[Discussion] Why My Hero mean so much to me...

Valhalla

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Before I even knew what anime and manga was I had DC Comics in my life. Still to this day Batman is by far my favorite character of all time. Its easy to say that without American Comics I probably would have never dove into anime and manga to begin with.

The reason for this is we all know many anime stories revolve around specifics in Japanese culture that may not translate seamlessly to audiences outside of Japan, but My Hero manages to marry elements from the East and West to appeal to Manga and American Comics all over the world. At the forefront, My Hero Academia is a traditional shonen action manga, but it’s also a traditional Western superhero comic with tributes to the heroes that American fans surely know and love.

You must be registered for see images

My Hero Academia embraces analogs of other famous American comic book characters. Horikoshi’s creation All Might represents every aspect of the pure heroic ideal in the same way that the Silver Age Superman did. In fact, most of Horikoshi’s characters adhere to the same black-and-white morality that the Silver Age of comics embodied. All Might always fights to the bitter end while never giving up, and he’s willing to throw his life on the line for innocents with a smile on his face.

My Hero Academia is the best blend of everything great in both mediums. If you’ve ever liked American comics, then this is your best gateway into the manga scene.

This series is rapidly becoming my favorite series of all time and I can't wait to see what the future brings from this Great manga and anime

PLUS ULTRA!!!

AllKnowingShinobi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its a great show and written wonderfully, my only skepticism is that the show/manga is to pg-pg13 not enough consequences or heart felt moments that make a true hero a hero. a hero should experience death of a love one/ or life changing event and use that to better then self, not everything should be 'hunky dory' or 'midoriya' all the time.

I like teen titans better tho, almost the same idea

Valhalla

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its a great show and written wonderfully, my only skepticism is that the show/manga is to pg-pg13 not enough consequences or heart felt moments that make a true hero a hero. a hero should experience death of a love one/ or life changing event and use that to better then self, not everything should be 'hunky dory' or 'midoriya' all the time.

I like teen titans better tho, almost the same idea

In my opinion there are many life changing and heart felt moments with many characters of My Hero. Midoriya, Todoroki, and Ida have all had major moments in the Anime and Manga that have helped develop their characters all while pulling at my heart strings. A LOT of the main cast has had something along those lines.

Noizecreep

Kin
48💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Great analysis of the series. I hope more people see this post and BNH as a result.

Only started watching it recently and it has become one of my all time favourites already.

Can't wait to see how the story develops further in a season 3!