[Discussion] Will One Piece Anime ever go back to the way it was?

Fireplay

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im talking about great openings and songs, great art, good fight scenes, great pacing etc.

I'd like if they brought the endings back aswell. The manga is going strong but the anime is slacking hard.

JDtheAlchemist

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unfortunately, I doubt it. The pacing in the anime is absolute shit right now.. Turning every chapter into a full episode by showing the same civilian reactions 8 times or showing the same building blow up every episode. As much as I love this part of the story, I can't even watch it. The added features really take away from the reactions that Oda actually put in the manga. I really hope they fix it soon because the anime is completely ruining One Piece. As much as I hate to say it, we are gonna need some filler after Dressrosa so that the manga can get far enough ahead to fix the anime's pacing.

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Most likely not, and toei are definitely going stick with it lol(tbh who wouldn't for such manga?) but this the best selling manga, so yeah, they might improve in certain arcs, but most of the show will look like shit the way it's going now...

So yeah, toei will keep this windows power-point level animation for a while :lol

Last edited:

Relostar Devil

Regular
Kin
326💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ANIME has turned to complete shit now so reading manga is the only thing you can rely on bcoz episodes don't show the major fight stuffs properly.... Hope opening and ending songs returns with good music and pacing..... Yeah pacing is the major thing for episodes to improve and I guess after departure of SH from dressrosa, they will make some filler episodes before zou to improve this. But the major doffy vs luffy fight has already turned to shit:( which really makes me sad:(

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They completely ruined the anime of Toriko. Ruined DB Super and have been ruining One Piece since pretty much the timeskip.
If they ruin the scene with Gear 4th Luffy or the fight between Luffy and Doflamingo I'm going to drop the anime.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
One Piece anime is Toei's cash cow, it wouldn't make much sense to invest money/resources into it when they have other projects to work on. Nope, it's not going to happen.

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece anime is Toei's cash cow, it wouldn't make much sense to invest money/resources into it when they have other projects to work on. Nope, it's not going to happen.
One Piece is Toei's cash cow for 15 years already, and it's only been recent years since it got so horrific.
Ace vs BlackBeard (God how many years ago was it?) looks better than the stuff Sabo shows now imo.

jiraiya lives

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
One Piece is Toei's cash cow for 15 years already, and it's only been recent years since it got so horrific.
Ace vs BlackBeard (God how many years ago was it?) looks better than the stuff Sabo shows now imo.
Even Luffy vs Croc seemed more smooth/fluid and paced better than most of this Doffy fight

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah and Toei had bigger projects in the recent years. Mainly Toriko (almost same amount of eps as HxH), Dragon Ball Super, World Trigger, etc.