Why do people get so hung up on sexualization?

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is something I always see in regards to media such as anime and video games where whenever there's a sexy female character(the men get ignored for some reason)many people lose their shit.

They go on and on about this one particular character to then point where everything else is overshadowed.But then these same people make up excuses for why that sexy male or pretty boy doesn't get the same flack.

Seriously,what the hell?There's nothing wrong with being sexy or appealing to the eye,but apparently there are people out there that want women;fictional or otherwise to be dressed in burkas,unable to express their attractiveness without being shamed for it.

This is the main reason why I despise *** negative prudes who go around attacking woman with big breasts and calling them *** objects,sluts,and the like.It seems their mindset is spreading like wild fire these days and it's pretty sad.

Take Quiet from the Metal Gear Solid V:The Phantom Pain,she has been shat on for how she's dressed,when 1:
she got set on fire TWICE and as a result had to get treated with parasites to replace her destroyed lungs,meaning she breathes through her skin and can't wear much clothing or she'll suffocate.2:There are several outfits you can unlock for Quiet that'll cover her up but apparently that's not good enough for the *** negative whiners.

As usual Quiet's character and what she does in game gets ignored because people would rather ****** about her appearance.

I have no problem with sexy characters;male or female and I wish people would get the collective sticks out of their asses regarding this sort of thing.

Last edited:

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I love seeing people complain about how One Piece's females have big boobs and wear next to nothing but don't say shit about all the men with ripped pecs and 8-pack abs who without shirts or revealing their torsos most of the time.

BanGinji

Regular
Kin
9💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(barring her BS backstory excuse) She's overly sexualized for pretty much no reason. I like a scantily clad woman as much as the next guy and personally don't care either way. But, i can see why people would believe that her appearance is out of place and frankly uncalled for. (Guess the Developers had to balance out all the "snake" innuendos with a naked chick? lol)

Anyway, her appearance doesn't add to the game.. if anything it hurts immersion more often than not. Her backstory.. an excuse for the Devs to be perverted and pander to be boner driven 14yr olds that are the primary consumers for this genre of video game.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(barring her BS backstory excuse) She's overly sexualized for pretty much no reason. I like a scantily clad woman as much as the next guy and personally don't care either way. But, i can see why people would believe that her appearance is out of place and frankly uncalled for. (Guess the Developers had to balance out all the "snake" innuendos with a naked chick? lol)

Anyway, her appearance doesn't add to the game.. if anything it hurts immersion more often than not. Her backstory.. an excuse for the Devs to be perverted and pander to be boner driven 14yr olds that are the primary consumers for this genre of video game.
A series that has giant bipedal robots,cyborg ninjas,half naked vampires,guys with super powers etc etc; doesn't break immersion or feel out of place.

But the girl who wears less clothing to live,(and she's not even the first fanservice character to appear in the series) does?

Metal Gear Solid has always had wacky and out of place characters,which makes me think the people complaining about her didn't even play any of the games to begin with.

Last edited:

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love seeing people complain about how One Piece's females have big boobs and wear next to nothing but don't say shit about all the men with ripped pecs and 8-pack abs who without shirts or revealing their torsos most of the time.
"B-but those hot chiseled guys are a male fantasy so they don't count!" is usually one of their excuses for that.

Kurama2012

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At least Kojima is fair to all
in mgs 2 you play as a naked raiden for crying out loud yet a woman in a bikini is outrages

Personally I think people love to complain about Anything and everything and because *** is bad we humans can't express it in media

#savethechildren

Karna

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I did think that both in one piece and soul eater male characters were sexulized too, but maybe because complaining about it would make them seem like gays men don't say it and women don't mind it(Oda didn't even leave Luffy(I mean come on)). However, the reason I dislike this norm in manga is because it feels like a cheap shot to keep the users interested and distracted, also a lot of time it's forced and manipulative- like who the hell do you think you are fooling mangaka! And mostly because it's harmful to an art form in general, just like how CoD encouraged mindless shooters, CoC encouraged crappy FTPs, this practice seem to be encouraging mangakas to just put big boobies as an easy pass since hormones raged teenagers will watch that just for that, and thus ruining it(or so they fear) for those who cares about story, compelling characters, witty battles and philosophy and stuff.

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't like it because it usually means either a flat character or a flat story.

Their usually just tropes, other than that, it can be just plain annoying, especially when they go out of the way to make breasted jiggle or to make half the male cast get a nose bleed over them.

Let's just use orihime from bleach as an example. She's not over sexualized, but when she is, it's annoying as ****, and honestly just seems like the author trying to find a reason for someone to just look at her for a moment so we know she's there, or to give people a reason to talk about her.

Anorien16

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
that just sounds like a weird excuse for quiet lol
Funnily enough. The certain people ignore that she is a real badass just because she happens to be a fanservice charachter. We played Raiden butt naked ... that didnt change him from Jack the Ripper to Jack the Crotch Holder.