Will Naruto Repeat The Same Strategy As Dragon Ball Franchise?

Bankai11

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I just checked the wikipedia of Dragon Ball.

According this, the LAST animated production of Dragon Ball was a movie called as "Dragon Ball Path To Power" in 1996 and the animated series ended in 1997.

THEN after 11 years the FIRST Dragon Ball animated production, an OVA called as "Son Goku And His Friends Returns" created, then in 2013 Dragon Ball Z Battle Of Gods created - 17 years after the last movie -, and now 2 years and another movie later we will get another animated series (Dragon Ball Super).

Do you think that Naruto will play the same "strategy road"?

I mean:
- The Boruto movie will be the final animated movie of Naruto.
- The animated series will end after the final movie (in this year).

There are chances that after the animated series is over, they will wait for 10-11 years till Naruto franchise will get "oldschool cult", then release a new OVA, then a new Movie, then a new series.

After all: Kishimoto's role model is Toriyama.

Shruikan

Legendary
Kin
12💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's obviously going that way although unlike DBZ which will focus on fights Naruto will be mostly soap operas about family angst and pairing teases

Hyuga Prodigy

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The thing here is why does people always expect Naruto&DBZ to end when the popularity always up spiked demanding more contents and as such unlike other series like Yu Yu Hakusho/ Inuyasha.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Naruto has that luxury honestly DBZ had a strong presence after it ended because of american TV which has way less power now. Maybe if they put every single episode on Netflix in about 2 years it could make a large enough rift to keep people loyalty and excitement. Also Video Games are a huge way to keep a franchise alive so it all depends but 15 years from now so many people will have lost interest (Im not one of those people im die hard) maybe more like 5 years from now they could come back to a huge excited fan base.
But honestly i just wish that they would never stop producing mangas and episodes for it. like if Kishi wants to do something else cool sell it off or let someone take over until you inevitably come back because you cant create anything better

Manigold

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think thats where Kishimoto's plans are heading, depending on the success of Naruto Gaiden and Boruto the movie, Kishi will think aboout the possibility of making Naruto part 3 or new movie projects

Spongebond

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am scar3d it is going to become Naruto ball Z. Naruto already went tk space/moon. The weird technological burst that Konoha had looks advanced enough to at least warrant space travel. I mean Naruto was working on a macbook.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I am scar3d it is going to become Naruto ball Z. Naruto already went tk space/moon. The weird technological burst that Konoha had looks advanced enough to at least warrant space travel. I mean Naruto was working on a macbook.
introduction of tech can really destroy an anime but i think Kishi is actually aware of that and careful with it

Deadmed

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't think Naruto has that luxury honestly DBZ had a strong presence after it ended because of american TV which has way less power now. Maybe if they put every single episode on Netflix in about 2 years it could make a large enough rift to keep people loyalty and excitement. Also Video Games are a huge way to keep a franchise alive so it all depends but 15 years from now so many people will have lost interest (Im not one of those people im die hard) maybe more like 5 years from now they could come back to a huge excited fan base.
But honestly i just wish that they would never stop producing mangas and episodes for it. like if Kishi wants to do something else cool sell it off or let someone take over until you inevitably come back because you cant create anything better
It all depends on the Boruto movie, if that sucks then the fans will give up.