Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm reviving this thread that I made a while back. I thought it was an interesting topic with a lot of great replies, so...

:sweat: I was flipping through the threads and saw the one called
A post that caught my attention was this one

Why couldn't he just say to Hiruzen. "I am going to seal the nine tailed fox in my son. Please adopt him and raise him to be a proper shinobi and carry on our will of fire." or some sappy line like that... Suddenly, Naruto is raised by Hiruzen, son of a hokage raised by a hokage... Bet he becomes hokage...
:wut: It got me thinking honestly why Hiruzen didn't adopt Naruto? I was thinking that maybe he didn't want Naruto because he was a jinchuuruki of the hidden leaf and dangerous, or maybe he had his own child to care for. Then I went on to think that maybe it's the same reason why Naruto's last name is Uzumaki and not Namikaze; to protect naruto and the hidden leaf village from the truth. Then I came to the conclusion that it was (obviously) apart of the plot, ext. Naruto wouldn't be the person that he is if he hadn't gone through those hardships and gained power through friends. But still, I'd like to think that it would have been reasonable for Hiruzen to take in Naruto, considering that Naruto is a jinchuuruki and requires daily close supervising, and is also the beloved son of a Hokage. I find it quite terrible, actually, that not only did Hiruzen not take Naruto in, but left him alone. Through out the first part of the series, Naruto has no foster parents or orphanage to go to, he's completely alone, left to survive in an empty and messy house. Doesn't that dramtically affect a child? I mean, they need a mom or dad or any type of guardian really, or it could really mess them up to see others have that parental love and them not. I understand Naruto is a jinchuuruki and all so no one wanted to adopt him, but first of all if that was the case then Hiruzen should have just took him in. Second of all, why does everyone even know Naruto is the jinchuuruki? If the really wanted him to be adopted or stay protected, they shouldn't have informed anyone specifically who the jinchuuruki was after it got sealed that night. Maybe some of the officers and anbu new, and then the word spread around the village or something, but I still think Naruto was bull**itted out of a childhood :stfu:

Questions and Comments

What do you guys think? I think Naruto would have been a much more skilled Genin if he was raised by Hiruzen. Also, I think that if Naruto was trained to control the nine tails much earlier, he would be much more skilled with using it's chakra and having less outbursts (even though the outbursts were awesome. I think we all love that moment when an Anime character goes crazy and release some hidden power laid dormant within them :ichigo: )

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think the main reason for that was that they didnt want naruto to get spoiled...you saw how konohamaru was acting....but still someone could have taken care of him,iruka for example,that was BD

Magnolius

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Adopt "the monster that killed the Fourth and caused mayhem"? Wouldn't do his image much good.
Oh, I get it. Leave "the monster that killed the Fourth and caused mayhem" to freely roam about your village without any supervision or proper training to control the monster within. Forgot about his image, allowing Naruto to grow up and orphan "wouldn't do" his village any good either. I mean, in the long run it all worked out just fine. But at that time, he should have considered the possibility that a baby might not be strong enough to contain half a tailed beast on it own. He should have raised and guided Naruto, who would have been much more skilled than Sasuke by the time they met.

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh, I get it. Leave "the monster that killed the Fourth and caused mayhem" to freely roam about your village without any supervision or proper training to control the monster within. Forgot about his image, allowing Naruto to grow up and orphan "wouldn't do" his village any good either. I mean, in the long run it all worked out just fine. But at that time, he should have considered the possibility that a baby might not be strong enough to contain half a tailed beast on it own. He should have raised and guided Naruto, who would have been much more skilled than Sasuke by the time they met.
The Eight Trigrams seal was enough by itself to keep things in check. I have to disagree about the Sasuke statement, because Naruto didn't have a motivation to get stronger and besides, had Hiruzen took in that which the villagers viewed with hate, there would've been an uproar; possibly even civil war.

HashiraMadara

Elite
Kin
137💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why adopt him? I am thinking it was Minato's wish for Naruto to be not spoon feeded because he stated "everything that happened to was all planned and hoped you could achieve it because you're my son!"

