Why did Itachi let Orochimaru live?

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was mainly for the plot. Itachi could’ve easily explained what happened. A lot of Itachi’s choices and Itachi were stupid lol

Edit : Also, I would’ve guessed Itachi would realize Orochimaru would go after Sasuke when he got the sharington, if Orochimaru couldn’t get him. I honestly don’t think Itachi thought far ahead clearly

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not really. Itachi sympathized with him, Orochimaru is a different case altogether.

OT: Orochimaru would have escaped anyway. According to his fight with Kabuto, yes, he was able to use oral rebirth at the time. As for why he simply didn't re-attach his hand, I don't know, his regenrative powers might not have been as strong as it is now or it's just a plot hole. We never got to learn what happened after that in the manga anyway.
Nice fanfic...

• Angry
Reactions: MomoSaka

Kakooli

Elite
Kin
3,920💸
Kumi
1,401💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man you ask difficult questions, how am I supposed to keep my faith in this character when you point out so many flaws?
lakookie have good explain...

hitachi have a lot of knowledge on curse seal as seen from saskey fight...he know that even death dont kill oro because he have escape route through curse seal... to kill oro u have to kill every experiment he infect curse seal with so he cant rebirth....

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Oh wow, there's actually somone else that believes Oro>>Itachi other than me in here!

Though, I personally would say Orochimaru surpassed him when he got his Zetsu body in the war arc.
Nice to see

I'd say he was always stronger. Kakashi feared an Orochimaru whom he only knew from Hanzo hype, yet after twice facing Itachi and Sasuke made no mention/indication of them being comparable to Sannin. This matters because he definitely made a comparison when he faced SoSP, saying he couldn't imagine how Jiraiya managed, implying he doesn't consider Jiraiya as SoSP level.

As for how things work out if even Jonin Orochimaru is stronger, a few details explain it but mainly: gaps in power are different from gap in space, such that there is no limit to how many characters can fill even the tiniest gap just as its possible for huge gaps to be filled by no one. But just to clarify, I consider Itachi stronger than Jonin Sannin individuals.