Why can't (couldn't?) Mei (Fifth Mizukage) use Wood Release?

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
She has Fire Release, Water Release and Earth Release.

So? That doesn't mean she can/could use Water + Earth Release at the same time aka Wood Release.

No, but she HAS used Fire + Water Release aka Boil Release AND she HAS used Fire + Earth Release aka Lava Release.

So she's shown she can use TWO nature release simultaneously so why is she not able to use Wood Release?

Last edited:

kakashi ms

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this isn't thing that i think about ,i think she will be able to use kekai tota jutsu as unki
she has three Releases and she use anyone of them as original release
she may get plasma release as it was used in captain america film

Last edited:

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wood Release is a bloodline limit which means it is an ability passed down genetically within specific clans.
Not necessarily, only Hashi has shown Wood Release meaning he created it or unlocked it and no one else along his bloodline has it.

this isn't thing that i think about ,i think she will be able to use kekai tota jutsu as unki
she has three Releases and she use anyone of them as original release
she may get plasma release as it was used in captain america film
Another KKT would be awesome

Wood Style users need the DNA from the First Hokage e.g Yamato
Just coz Hashi was the the first and only to unlock/create it naturally doesn't mean someone else can't

Wood style is special to the Leaf Village.
Just coz Hashi was a Leaf Village ninja doesn't mean his skill was/is of the leaf, he had it before the existence of the Leaf Village

Mokuton is a KG, not a hybrid tech.
Technically a nature KKG is a hybrid of two nature releases

Last edited:

kakashi ms

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most shinobi have multiple natures, just because they can use more than one doesn't mean they can combine them.
there are difference
alot of shinobi can us multiple natures as kakashi he use four releases but only one which kakashi use it as original release (light)so he can't mix them
but the one who can use 2 releases as original release as hazu,dauri can mix them to make keki kinki jutsu
the one who can use 3 releases as original release as muu,unki can mix them to make keki tota jutsu and i guess mei as them

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Most shinobi have multiple natures, just because they can use more than one doesn't mean they can combine them.
No it doesn't but nature KKG is the ability to combine two and she has shown she can combine 2 of her 3 nature types so why not make the remaining (and possibly final) combination?

shadedcrow

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its also explained when Naruto was learning about his chakra nature. Yamato said there is no such thing as wood release its a combination of two elements in the correct balance and it makes a third. She has masted the ability to manipulate her water fire and earth in the right combinations to produce lava and boil, and I doubt has tried to use water and earth to make wood. Additionally why would she need wood release so she can have 3 KKGs? She would be way to over powered, and considering she lived in the mist and survived their hunt for KKG users is slightly a feat in itself.

@ whoever said most shinobi can use multiple elements that is true very few of them how ever can combine them or use them simultaneously, the hidden mist has about 5 or 6 storm element users I kind of doubt their all related but its probable that they are.

Last edited:

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your question has already been answered :|
Not really

Because it's a Kekkei Genkai. It's determined by your DNA whether you're able to use it or not. Kind of like how it's determined what color your eyes will be when you're born.
I agree that a ninjas DNA determines their predisposition to KKG, Her use of 3 nature releases + TWO KKG's is proof she has the genetic potential

Its a Kekkei Genkai, a bloodline limit. So only people of certain blood can obtain it. Even then, some are very rare, such as Mokuton.
Again not necessarily, Mu and Oniki both have Dust Release yet they are not related. How do you explain that?

Its also explained when Naruto was learning about his chakra nature. Yamato said there is no such thing as wood release its a combination of two elements in the correct balance and it makes a third. She has masted the ability to manipulate her water fire and earth in the right combinations to produce lava and boil, and I doubt has tried to use water and earth to make wood. Additionally why would she need wood release so she can have 3 KKGs? She would be way to over powered, and considering she lived in the mist and survived their hunt for KKG users is slightly a feat in itself.

@ whoever said most shinobi can use multiple elements that is true very few of them how ever can combine them or use them simultaneously, the hidden mist has about 5 or 6 storm element users I kind of doubt their all related but its probable that they are.
So are your saying it's a possibility? coz what you stated further supports my argument.

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
... No, no, it really doesn't. If she did I'm pretty sure she would've figured it out by now. Fact is, Mokuton is extremely rare, and there's something in Hashirama's DNA specifically which enables him to combine Suiton and Doton into his KG - hence why every other antagonist in the series wants his DNA. Mei does not have this written in her DNA. The only thing she has is her Yōton and Futton. It's that simple, otherwise every other ninja with Doton and Suiton would be able to combine it into Mokuton, which would make no sense.
Yamato said there is no such thing as wood release it’s a combination of two elements in the correct balance and it makes a third. So just coz she hasn't done it doesn't mean it's impossible for her or someone else to do it, and your overlooking the reason why I say she has the potential for it and instead take it as if I'm saying anyone can.

Again I'm saying just coz Hashi was the first and only to unlock/create it naturally doesn't mean someone else can't and to me Mei is the most likely to do so.

Cocytus

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
i think being born with 2 or 3 element releases and being born with the ability to mold 2 together are seperate things
u just have to have the ability to mold 2 elements together in addition to having the ability to use these
mei just has these 3 elements, but only the ability to mold them together like she did
there are many shinobi which are able to use more than 1 element (kakashi can use 4), but have no kekkei genkai

Last edited:

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Blue: Could you direct me to the page where Yamato stated that? I don't remember him ever stating such a thing.

Brown: Maybe that was not your intent, but that is, in fact, the implication of your question. If Mei would be able to use Mokuton just by combining her Doton and Suiton, any shinobi with Doton and Suiton should be able to do the same. Just because she has the genetic predisposition to use Yōton and Futton does not mean she would have a predisposition towards Mokuton AT ALL.

And while you say I am "overlooking" your statement, you are completely overlooking my explanation as to why she shouldn't be able to nor has the potential. So I'll repeat it for you: Fact is, Mokuton is extremely rare, and there's something in Hashirama's DNA specifically which enables him to combine Suiton and Doton into his KG - hence why every other antagonist in the series wants his DNA. Mei does not have this written in her DNA. The only thing she has is her Yōton and Futton.

So, no. KG's are NOT "unlocked" or "created" later in life. Either you have the predisposition for it in your DNA by your birth, or you don't. It's that simple.
Here
You must be registered for see images

and here
You must be registered for see images

i think being born with 2 or 3 element releases and being born with the ability to mold 2 together are seperate things
u just have to have the ability to mold 2 elements together in addition to having the ability to use these
mei just has these 3 elements, but only the ability to mold them together like she did
there are many shinobi which are able to use more than 1 element (kakashi can use 4), but have no kekkei genkai
I've answered this twice already

For Yamato: “Earth” in the right hand + “Water” in the left = Wood Release

I'm assuming for Mei.
If she does the following:
“Earth” in the right hand + “Fire” in the left (or vice versa not really important) = Lava Release
“Water” in the right hand + “Fire” in the left (or vice versa not really important) = Boil Release
Then why not “Earth” in the right hand + “Water” in the left or vice versa

Ziba27

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ah, I see. Regardless, my point still stands, and you have yet to address it. It is common knowledge that Yamato was only able to combine those two elements because of Hashirama's DNA.
Stop looking at the 'who' and focus on the how, going by that it's possible for someone else (need not be related to Hashi) to have Mokuton.
Hashi bieng the first to have it doesn't mean his the only one to ever have it naturally,AGAIN Mu and Oniki both have Dust Release yet they are not related. How do you explain that?