[Question] Why does Gildarts keep disappearing?

Aomine

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet hes trying to find a way to take down Acnologia somehow so the rest of Fairy Tail doesn't have to deal with him and Zeref at the same time.. Either that or he's sitting on a beach reading his erotic magazines ?

You must be registered for see images

Cellus523

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Having someone that powerful, if kept around, would just be nerfed or somehow taken out of the action anyway as to not trivialize any action or raise the question of "why didn't he just ko the threat instead of (insert MC here)?"

sravan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
just like others said he went to find his long lost brother(shanks)
seriously:-I think hiro created gildarts in a whole other league and it will ruin his hype if he lost to others.so hiro never uses him in main fights and makes him off screen every time.so that he can maintain his hype like a godly character........

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
seriously:-I think hiro created gildarts in a whole other league and it will ruin his hype if he lost to others.so hiro never uses him in main fights and makes him off screen every time.so that he can maintain his hype like a godly character........
He was canonically stated to get owned by Acnologia in a flash so I don't think his hype gets reduced over a defeat or two.

Tobi98

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He fought Bluenote doe, and it wasn't even anything close to a rek like Natsu did

Yall like to hype the shit outta Gildarts for no reason lol

sravan

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was canonically stated to get owned by Acnologia in a flash so I don't think his hype gets reduced over a defeat or two.

Aconogia is the strongest character in the FT at the moment so gildarts losing to aconologia is not that bad....Entire FT guild can't defeat aconologia before the time skip.

He fought Bluenote doe, and it wasn't even anything close to a rek like Natsu did

Yall like to hype the shit outta Gildarts for no reason lol
Didn't you read the chapter where natsu trembled in fear when gildarts displayed his power????
And natsu defeating bluenote is to be expected because the standard of villians he should be facing raised exponentially

Last edited by a moderator:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well, Gildarts is FT's strongest mage whose full power is yet to be revealed and the only mage who is alive after fighting 'The Herald of End of Days'. I understand why Mashima-sensei don't keeps him around. Keeping that reason everyone knew aside.....He is said to be someone who goes on adventures and wanders around the world.

Whenever I heard about Gildarts, I can't help but always think what is "Haunted Peak of Zonia"(Zonia Mountain) that Gildarts went to fight in his 100 Year Quest. For the fun sake.......Mashima sensei just said and left it.

In chapter 436.....the place where Acnologia living is seems like a mountain which might or might not be Zonia mountain.

Tobi98

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't you read the chapter where natsu trembled in fear when gildarts displayed his power????
And natsu defeating bluenote is to be expected because the standard of villians he should be facing raised exponentially
Yes and I also read the chapters where it took Gildarts a shit ton of time to beat Bluenote (not saying they were equal btw)

Sorry but by feats Gildarts' power is irrelevant now, don't blame me, blame Hiro

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gildarts is probably on par with God Serena
I think the same too if not stronger. But one thing for sure is Gildarts is/was strongest in the west. That is what it is said in the Ice Trail Spin off. But that equation might have changed since Gildarts lost to Acnologia and returned half-dead.

Eversince his return we haven't seen anything from him. While Mashima making Gildarts saying he was bad to holding back.......He showed barely anything from his strength and looks like always holding back. What I think sets Gildarts apart from other mages is 'his nature of magic', Crash. His feats are minimal too......

>>He fought and survived against Acnologia in Zonia Mountain while on other hand Acnologia toyed with entire FT Guild in Sirius Island.
>>He defeated Bluenote easily when both of them decided to fight seriously.
>>He tripped and destroyed the village.
>>He destroyed the mountain in the forest and thus crushing Natsu's will to fight against him.

I think Brandish Vs Gildarts will happen in this arc.