EliteKakashi

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
its either he has a nasty mole or he watches too much home improvement re-runs! lol jk

its because he wants to be left alone when he retires (none of his enemies know what he looks like therefor he wont be tracked by some grudge holding prick.
Because his left eye being scarred with a sharingan isn't a dead give away or anything...

And Kishi has shown some of Kakashi's face in the manga, just not his mouth:

You must be registered for see images

Shunsin no Shisui

Veteran
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The best idea has to be, the lower part of his face either got burnt or horribly scarred by acid during his early childhood. That explains why he was seen wearing the mask when he was with team minato. Kinda reminds you of the other fictional characters like kane from wwe or two-face from batman.

Uchihahahaha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe it's a distraction type of thing, because his mouth could show his emotions. Like if he smiles or shows his feelings, then maybe he or others would pay attention to it? So maybe he supposedly wears it for better focus. I would guess there isn't anything wrong with his face.

Last edited:

Shinobi Train

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The real reasons:

1. It looked like a cool character design so that's how and why it was done originally.

2. Not only is it a cool character design, but now, when he's talking, there's even less to move and draw for the anime.

3. After a while, it was realized that this character had never shown their face, so the opportunity to make it funny and a mystery was taken.

4. They won't ever show his face because that would ruin it; most likely this was halfway an accident that's turned into something interesting that now people are talking about.

Sources: this type of thing happens all the time in stories...too many time for me to count, so I doubt this time is different.

Lore-friendly reasons:

Those previously listed and to be listed. :p