LoZelda101

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why adopt him? I am thinking it was Minato's wish for Naruto to be not spoon feeded because he stated "everything that happened to was all planned and hoped you could achieve it because you're my son!"
Planned naruto to be miserable and lonely to the point he considered sasuke his BFF? Ok

Op: cause he's the worst hokage

Magnolius

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Eight Trigrams seal was enough by itself to keep things in check.
Was it really? Because the way I see it, Naruto's seal became weaker and weaker over time, allowing Kurama to influence him a lot through out his life, which made him suffer. Every time Naruto requested to use Kurama's power, Kurama was further weakening the seal so that he could one day break free, Hence him almost being released during the fight with Pain. Had he been under the supervision of Hiruzen, Hiruzen would have noticed the seal weakening much earlier in the series and would have had the seal renewed. He would have then been able to help Naruto seek guidance in learning to control the tailed beast within him (for the 12 years of Naruto's life that he was alive). Naruto could have learned a lot from him, but instead he grew up an orphan. I remember the first few episodes. A twelve year old, barely a teenager, living by himself. That is not a fair life for anyone to live, Naruto or Sasuke. Especially Naruto, who was more incapable of protecting himself than Sasuke (back before they graduated). Anything could have happened to Naruto.

I have to disagree about the Sasuke statement, because Naruto didn't have a motivation to get stronger and besides, had Hiruzen took in that which the villagers viewed with hate, there would've been an uproar; possibly even civil war.
I disagree. Had Hiruzen took in Naruto and trained him from infant to to premature teenager, Naruto would have definitely, even if just a little, been more skilled than Sasuke. Look what became of Jiraiya, Tsunade and Orochimaru under Hiruzen's tutelage and guidance. And I would hope that you're joking about the villagers causing an uproar for the Hokage taking Naruto in. I sincerely do. That's like getting mad because the cops put someone who had a gun in jail rather than letting them roam freely through the streets. Naruto was a potential danger to the village who should have been under more strict and close supervision to make sure the tailed beats didn't break free or anything. I would feel much safer if a demon was being watched over by one of the strongest Ninja ever, rather than roaming freely where anything can happen. And Hiruzen ain't did much of anything as Hokage, he wasn't busy like Hokage Naruto, ext.

Magnolius

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Are you kidding me? Why adopt him? Why not? Naruto was deprived of a proper child hood and lived alone for several years. Did you not comprehend the way that made him feel in the movie Road to Ninja. Sakura was only living alone for a month while they were in the alternate universe, and she was 16. Imagine doing this for 12 years, from infant to adolescent. No one to say "Happy Birthday, Naruto" or anything. Only disgust and resentment being directed towards you. It's awful.

Aznkidd

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thing is Hiruzen can not risk to expose Naruto and he can not explain in details to every citizen about the incidents. He is the one up there for every one to trust, so he can only watch Naruto from behind with his camera-globe :lol
Not to mention there are hyuga, uchiha, danzo.... many hidden threat to his position and he havent found any one is qualified enough to take his position beside Minato. He can not risk the chance to let Konoha fall into chaos, just see how Tsunade ruined the village in short of time and lots of hidden threats got chance to expose......

Even i like Naruto, but if you look at everyone is equal matters then we can not because of one person and take away the chance of living in peace of many others.

LoZelda101

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thing is Hiruzen can not risk to expose Naruto and he can not explain in details to every citizen about the incidents. He is the one up there for every one to trust, so he can only watch Naruto from behind with his camera-globe :lol
Not to mention there are hyuga, uchiha, danzo.... many hidden threat to his position and he havent found any one is qualified enough to take his position beside Minato. He can not risk the chance to let Konoha fall into chaos, just see how Tsunade ruined the village in short of time and lots of hidden threats got chance to expose......

