[Discussion] Will Laxus surpass his grandfather?

Dark Sonic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I saw that fight Laxus had with Jura so I'm assuming he should be able to surpass Makarov. But what about Gildarts? Can he mop the floor with him?

loj

from the east blue
Immortal
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You never know in Fairy Tail...one moment he is on the ground can't move anymore,next second he one shots everyone with almighty nakama power up

Vanto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Laxus keeps having insane feats so far, but we haven't seen a truly serious Gildarts, yet. He could defeat or give casual Gildart a tough fight (if you assume that Gildarts never train, which would be unlikely) but I think that we'd need to know what the crush mage is capable of.

I'd still put Laxus below though, Gildarts crushed a mountain when he got serious, with a single blow.

^ Both of them being Nakamas prevent FT power-up from working.

Darth AniCetuS

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Laxus had already surpassed his grandfatther. He was able to fight Hades on equal footing for a while, whereas Makarov completely failed against Hades.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He already surpassed his grandfather. I would say Laxus is still weaker than Gildarts but he's still one of the powerhouses in FT.

YellowFang

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gidarts can mop the floor with anyone in FT, and Laxus is definitely above his grandpops...
But none of them can hurt Natsu or Erza, there friendship is off the charts...