Why do so many people hate on the Starwars Prequels!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New knight48

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I believe the ONLY reason why so many people hate on the prequels is because of nostalgia. Adults who watched the originals when they were kids had extremely high expectations and in their head thought that it could never replace the originals. They tried to find any little freaking problem and bitch about it, when in reality the prequels ARE ACTUALLY better than the original starwars films. The original films are old with no special effects. Yoda was a crappy robot. The lightsaber dueling shouldn't even be called dueling they just paced back and forth occassionally swinging their lightsabers. JAR JAR BINKS WAS NOT THAT BAD, he brought comic relief and in reality people just tried to find any little thing to bitch about. I grew up with the prequels, and i love them. I just hate how so many people have these ignorant opinions that are just fueled by plain old nostalgia!!!

Reactions: foxyladyland

Narutohokage7

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with you honestly, enough cool scenes plus a good story line to make it interesting, plus its the same mind who created it who wrote it so its nothing to complain about.

JJ.Abhrams Disney version sounds like it might be good.

YokoKurama

<div class="bbWrapper">I don't have a problem with the Star Wars prequels. But you have to admit that sometimes the originals are better. Like with the Nightmare on Elm Street, original=badass, prequel was GAY! And then the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, original=fantastic, prequel was just ridiculous. It all depends on peoples tastes I guess.</div>

Argle

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
prequels sucked because -
nobody could act
dialogue was painfully bad
too much CGI over-the-top action crap
they turned Darth Vader into a *****
jarjar binx

foxyladyland

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
take my advice , Darth Maul deserved a better movie than that EP 1PhantomMenace
too much bad acting, horrible fight scenes, rediculous, should have been better...:(

Ep2Attack of the Clones it was too corny and bad acting , had potential Padme was so beautiful, but it was like not good enough..
it was too no no no in it.:(

EP3 Revenge/Sith was nice, but not perfect almost , but still nice enough to buy and see numerous times.
i saw all numerous times but i know they SHOULD have been BETTER....
I could have made them better for each upcoming film.:) but i didnt work on the project:(

Reactions: XMorpheus

New knight48

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
cgi is better than crappy old animatronics.. The story was just as good if not better and more in depth than the originals... And like i said jar jar binks wasn't that bad! PREQUELS>ORIGINALS

foxyladyland

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
cgi is better than crappy old animatronics.. The story was just as good if not better and more in depth than the originals... And like i said jar jar binks wasn't that bad! PREQUELS>ORIGINALS
jar jar binx WAS THAT BAD, EP 1 wasnt serious enough for most of the story,.
EP2 was almost like Romeo and Juliet, but not enough, the fights in ep1&2 werent good.....
anyone could pick a fight from ep 1 and 2 and i will show how horrible they were...
it makes me sad, really.......wish i went back in time to change them:)but i cant:(

New knight48

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
jar jar binx WAS THAT BAD, EP 1 wasnt serious enough for most of the story,.
EP2 was almost like Romeo and Juliet, but not enough, the fights in ep1&2 werent good.....
anyone could pick a fight from ep 1 and 2 and i will show how horrible they were...
it makes me sad, really.......wish i went back in time to change them:)but i cant:(
dude are you really insulting the fights? Even the worst fight in any prequel is better than the best fight in the originals. The fights in originals weren't even fights and were extremely slow due to the crappy effects and how old it is. I've seen characters alot worse than jar jar... i hate how people bitch about any little thing

foxyladyland

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
dude are you really insulting the fights? Even the worst fight in any prequel is better than the best fight in the originals. The fights in originals weren't even fights and were extremely slow due to the crappy effects and how old it is. I've seen characters alot worse than jar jar... i hate how people bitch about any little thing
your right JARJAR DOES SUK THOUGH:) but yeah those 80's fights were crappy, but i gave them a second chance....
1 Luke isnt trained to use the lightsaber.2.)Vader was OLD & Mechanical.3.)it was about luke's innocence to maturity:)
Prequels: fights werent good except 3 obviously, everyfight in ep 1 and 2 sucked , because they should have been planned by me:)
had plenty of time to learn from the past:) i dont complain about it though, i just wish they were better,
im a fight cpreographer(in my head):)

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Personally Revenge of the Sith is my favourite of all the films (unpopular opinion) but the prequel films as a whole are just...awful. They're uninspired and it genuinely feels like Lucas just wanted to destroy his own franchise for fun.

You must be registered for see images

Okay, George Lucas describes the original trilogy as 'the toughest, most awful shoot of his life' He was constantly on his feet, everything was breaking, he didn't have the biggest budget but he MADE. IT. WORK. Because he was a hardworking director who made good of his resources and made something revolutionary for his time.

This is how George Lucas made the prequels.

Sitting comfortably in his directors chair at all times in a blue screen studio. Drinking his coffee. Try and find a sequence in Revenge of the Sith that doesn't use any blue screen. I d a r e you. This of course doesn't result in instant bad movie- it just shows that Lucas had gotten complacent and there is never any energy or dynamic force being put into any shot and y'know, nobodies gonna argue with him because HE'S GEORGE LUCAS.

He ruined most of the original elements of the original trilogy. (Sith shouldn't have lightsabers, The force isn't some spiritual, metaphorical energy- just some midichlorian shit, Jedi were basically as bad as the Sith, Anakin's turn to the dark side wasn't as subtle as you'd imagine etc.) And the whole experience of the films is just. So lacking. If your attitude to filmmaking is "Oh dont worry we can fill that all in later" then your film isn't going to have any substance or spirit.

The fights on the other hand in Revenge of the Sith & Phantom Menace, are FANTASTIC. Great choreography, but a story like Star Wars isn't all just about massive power sword fights- the final Luke/Vader fight had more dramatic meaning to it than any amount of CGI could produce.​
THANK GOD DISNEY TOOK IT OUT OF HIS HANDS, YOU'VE DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE LUCAS

New knight48

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
whatever i guess its just opinion. But still it gets really annoying how so many people hate on it... And its not even educated or justified reasons...and i actually like midichlorians, its a way to measure a force user's power and it adds in a little science. I like how it merges both spirtual and sci-fi together, which is what makes star wars such an amazing series in the first place!

Last edited:

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
whatever i guess its just opinion. But still it gets really annoying how so many people hate on it... And its not even educated or justified reasons...
Excuse me can you read my post, that's as educated and justified as it's going to get. The films are bad on a filmmaking level. I've written case studies about this stuff, seriously- I know my sh*t.

That said, you can like whatever films you want to :) There's no such thing as 'a bad film' if somebody enjoys it. Everyone has different tastes and even though i've gone through all this explanation, Revenge of the Sith is still my favourite :') hypocritical huh

Argle

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
prequel fights did suck. they may have been slower but that made them realistic. honestly why would u need to do backflips and twirls in a lightsaber duel? the lightsaber combat was originally based off katana combat (samurai), the originals did a decent job of staying true to their source material. and those yoda lightsaber duels? ugh, painfully stupid.

CGI is supposed to be used sparingly in movies, or at least a mix of CGI and animatronics/costumed extras. prime example? Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.