Will we all experience nightmarish effects of air pollution in our lifetime?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Co2 levels are rising rapidly, and, before we even get into climate change, there's the part where Co2 itself is a danger to us. People supposedly lose bits of their reasoning(some experience hallucinations & paranoia due to it) when exposed to high amounts of it, and these higher amounts are easily obtainable indoors.
You must be registered to see images
The reduction in reasoning is even consistent with other experiments.

The current ppm for outdoors is around 410.

I'm not going to pretend to be super knowledgeable about this, but here's my simple reasoning for this thread's question. If the indoors' ppm can easily reach levels that are more than twice the outdoors' ppm even in ventilated locations(U.S. schools are usually ventilated. Whether efficiently or not, they're already better than the average home) and predictions put us at 600~ish ppm by 2050 if we don't change something & 900+ ppm by 2100, then that means(to my basic reasoning) indoor ppm will increase by a minimum of 380(600-410*2) by 2050.

A rise of just 400 ppm was correlated with a 35% drop in cognitive function! You can say the fix is as simple as better ventilation, but keep in mind that ventilation wouldn't be available to everyone and, as we've seen, maybe people remain ignorant even when smacked with facts. Even if you stay safe, you're now in a country where a large number of people are mentally impaired.
We're screwed or?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Co2 levels are rising rapidly, and, before we even get into climate change, there's the part where Co2 itself is a danger to us. People supposedly lose bits of their reasoning(some experience hallucinations & paranoia due to it) when exposed to high amounts of it, and these higher amounts are easily obtainable indoors.
The reduction in reasoning is even consistent with other experiments.

The current ppm for outdoors is around 410.

I'm not going to pretend to be super knowledgeable about this, but here's my simple reasoning for this thread's question. If the indoors' ppm can easily reach levels that are more than twice the outdoors' ppm even in ventilated locations(U.S. schools are usually ventilated. Whether efficiently or not, they're already better than the average home) and predictions put us at 600~ish ppm by 2050 if we don't change something & 900+ ppm by 2100, then that means(to my basic reasoning) indoor ppm will increase by a minimum of 380(600-410*2) by 2050.

A rise of just 400 ppm was correlated with a 35% drop in cognitive function! You can say the fix is as simple as better ventilation, but keep in mind that ventilation wouldn't be available to everyone and, as we've seen, maybe people remain ignorant even when smacked with facts. Even if you stay safe, you're now in a country where a large number of people are mentally impaired.
We're screwed or?
I'm one who doesn't believe Co2 is an enemy, it fuels trees and trees give us oxygen. We have a delicate balance and trade off. Then the problem would stem from chopping down trees, and not planting as many as we should. In big cities and towns it becomes a major problem as there's nothing to clear the air. In some instances they completely wipe out the local tree population for housing developments.

The fix for your problem isn't just better ventilation, rather you need a better environment. Class rooms may need to become greener or synthetic eliminator and producers need to be introduced. Green spaces need to be created as part of city planning that way they suck up Co2 and shoot out oxygen all around you. They should be part of city planning, imo.

Btw, I'm one of those climate change deniers.