[Question] Will oda guve the strawhats a devil fruit?

Naruto D Luffy

Legendary
Kin
81💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it would make for a interestinf part of the story for the strawhats to find a devil fruit since theyve never actually found one as a crew.
The question is do u think oda will do this? If so, who would eat it?

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I figure that they'll probably find one, but I doubt that one of the crew will eat it, at this point in the story it seems like the majority of the SH fighters have their fighting style well established and a DF would likely completely change it. Additionally it seems like a lot of devil fruits take years/decades to truly master and the Straw Hats are fighting the Yonko now, so there might not be time.

Plus we know that Sanji only wants one fruit, and that Franky has rejected the Mera Mera so I doubt that there's anything that would interest him.

That leaves Nami, Zoro, Usopp and (potentially) Jinbei as recipients for Devil Fruits.

I figure Nami isn't likely to gain one considering her recent powerup, plus the only DF that would really fit her theme would be something weather related, and that would be pretty powerful. Like Monet's snow snow fruit.

Zoro seems to be heading down the Mihawk route of pure swordsmanship with no apparent Devil Fruit.

Usopp has a very clearly established fighting style, I honestly don't see him dumping the Kabuto + seeds any time soon, so I doubt that he would get one too unless it can augment his sniping somehow. However, buggy's one might fit in well with him as the "fearless warrior" thing could
become true as with buggy's fruit you cannot be cut and most pirates or marines use swords!

And Jinbei, being a Fishman with mastery of Fishman Karate isn't likely to give up the ability to swim considering how many times it's saved Luffy already.

Last edited:
Reactions: HowDidIGetPrem