Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I first graduated highschool I didnt actually have much of an idea of what I wanted to study, I chose art because I thought it would be fun. Didnt have much of a career plan.
I realized late in the game that it wasnt for me, but I was way too close to finishing. People liked my photography though I guess. I picked that up as a hobby so it's not all bad.

I decided I wanted to sit in front of a computer all day so I thought that web design was the way for me. I took classes learning html, css, javascript, databases and other stuff. I actually feel like I grew in that field. Then I learned a lot more about marketing, ended up trying to help my now best friend do something with his tea stand using the skills I learnt, and well all in all I just enjoyed it more, and it should get me a better job also.

Edit: was also interested in sociology and philosophy for a time, took sociology 101 and philosophy 101 along with those criminal justice classes I told you about

I basically wanted to learn everything for a while there

I do security for now because it's an easy gig honestly. You could also move up in it and get paid well depending on where you go. But I plan on using my degree eventually, might also go back for grad school, idk

Last edited:

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When I first graduated highschool I didnt actually have much of an idea of what I wanted to study, I chose art because I thought it would be fun. Didnt have much of a career plan.
I realized late in the game that it wasnt for me, but I was way too close to finishing. People liked my photography though I guess. I picked that up as a hobby so it's not all bad.

I decided I wanted to sit in front of a computer all day so I thought that web design was the way for me. I took classes learning html, css, javascript, databases and other stuff. I actually feel like I grew in that field. Then I learned a lot more about marketing, ended up trying to help my now best friend do something with his tea stand using the skills I learnt, and well all in all I just enjoyed it more, and it should get me a better job also.

Edit: was also interested in sociology and philosophy for a time, took sociology 101 and philosophy 101 along with those criminal justice classes I told you about

I basically wanted to learn everything for a while there

I do security for now because it's an easy gig honestly. You could also move up in it and get paid well depending on where you go. But I plan on using my degree eventually, might also go back for grad school, idk
Woah, you're really talented brooo, Goodluck in the future in whatever you're doing!!!

Reactions: Premfection

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Woah, you're really talented brooo, Goodluck in the future in whatever you're doing!!!
As much as I enjoy the boost to my ego I wouldnt call myself... talented :blush:

I know some basic coding, a lot of useless but interesting knowledge of serial killers and philosophy, and I developed a hobby... taking pictures lol.

What I did learn from college however is just how many opportunities are out there and how you could get them. That's definitely the most important thing imo. I've even set some short term goals for myself, like I want to build a website independently for my photography and use it on my resume.

I dont know how far you are in your education but what I took the most from college than anything is that opportunity is boundless.

• Love
Reactions: Hammock

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
to spread hatred and be the anti christ of tobidara.

joke.

I studying game design closing out my second year now.
When I grew up I wanted to work with movies but like when I was 20 I was more into working with games.
Ooo Game design is definitely interesting. You make anything yet?
The only thing I can hope to make is maybe a platformer on stencyl or an rpg maker game lol

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ooo Game design is definitely interesting. You make anything yet?
The only thing I can hope to make is maybe a platformer on stencyl or an rpg maker game lol
I'm in a group now and we are trying to make a small project, I will upload a stream or something when it's done in a month or so.

It is fun, problem is it's diffucult, I am really interested in it but it's hard to get information on how to actually learn, cus teachers dont' really say much and it's actually pretty hard to google it.

Premfection

Veteran
Kin
1,575💸
Kumi
8,090💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm in a group now and we are trying to make a small project, I will upload a stream or something when it's done in a month or so.

It is fun, problem is it's diffucult, I am really interested in it but it's hard to get information on how to actually learn, cus teachers dont' really say much and it's actually pretty hard to google it.
Well good on you lol. I gave up pretty quickly learning all that. I'd be interested to see what you're doing.

You should check out skillshare might help.

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
to spread hatred and be the anti christ of tobidara.

joke.

I studying game design closing out my second year now.
When I grew up I wanted to work with movies but like when I was 20 I was more into working with games.
Ayyo! good luck my man, hope to see you succeeding and achieve your dreams.
As much as I enjoy the boost to my ego I wouldnt call myself... talented :blush:

I know some basic coding, a lot of useless but interesting knowledge of serial killers and philosophy, and I developed a hobby... taking pictures lol.

What I did learn from college however is just how many opportunities are out there and how you could get them. That's definitely the most important thing imo. I've even set some short term goals for myself, like I want to build a website independently for my photography and use it on my resume.

I dont know how far you are in your education but what I took the most from college than anything is that opportunity is boundless.
I'm in my first year, but yeah taking whats given to you is the most important thing in life and making full use of it!

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have three primary fields of study: Psychology, Philosophy, and History. They are all one in the same. Human history is the study of reoccurring psychological patterns driven by varying philosophies. When I was a young adult I worked as a network administrator. I had no real passion for it, but it funded my music career and gave me the money to further my education. Within the last year I have partially moved out of the clinical setting and into community advocacy. I still do psychological assessments, but I seldom provide the treatment.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I have three primary fields of study: Psychology, Philosophy, and History. They are all one in the same. Human history is the study of reoccurring psychological patterns driven by varying philosophies. When I was a young adult I worked as a network administrator. I had no real passion for it, but it funded my music career and gave me the money to further my education. Within the last year I have partially moved out of the clinical setting and into community advocacy. I still do psychological assessments, but I seldom provide the treatment.
Jesus christ did you fall from the sky? That is some awesome stuff!

Reactions: Callypigia

Callypigia

Veteran
Kin
88💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Jesus christ did you fall from the sky? That is some awesome stuff!
That made me laugh. Sadly I'm a mere mortal and a flawed one at that. I didn't think my profession would come as a huge surprise after I answered your other thread about therapists. I pursued it out of social interest. Gesellschaft was always a philosophical ideology I was interested in. I realized later that all jobs have social interest and intrinsic purpose/meaning; everything from septic tank cleaning to medical practice. If I had known that years ago I might have found more importance in computer work.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,030💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had to choose a field where money can be always earned, not easy or much but constantly.
So i gave up to my artistic inclinations and went into economics studies.
Overall i don't complain, it's a clean job but i never burn with passion working, at most i am enjoying some parts of it. Additionally i am talking all day with customers and this is alot more fun and makes me understand people better.

• Love
Reactions: Hammock