Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is something that has been perplexing me, the most obvious answer would IMO be that Arima is interested in Kaneki's raw ability.
You must be registered for see images
I mean as we know Arima never complements anyone, so for him to praise Kaneki is really something out standing, and Kaneki scratching Arima is definitely worthy of praise. Not even Shachi, Eto, or both the Rabbit siblings were able to lay a scratch on Arima, so Arima being interested in Kaneki's potential seems like a given. Now what does Arima want do with this potential...

Well if you believe Arima's statement here then Arima views Kaneki as another tool, a quinque

Now if it is really this simple then Arima simply sees Kaneki as a tool that will be an asset to himself, but then there is this. -__-

I am pretty sure this is something that was drilled into Kaneki. If that is correct then Arima trained Kaneki to imitate his fighting style in order and kill him (Arima) under threat of Kaneki being erased again or killed. :wut:

There is also this-

"If you don't stand then to me you will.......

(A.) Fall
(B.) Be of no use

^Those are the two main ideas that I can think of. :sdo2:

If the answer is A, and Arima is saying that if Kaneki doesn't persevere then he will fall it will mean that Arima is preparing Kaneki at that time to be the one that kills him, and if Kaneki doesn't push himself harder then when that time comes Kaneki will be the one to die. Once again though this would mean that Arima either knows that Kaneki will eventually betray him or that he was training Kaneki to kill him one day. This would explain why Kaneki is so adamant that NO ONE can defeat Arima, because during Kaneki's entire time with Arima his training would have been to try and kill Arima.

If the answer is B though, it could mean that Kaneki is just a tool that Arima wants to continue to fight until Kaneki breaks. :wut: This would make sense by just looking at how Arima treated his Quinues when he was young. He would use multiple quinque, alternating to whichever one was advantageous to his situation, and if one broke then he would simply throw it to the ground and grab another without a care.

So what do you think of Kaneki's relationship is with Arima? Is Kaneki Arima's specialized quinque for assisted suicide, or is Kaneki just another throw away quinque?

Last edited:

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then why do you believe Arima wants to die? :|
What if he is suicidal himself? Hes cold on the outside but what if that is just a front? I am really curious to see a flashback of him in V. We saw in tokyo jack that his hair was blue and ishidas answer to arimas hair being white so young was bad genes but perhaps theres more to it? I personally love arima and kaneki. Arima probably sees himself in kaneki maybe? When kaneki smiled a 2 chapters back in the flashback we saw something in arima i feel thats what ishida wanted us to see.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
What if he is suicidal himself? Hes cold on the outside but what if that is just a front? I am really curious to see a flashback of him in V. We saw in tokyo jack that his hair was blue and ishidas answer to arimas hair being white so young was bad genes but perhaps theres more to it? I personally love arima and kaneki. Arima probably sees himself in kaneki maybe? When kaneki smiled a 2 chapters back in the flashback we saw something in arima i feel thats what ishida wanted us to see.
So you think that Arima sees himself in Kaneki maybe :wut:
I know that V just sees him as an attack dog, but I can't think of anything that would lead Arima to wanting to die. We need flashbacks :nuts:

Maybe Arima was created by V's breeding and while the pinnacle of strength he has health problems and possible low life expectancy, however V are using their technology to keep him alive

Last edited:

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you think that Arima sees himself in Kaneki maybe :wut:
I know that V just sees him as an attack dog, but I can't think of anything that would lead Arima to wanting to die. We need flashbacks :nuts:

Maybe Arima was created by V's breeding and while the pinnacle of strength he has health problems and possible low life expectancy, however V are using their technology to keep him alive
Lol yeah flashbacks are really needed here. Ishida has been going in every chapter since kaneki came back. Most worrying part is when we see toruu all messed up and arima vs kaneki. Now i seriously think furuta aint no joke, he probably sparred with arima and could be on par or perhaps stronger than him, that would be a twist. Im getting scared. ._.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lol yeah flashbacks are really needed here. Ishida has been going in every chapter since kaneki came back. Most worrying part is when we see toruu all messed up and arima vs kaneki. Now i seriously think furuta aint no joke, he probably sparred with arima and could be on par or perhaps stronger than him, that would be a twist. Im getting scared. ._.
#1 I am pretty sure Tooru is coming back broken >_>
#2 We know that Furuta is Arima's superior as far as position, but tbh I really doubt he is stronger than Arima

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
#1 I am pretty sure Tooru is coming back broken >_>
#2 We know that Furuta is Arima's superior as far as position, but tbh I really doubt he is stronger than Arima
Ishida has hinted that toruu had a messed up past so even more sad flashbacks incoming. Torso doing some craazy stuff in that cave. o_O and as furuta, i was surprised on how he killed matsumae by rendering her eyes useless in such a graphic way. His techiniques must be on some level. If kaneki does go against him, i wouldnt be surprised if furuta helps him or lets him pass after telling him something or fighting him and overpowering kaneki. i could be wrong though, kaneki is not about to play games while hinami is extremely vulnerable. Im hyped for this upcoming chapter im expecting to see toruu hopefully.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ishida has hinted that toruu had a messed up past so even more sad flashbacks incoming. Torso doing some craazy stuff in that cave. o_O and as furuta, i was surprised on how he killed matsumae by rendering her eyes useless in such a graphic way. His techiniques must be on some level. If kaneki does go against him, i wouldnt be surprised if furuta helps him or lets him pass after telling him something or fighting him and overpowering kaneki. i could be wrong though, kaneki is not about to play games while hinami is extremely vulnerable. Im hyped for thi chapter im expecting to see toruu.
I think its more likely that Furuta is just going to taunt Kaneki, maybe this will be how we get Furuta's Ghoul reveal.

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think its more likely that Furuta is just going to taunt Kaneki, maybe this will be how we get Furuta's Ghoul reveal.
Right something like.

Furuta: remember that night with rize? She blew me 5 minutes before she entered ainteiku in a alley..
Did she have nut breath when she spoke to you? ..*laughs*

Kaneki: . . . . ( bastard)

Hinami: onichan. . . Rize?

Jellal Fernandes

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to kill all ghouls of course
he just saw kaneki as an opportunity to have an errand boy
Well there is definitely more that has to be revealed on the connection between arima and kaneki. Because a few chapters back furuta told eto that the story on why he dropped the steel beams on kaneki, would be a story to be told another day. And since we know arima is connected to V, how long have V been monotoring kaneki? Arima knew of kaneki when he fought him in V14 right? This leads me to believe that if arima is the OEK. He wants kaneki to kill him because of his past with V..