T_T:
 

HiraishinFTG

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
574 posts 53 reactions
Joined
Dec 10, 2012
Messages
574
Reaction score
53
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
The high school I just graduated from actually used Windows Vista :eek:. I have Windows 7 now
 

KillerMongoose

Leaf Village Regular 🍃
Regular
687 posts 46 reactions
Joined
Dec 28, 2012
Messages
687
Reaction score
46
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Windows 8 is amazing, I am using it right now. Only reason a person would not like it is because it is not user friendly enough for them (basically they are stupid when it comes to computers.)
 

Frikid

Sannin of the Scrolls 📜
Elite
5,589 posts 612 reactions
Joined
Jan 14, 2012
Messages
5,589
Reaction score
612
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
that scheme is just for users who bought windows 7 in july or later.
also you can get the pirated version for FREE. :cool:
 

Aim64C

Anbu Operative 🎭
Veteran
3,681 posts 608 reactions
Joined
Dec 18, 2012
Messages
3,681
Reaction score
608
Status
Offline
Activity Streak
Windows 8 is amazing, I am using it right now. Only reason a person would not like it is because it is not user friendly enough for them (basically they are stupid when it comes to computers.)

Honestly, a lot of the people I know in tech support and those of us who build computers with any kind of regularity are not at all impressed with Windows 8.

You have to fight it at every turn to get back to an interface that functions fluently for a desktop (it likes to default to idiot-tiles the size of a milk carton), and it was just not designed with mouse-and-keyboard functionality. It was designed for tablets and phones and the only real thing it brings (back) to the table is having a Kernel that can operate on ARM based architectures. It's been enhanced with some power-saving features and some other nice things that give it lightning-fast start-up times and good battery life on ultra-mobile platforms... but it's really not all that substantial of an upgrade over Seven (for a computer).

By all means - Phone, Tablet, or touch-enabled laptop... probably not a bad idea.

Desktop or power notebook computer? Probably in more functional territory with Windows 7.

Unless they release a Service Pack that allows you to pretty much can their interface they've been trying to cram down everyone's throat thus-far (I don't see that stance lasting very long - almost no one in IT finds 8 to be a good buy and it looks to be going over like Windows ME).
 
Top