Mighty Curtain Messiah

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Decreasing consumption doesnt always mean losing profits. I'd say it depends on how close will it get to the equilibrium point and consumption relations with the price. With another words if it's elastic or inelastic.

I'd like them to introduce two types of manga - coloured one and black and white. I hate when it's hard to get what it is drawn there.

Valkyria

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Awards
Decreasing consumption doesnt always mean losing profits. I'd say it depends on how close will it get to the equilibrium point and consumption relations with the price. With another words if it's elastic or inelastic.

I'd like them to introduce two types of manga - coloured one and black and white. I hate when it's hard to get what it is drawn there.
It's not really hard to understand what's being drawn in each panel. It's pretty clear most of the time :confused:

fmcande

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
i think is cus is a tradition in japan for the manga been black and white
i don't think is a time or money issue

naruto is the 1 anime in the world right now .... soo i think that kishi is rich
time wise......... like i said if u hire more people to color the manga in a day a chapter can be color ...and can be print it in hour's

fmcande

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
One word:
Anime
lol ur rite
It's not the manga style. It's black and white, the style of "inking". It is also easier to print and cheaper to make. It's not like it's any better coloured.
saves time and money
Yeah Basically
It's not really needed. It would be weird if Kishi decided to hire people to color the manga after being used to black and white. It'll probably take longer to be released and cost more to print.
How long you wanna wait
lolz i like manga in white and black it's look like u read something sooooooooo important
and also i love kakashi in white and black that make him sooooooo hot ^^
u guys said this cus the anime is still running but if they cancel the anime ( which i doubt ) u will wish to see the manga color belive it lol

jt270794

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Kishi Has Alot On His Plate He Has To Work On The Anime,Movies,Manga,Video Games And Everything Has To Go Threw Him And Thats Alot Of Work Can You Image Him Working On The Manga Then He Has To Re Do it For Anime with Color Also Drawing For A Movie That Comes Out Each Year And Les Not Forrget He Has To Work With The Video Games Cause It Been Crazy If Jiariya Pops Up With A Ultimate Sharigan Lol
can i point out that kishi has nothing to do with any of them apart from the manga. there is a link to an interview on here somehwere that says he writes, draws, meets with editors and sleeps all week.

sorry for being off topic there btw. :)

DarkMarke

Regular
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
You are aware that you want someone to waste alot of money just to satisfy your petty desire.

1. Coloring takes quite some time to do, adding that to what Kishi already does will make it highly unpractical to release Naruto on a weekly basis, the more work he has to do will only make him want to get the manga over and done with quicker. (Posted earlier)

2. Coloring cost's money, those who are for coloring seem to think that bumping up the cost a little won't hurt.
-However Kishi would have to pay for the color ink which would be several times more expensive than black all together.
-He'll be using A hell of alot of color ink since He'll have to fill the whole panel with color, as opposed to black lines and the occasional black object.
-He has to pay for someone to color it.
-There's no profit in him coloring it, only loss.

If you have such a problem with it then you hire someone to color the scanlation.
If Kishi doesn't want to color then he doesn't have to color, its not like we are in any position to picky.

thats enough ranting.

Sasuke Uzumaki

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
Guys, girls, it is also a tradition in Asian countries to go on using Indian ink resembling some of their traditional art.

Just picture this: manga (especially those for children) come in very cheap magazines, they cost the same or less as a newspaper. So they make them in black and white both because in this way children can buy it and also because of tradition.

I'm speaking about Shounen Jump and the like. The manga we buy in our countries are collections of several manga issues, those are not as cheap.

There's no way a coloured magazine would cost the same as a newspaper.

And another thing: you cannot compare an American comic artist who is asked to make one page a week, to a mangaka who has to make from 20 to 45 pages a week, create the story and also draw it.

Kishi drawing about 17 a week is an exception to the rule, but they are still too many pages to make. I know a mangaka who draws fast and can make 2 finished pages a day.

Last edited:

Shibuki

Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ
The reasons have already been stated before why they dont do it.
Such as:
1.Money
2.Time
3.Tradition

I do not believe more people would buy the series either if it cost more and was coloured. Also in my personal opinon i prefer black and white though i like to see color apafges every once in awhile though that is my opinon

Sasuke Uzumaki

Veteran
Kin
0๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
0๐Ÿ’ด
Trait Points
0โš”๏ธ

Manga's are made into anime when they have a lot of readers. The best way to check that is with low-cost manga.

Not all consumers are the American style, they may prefer tradition over colour.