Trait Points
0⚔️

Things we know:
  • Titans were humans
  • Titans live off of sunlight and that is the only thing they need to live
  • They dont need to eat humans to survive
  • They dont eat animals

So why eat humans?

My theory is because all they want to do is return to their human forms.

How do they return to their human forms? By eating a titan shifter and taking their powers. We know this because that is how Ymir became human again after becoming a titan. She as a Titan ate Reiner and Bertolt's childhood friend who was a titan shifter and became human again.

So all titans do is eat and eat humans until hopefully they find one who is a titan shifter and can take their powers and finally become human again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Byron123 and Reraru

Ambivalence

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm pretty sure this was outright stated in the manga, though - theorized by Zoe in a chapter that I probably won't be able to find.

Last edited:

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This theory can be possible but we know that the first transformation of a titan shifter would delete the human's memories inside the titan. seeing how yimr stayed 60 years inside her titan and is yet to fully have her memory back, she described it as "endless nightmare" So It's kinda hard to imagine that titans are aware of their human past.

good theory tho

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was stated in the manga, like when Yimir ate Rejners friend after being a titan for 60 years she became a human etc.

Although mindless Titans act naturally and eat.

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was stated in the manga, like when Yimir ate Rejners friend after being a titan for 60 years she became a human etc.

Although mindless Titans act naturally and eat.
No they never stated why titans eat humans. They eat humans in hope of becoming human again.

Ymir was a mindless Titan as well, she attacked humans just like all the other titans but was lucky enough to have eaten a shifter.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No they never stated why titans eat humans. They eat humans in hope of becoming human again.

Ymir was a mindless Titan as well, she attacked humans just like all the other titans but was lucky enough to have eaten a shifter.

Yes hats what I'm saying but Zoe had that theory. What you said

2Lazy2Post

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Did you just copy paste this theory from the chapter Hange says it. It seems like pretty much word for word what she said. Have you read the manga or just watched the anime?