Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Every year they keep flooding the market with new isekai stories it feels like 80s of the mangas out are isekais.

Only a handful are actually good but at this point it's getting tiring.

I'm assuming partial reason is that publishers are moving toward novel adapted content because it's better bet on a proven series with an audience than gamble on a new series and build an audience from scratch.

But they should diversify the content already it's not like I want isekais to completely disappear but at this point I'm getting annoyed seeing all these new ones each year. Anyone else tired of them and which genre you wished got more love.

I miss all the fantasy action series actually set in the real world more specifically the school life action series.

• Wow
Reactions: minamoto

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isekai isn't really a genre though. Just the premise of the show. Often times, these isekai shows tend to just forget about that and just go full dive into the dumb fan service that these losers want.

I don't want them to disappear as I love the idea of having a character being pulled out of their own element and have to adjust. Isekai sets them apart of the other genre in terms of world building as it also incorporates the character's own world into the mix and applies them to the new one and see how it meshes out. Rather than just existing from the start and already playing by the world's rules. Isekai is all about having characters be from the outside going in (they take rules with them and the existing world rules do not particularly apply to them or rather it does and it is in such a big way). These are interesting "struggles" that these characters must work with or against (in qoutations because they can be hax characters)

Unfortunately, this premise of the show will soon be forgotten as we move to the trope of harems and debauchery but having weak MCs, etc. You know, the typical generic Isekai show (looking at you SAO S2 and S3)..

Speaking of SAO and why there is the whole hype and hate on it is solely due to that. In S1, the real SAO, the protagonist was suddenly stripped from his world along with the others and put into a death match with the world. He brought his knowledge and applied it to the world to get an advantage, etc.

In S2, it began the whole harem stuff where he is basically on the quest of just meeting women and most of the guy friends become irrelevant and the girls just became his fan club. Again this happened in S3 but this time, it is worse. There's now the sister stuff mixed in.

Fortunately this was turned around in S4, Alicization. Again, Kirito was moved into an unknown world with his knowledge intact. Things happened and moved the same as S1 where there wasn't much focus on fan service.

This is where most Isekai "genre" sucks.. These authors half-way tend to go on full-dive on their own personal fantasies and forget about the original premise of the show. We stop getting any new world building and instead we just get introduced to just big tiddies thots that screams degenerate starting from having a kid girl wanting sexual relations to necro-beast-loli-incest harem and never move from there.

Reactions: Sagebee

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Isekai isn't really a genre though. Just the premise of the show. Often times, these isekai shows tend to just forget about that and just go full dive into the dumb fan service that these losers want.

I don't want them to disappear as I love the idea of having a character being pulled out of their own element and have to adjust. Isekai sets them apart of the other genre in terms of world building as it also incorporates the character's own world into the mix and applies them to the new one and see how it meshes out. Rather than just existing from the start and already playing by the world's rules. Isekai is all about having characters be from the outside going in (they take rules with them and the existing world rules do not particularly apply to them or rather it does and it is in such a big way). These are interesting "struggles" that these characters must work with or against (in qoutations because they can be hax characters)

Unfortunately, this premise of the show will soon be forgotten as we move to the trope of harems and debauchery but having weak MCs, etc. You know, the typical generic Isekai show (looking at you SAO S2 and S3)..

Speaking of SAO and why there is the whole hype and hate on it is solely due to that. In S1, the real SAO, the protagonist was suddenly stripped from his world along with the others and put into a death match with the world. He brought his knowledge and applied it to the world to get an advantage, etc.

In S2, it began the whole harem stuff where he is basically on the quest of just meeting women and most of the guy friends become irrelevant and the girls just became his fan club. Again this happened in S3 but this time, it is worse. There's now the sister stuff mixed in.

Fortunately this was turned around in S4, Alicization. Again, Kirito was moved into an unknown world with his knowledge intact. Things happened and moved the same as S1 where there wasn't much focus on fan service.

This is where most Isekai "genre" sucks.. These authors half-way tend to go on full-dive on their own personal fantasies and forget about the original premise of the show. We stop getting any new world building and instead we just get introduced to just big tiddies thots that screams degenerate starting from having a kid girl wanting sexual relations to necro-beast-loli-incest harem and never move from there.
That trash began happening in OG SAO once like episode 3 hit. Apparently there were 100 dungeons, yet the fixation of the series was Kirito's Mary Sue slice of Life. How he'd get the best fish, best veggies, best gear, women swooning for him, etc, etc. Dungeons were never as relevant as they should've been.

wanderingcactus

Veteran
Kin
2,117💸
Kumi
1,383💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That trash began happening in OG SAO once like episode 3 hit. Apparently there were 100 dungeons, yet the fixation of the series was Kirito's Mary Sue slice of Life. How he'd get the best fish, best veggies, best gear, women swooning for him, etc, etc. Dungeons were never as relevant as they should've been.
Sure it really was more on the slice of life aspect. IDC what people really want in Isekai since it is just the premise of being in another world. It can really be any other genre beyond that. It could be sci-fi, fantasy, romance, slice of life, etc. I get that people wanted an action RPG (like the premise of the show suggested as they are playing a MMO death match).

However, at the very least, the characters had purpose in terms of story telling other than to be members of the Kirito worship fan club. They had their own motivation and their own sense of self. They are capable people and can change the world through their actions. Asuna wasn't a useless woman and so were the rest of the gang.

As an Isekai premise, the plot still remained. It just showed everyday aspects of Kirito. Dungeon crawl, dating Asuna, chilling with friends, dealing with politics, etc. I mean, he was already Mary Sue in the beginning. It was still manageable since the other characters weren't worshiping him all the time. They actually did stuff. Rather than "oh Kirito, save me, even thought I am capable, so that we may worship how awesome you are!" side characters. Hell, Asuna even got benched and became a housewife/prisoner. Freakin lame.

We didn't get that with S2 and S3. Just harem and jesus (mary sue) worship and the like. I mean S3 was the creme-de-la-creme of its degeneracy.

Hei

Supreme
Kin
263💸
Kumi
250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People watch isekai shows because market is flooded with them.Second, creators can add whatever they want, e.g want their world to have magic, or all different races from RPGs, or anything else they can think of ,add Mecha , dolls or any other nonsense just because it's 'isekai'. Basically, it's one of the easiest genres to write ,while not caring much about the plot.