Even i like Naruto, but if you look at everyone is equal matters then we can not because of one person and take away the chance of living in peace of many others.
Lmao what ******okage. Too weak to protect naruto so he has to hide him.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because he'll have to adopt Sasuke too and it'll make the story all more interesting and a reflection of Hagoromoo, Indra, and Asura. We can't have that happening now can we?

startup97

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Fourth Databook proof!!!

Translation: Hiruzen earned the title of professor for being a researcher. He was trained by both Hashirama and Tobirama, as the man that would succeed them. At a young age he showed greater talent than Tobirama in the Nature Elements. All five nature alterations, Hiden (clan techniques), Genjutsu, all Ninjutsu existing in Konoha which explains his reputation as the professor. Hence the essence of Hiruzen is his talent with ninjutsu. Everyone in the village is his family member
5 Elements - Not even his full power???

Since Hiruzen was revived at old age, his chakra and power should be as low as before but wait... Tobirama states that the Hokage have been revived "close to original power" this means Hiruzen was revived weaker then he was alive at old age yet he was able to produce the 5 Elements at such mastery. Just imagine his Prime.

Hiruzen knows and could perform all non KKG Hidden Leaf Jutsu which equals =

Broken Ninjutsu versatility

Hidden Leaf Tech

Neutalizer technique, Bringer of Darkness, Great Clone Explosion and all 8 Gates at will.
Water Clone Technique
Water Release: Water Colliding Wave
Water Release: Water Dragon Bullet Technique
Water Release: Water Encampment Wall
Water Release: Water Trumpet
Demonic Illusion: Hell Viewing Technique
Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall
Earth Release: Hiding Like a Mole Technique
Earth Release: Multiple Earth-Style Wall (Anime only)
Eight Gates
Evil Sealing Method
Eye Mind Reading
Front Lotus
Lion Combo
Multiple Shadow Clone Technique
One Thousand Years of Death
Shadow Clone Technique
Shadow Imitation Technique
Water Needle
Shadow of the Dancing Leaf
Summoning: Earth Release: Tracking Fang Technique
Wind Release: Great Breakthrough

Hiruzen (Sarutobi Clan)
Fire Release: Ash Pile Burning
Fire Release: Great Flame Technique
Earth Release Shadow Clone
Earth Release: Double Suicide Decapitation Technique
Earth Release: Earth Dragon Bullet
Earth Release: Earth Flow River
Earth Release: Earth-Style Wall
Fire Release: Fire Dragon Bullet
Fire Release: Fire Dragon Flame Bullet
Roof Tile Shuriken
Shadow Clone Technique
Shuriken Shadow Clone Technique
Summoning Technique (Monkey King: Enma)
Telescope Technique

Izunaka Clan
Beast Human Clone
Dynamic Marking
Fang Passing Fang
Fang Rotating Fang (Manga only) - Capable of crushing stone
Fang Wolf Fang - The power is great enough to dent a Rashōmon gate
Four Legs Technique
Human Beast Combination Transformation: Double-Headed Wolf
Passing Fang

Akimichi clan
Butterfly Bullet Bombing
Calorie Control
Double Human Bullet Tank
Human Bullet Tank
Multi-Size Technique
Partial Multi-Size Technique
Spiked Human Bullet Tank
Super Multi-Size Technique
Super Open Hand Slap

Nara clan
Black Spider Lily
Shadow Gathering Technique
Shadow Imitation Shuriken Technique
Shadow Imitation Technique
Shadow Sewing Technique
Shadow–Neck Binding Technique

Yamanaka Clan
Mind Body Disturbance Technique
Mind Body Switch Technique
Mind Clone Switch Technique
Mind Disturbance Dance Performance Technique (Anime only)
Mind Puppet Switch Cursed Seal Technique
Yamanaka Clan Telepathy

Uchiha Clan
Fire Release: Dragon Flame Release Song Technique
Fire Release: Great Dragon Fire Technique
Fire Release: Great Fireball Technique
Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Fire Technique
Fire Release: Phoenix Sage Flower Nail Crimson
Manipulating Windmill Triple Blades

Uzumaki Clan

Dead Demon Consuming Seal
Five Elements Unseal
OP Summoning Monkey King Enma

The Third hokage's comrade in arms, the monkey king enma's transformation jutsu Characterized by the hardness of diamond and its at-will extensibility, Kongou Nyoi-Bou is Sandaime's"weapon of choice", so to speak and with it in hand he's made it through a world of war for an extended period of time.

