The almighty itachi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is the definition of an otaku: Otaku is the honorific word of Taku (home).

Otaku is extremely negative in meaning as it is used to refer to someone who stays at home all the time and doesn't have a life (no social life, no love life, etc)

Usually an otaku person has nothing better to do with their life so they pass the time by watching anime, playing videogames, surfing the internet (otaku is also used to refer to a nerd/hacker/programmer).

So why call yourself an otaku?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
to sound hip and cool without actually having to be. the same way as being a "gangster or gangsta" is an acceptable way of saying 'i have no job and use violence and illegal means to generate profit with which i use to define my self worth'

Last edited:
Reactions: Calpal

Cauzing

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An Otaku is someone who spends alot of time and maybe even money to watch animes.

Otaku (おたく/オタク?) is a Japanese term for people with obsessive interests, commonly the anime and manga fandom.

What you meant is a Hikkikomori

Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠もり Hikikomori?, literally "pulling inward, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents or adults who withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement.

So If you ask me. Being an Otaku is nothing bad lol

Reactions: Yusuke Urameshi

The almighty itachi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An Otaku is someone who spends alot of time and maybe even money to watch animes.

Otaku (おたく/オタク?) is a Japanese term for people with obsessive interests, commonly the anime and manga fandom.

What you meant is a Hikkikomori

Hikikomori (ひきこもり or 引き籠もり Hikikomori?, literally "pulling inward, being confined", i.e., "acute social withdrawal") is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents or adults who withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement.

So If you ask me. Being an Otaku is nothing bad lol

In japan it's negative to call yourself an otaku

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In japan it's negative to call yourself an otaku
Not so much Negative as looked down upon. Kind of like the western term "nerd" or "geek" Though it is generally looked down upon by others who don't share their interests or activities it is not a negative thing. Also your comment about Otaku having no life is somewhat inaccruate. Their introverted life is still a life, it's just not one that is largely accepted as being the norm.