Wolves

Veteran
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
[video=youtube;cwXfv25xJUw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw&list=LLQBkqfSuJR2enjq610eEqRg& index=4[/video]

Do you think that this is kind of a 'bandwagon-thing' to hate on?
Do you think people's opinions get influenced too much by critics?

Or do you really think the movie was that bad?

Discuss.

Wparker6804

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well there are 3 reasons:
1) People who hated MoS walked in with a sour taste already in there mouth. Every movie has people that would bash it regardless but MoS was either bashed or praised by 99.99% of its viewers.
2) I haven't seen it but I know they did at least 2 things that REALLY ticked fans off (but I can guess)
3) Lex SUCKED so I've heard (not surprising)

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well there are 3 reasons:
1) People who hated MoS walked in with a sour taste already in there mouth. Every movie has people that would bash it regardless but MoS was either bashed or praised by 99.99% of its viewers.
2) I haven't seen it but I know they did at least 2 things that REALLY ticked fans off (but I can guess)
3) Lex SUCKED so I've heard (not surprising)
I was a critic of casting Jesse Eisenberg as Lex but he was my favourite character after watching it.

Reactions: ~Ethereal~

Alfred Pennyworth

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My main problem with it is that it's a bit too rushed:
so many things are crammed together without sufficient development to set up for the upcoming Justice league movie.

....and Lex is annoying

Vanto

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mostly because Marvel made the Superhero movie into, say, a "niche". We're habituated to quips and the likes, with colorful heroes exchanging banter and kicking faceless, emotionless mooks in the face for the rest.

DC is being much more grounded and people don't like that, not suggesting the public is childish but perhaps BvS is taking itself too seriously and, in doing so, is being too edgy and taking itself too seriously. Maybe the fact that there are plenty of superheroes movie is to blame tho, the public could be tired of them after all.

Overall, I've watched it, and it was honestly a superhero movie mixed with a rather interesting... "noire" theme, to put it that way. But it's a bit too much like a (better) ASM 2, it try to cram way too much things into the plot. The cameos, for an example, are pretty awkward.

The Amazing Spider Man

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mostly because Marvel made the Superhero movie into, say, a "niche". We're habituated to quips and the likes, with colorful heroes exchanging banter and kicking faceless, emotionless mooks in the face for the rest.

DC is being much more grounded and people don't like that, not suggesting the public is childish but perhaps BvS is taking itself too seriously and, in doing so, is being too edgy and taking itself too seriously. Maybe the fact that there are plenty of superheroes movie is to blame tho, the public could be tired of them after all.

Overall, I've watched it, and it was honestly a superhero movie mixed with a rather interesting... "noire" theme, to put it that way. But it's a bit too much like a (better) ASM 2, it try to cram way too much things into the plot. The cameos, for an example, are pretty awkward.
That's complete bullshit because of the fact that the Netflix Marvel shows are MUCH darker in tone.

Being more grounded? How about let's say the film didn't do justice to the comics in any way shape or form.

Oh but let me stop since I didn't see the movie yet and people will attack me over it :p

Akame

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
-5💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's complete bullshit because of the fact that the Netflix Marvel shows are MUCH darker in tone.

Being more grounded? How about let's say the film didn't do justice to the comics in any way shape or form.

Oh but let me stop since I didn't see the movie yet and people will attack me over it :p
Actually the film has its own set of prequel comics

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't watch it, I can't say ._.

My friends said they liked it, although one of my others said it was garbage.....although basically I figured if you're a comic fan you won't like it but if you're not you will(?). Idk

SESH

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The real reason was because Ben is Batman. Straight up ruined it. wonder woman to skinny
Supermans cool but Ben really messed the movie up just look at dare devil he ruined that movie to. It's like out of all superheros he had to choose Batman now Batman looks like s***

Last edited:

Goetia

Supreme
Kin
3,218💸
Kumi
109,579💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's a very mixed bag. Take from it what you will, but I thought the movie was pretty good. Not great, or amazing, but it was a good movie for me. The thing with this movie is that DC hasn't earned the respect or trust that Marvel has, and people are taking a giant shit on it. If Marvel cocked up one of their movies (which at this point, would be pretty game-breaking for them), people would still defend it a fair bit. Marvel has been running the superhero genre for years, you can easily tell that lots of the people that are criticising it for being "too dark and gritty" are accustomed to Marvel movies. Plain as day. People hate it for various other reasons, but I'm not going to go into that. Far too much to talk about.

The real reason was because Ben is Batman. Straight up ruined it. wonder woman to skinny
Supermans cool but Ben really messed the movie up just look at dare devil he ruined that movie to. It's like out of all superheros he had to choose Batman now Batman looks like s***
This guy...