Also, when Enma is transformed into Diamond Shifting Staff, it is also possible that he can attack out of his own free will, his claws and fangs add an element of surprise and irregularity. Forged in the fire of battle, its at-will transformation-based attack and defense go beyond the scope of proficiency, to attain the realm of Shinobi "godhood".

-The main method of attack consists in strikes and thrusts that take advantage of its extensibility. The hardness of diamond translates into destructive power.

Heading:
自在に変幻する堅固なる獄!!
A solid prison that changes shape at will!!

Paragraphs:
金剛如意に変化した猿魔が、さらに�� �身して数十本の如意棒に姿を変え、� ��の四方八方を格子状に取り囲んで捕 縛する術。
After transforming himself into an adamantium staff, Enma clones himself in staff form then boxes the enemy into a lattice.

金剛の堅さを持つ牢壁は決して破る�� �と能わず、捕えられた敵は座して敗� ��の屈辱を知るのみ。
The prison wall with the toughness of adamantium cannot possibly be broken, and the captured enemy is left with nothing but the humility of defeat.

Durability Feats - Super Kage Bunshin???

Hiruzen has shown to have excellent durability feats at age 69 with his Kage Bunshin as one of his clones was stabbed by Hashirama with 4 Kunai in the chest yet did not disperse until Hiruzen was done with it. He was also able to hold Orochimaru's soul for an hour long despite being stabbed through the chest by the Sword of Kusangi.

Dangerous CQC
Even past his Prime, Hiruzen had showed excellent Close Quarter Combat skills. Moments after sealing parts of his soul away to seal the Edo Hokage and exhausting his remaining Chakra on Kage Bunshin, he was still able to easily disarm Orochimaru from his Sword of Kusangi with great ease and catch him to prepare his sealing Jutsu. He was also able to easily break through the Shinju branches and save Naruto despite Tobirama and Minato unable to get through.

Further Hype and Testimonials

Orochimaru admitting that he would be killed by a 59 year old Hiruzen.

Danzo in his dying moments admitting inferiority despite possessing Izanagi, Kotoamatsukami and Hashirama's DNA.

Kabuto, a spy who has spied on and knows all about the Shinobi countries states that an old Hiruzen was stronger then all the 5 Kage at the time. Just imagine his Prime.

Even with the entire SA and 5 Kage, Shikamaru states that only Hiruzen could contend with Guruguru at the time.

Considers himself to be the strongest in his group which also included Tobirama. Confident enough to take on the entire Kinkaku and survive.

Extra Databook Hype

"The sandaime, in particular, was a genius nicknamed the 'Professor,' and was called the strongest of all the Hokage".

the Sandaime was the strongest.

Databook 1, Page 117

The "Professor" revered as the strongest Hokage in history.

Databook 1, Page 119

"History's Strongest", "Genius", etc., there are many words that describe the Sandaime Hokage.

DB2 Pg 84
Konohamaru paragraph:

Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as history’s strongest Hokage.

"Hiruzen in his Prime was able to counter every Leaf Jutsu in Existance including all MS and EMS skills." DB2 Pg 84

Konohamaru paragraph:

Konohamaru, descended from Sandaime, who was praised as history’s strongest Hokage.

He who even holds the affectionate name of "Professor," being well-versed in every jutsu that exists in the village of Konohagakure

ChicagoJhawk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think back then the jinchuriki were looked down upon so it would be bad rep for hiruzen to help out naruto. Plus it would just bring more attention being that now people would know where the 9 tails is. I think hiruzen was just trying to keep it lowkey for narutos sake