HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My old iPhone 6 broke so I got a new phone yesterday. I told her today just so she knows I got a new number for her to call. She started yelling and saying "why don't you think for me" etc because she's trying to buy a new house. Anyway why is she mad? I work 40 hours a week. I'm 24. How should I react to this? I sometimes feel as if I am still under her control.

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wrong section.

And as long as you pay attention to where she’s coming from with her anger/ anxiety, you should be fine. Also don’t go full Norman Bates on her either lol.

White Powder

Kin
0💸
Kumi
-9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wrong section.

And as long as you pay attention to where she’s coming from with her anger/ anxiety, you should be fine. Also don’t go full Norman Bates on her either lol.
He said he buyed new phone and she was angry because of that. His mom thinks she is entitled to his hard earned money and i hate that

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He said he buyed new phone and she was angry because of that. His mom thinks she is entitled to his hard earned money and i hate that
He said he broke his old Iphone, then got a new one. I think that’s what made her mad. Op didn’t specify who paid for what, nevertheless she is his mom. Best to talk it through before jumping to conclusions.

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He said he broke his old Iphone, then got a new one. I think that’s what made her mad. Op didn’t specify who paid for what, nevertheless she is his mom. Best to talk it through before jumping to conclusions.
My iPhone got damaged from work so I got a new phone for about $200

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe she got mad at you cause you could of got a better deal on a phone. Or you need to be more responsable with your items.

If i was in your situation id move out tbh.
Maybe you are overreacting, my mom can be annoying too, but there is nothing you can do about it, just ignore it I think.
Moving out will happen eventually. Right now I only make $10.55 an hour so idk if I can live on my own yet

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
My old iPhone 6 broke so I got a new phone yesterday. I told her today just so she knows I got a new number for her to call. She started yelling and saying "why don't you think for me" etc because she's trying to buy a new house. Anyway why is she mad? I work 40 hours a week. I'm 24. How should I react to this? I sometimes feel as if I am still under her control.
Talk with someone close to her and try to see if something is happening. Maybe she is just not wanting to pass on her problems.

Even if it seems hard, try to approach her and explain your situation, and say that you are sorry, and didn't do it trying to do her any bad.

It shows you are mature and understanding.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She's obviously under a lot of stress and as you mentioned she's saving money. Nobody just snaps because you brought a new phone. To her your wasting money so she's venting and letting you know in her own way. You should let her say whatever she needs to say and not argue, once she's gotten it off her chest leave her for some time.

You know her temperament best and when to talk to her. When you do be nice, calm and considerate. I'm sure everything will work itself out.

Last edited:

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She's obviously under a lot of stress and as you mentioned she's saving money. Nobody just snaps because you brought a new phone. To her your wasting money so she's venting and letting you know in her own way. You should let her say whatever she needs to say and not argue, once she's gotten it off her chest leave her for some time.

You know her temperament best and when to talk to her. When you do be nice, calm and considerate. I'm sure everything will work itself out.
Talk with someone close to her and try to see if something is happening. Maybe she is just not wanting to pass on her problems.

Even if it seems hard, try to approach her and explain your situation, and say that you are sorry, and didn't do it trying to do her any bad.

It shows you are mature and understanding.
I'm calm now but I'm still at work