Why SSJ4 made perfect sense

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not gonna bash the whole SSJGSS thing (although I reeeeeaaalllllly want to....).

But, for the following reasons, I do not feel that SSJ4 should've been phased out

SSJ4 rids the saiyan of his weakness. Goku became merciless and Vegeta admitted he could not beat Syn alone. Imagine what it would've done for Gohan if he reached it somehow.

SSJ4, after decades, showed the cap off of the progression that lead to the Original Super Saiyan finally being surpassed.

SSJ4 is a defining feature of Goku. Google "Goku forms" and second to SSGSS will be SSJ4.

Debatably, even when you ignore the GT inconsistencies, SSJ4 is stronger than SSGSS

SSJ4 ShenGoku was rightfully the most powerful being in the DBZ universe.

Just sayin'.

:flakez:

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yea. SSJ4 made a ton of sense, such as why the legendary Super Saiyan destroyed his planet
and it finally tapped into the ape aspect of their race instead of them just growing their hair.

Sad to see it scrapped like that as filler.

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know about ssj4 being stronger than ssgss, I don't know if there's even a way for us to know wich is stronger. There was also ssj4 gogeta wich was supposed to be way stronger than just ssj4.

juzumaki

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i just liked the fact that it has the ape heritage to it most logical transformation made use of ozaru instead of completely forgetting about it

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
SS4 was boring, it never gave off the same feel of being extremely overpowered as the other super saiyan forms did when they were introduced. And it seemed like a cop out when the GT writers didn't want to keep Goku as a kid.

Regarding power differences. SSG was able to keep up with 70% Beerus, while 1% stomped SS3. SSG is atleast 7* stronger than SS4. Any difference in power is down to GT Goku being stronger in Base than DBS Goku.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i just liked the fact that it has the ape heritage to it most logical transformation made use of ozaru instead of completely forgetting about it
My point exactly. Golden Ozaru was at least 10 times stronger than SSJ3 and then SSJ4 stabilized that ridiculous amount of power. Logic. It worked and it made Goku and Vegeta more believable as powerhouses. They are anti-gods since the surpassed all the Kais with just hard work over decades, not training sessions over weeks. I guess Grand Kai was never the fastest in the universe if Wis was always around, eh?

:wesobi:

Dark Sonic

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
GT Goku's Base form is stronger than Buu so I see where you are coming from and that he can destroy the Universe. However, SSGSS is another story and is obviously stronger than SSG, which is a Universe Busting form so SSGSS is supposedly more powerful.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
GT Goku's Base form is stronger than Buu so I see where you are coming from and that he can destroy the Universe. However, SSGSS is another story and is obviously stronger than SSG, which is a Universe Busting form so SSGSS is supposedly more powerful.
You must be registered for see images