Why Black Zetsu is the Strongest Akatsuki Member

CANDLE2814

Kin
10💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So to start things of, I think it is extremely safe to say that I am Zetsu's biggest fan, and his most resilient solider who is fighting on the front lines for his respect. I have been across numerous different sites, and mediums in search for Zetsu respect and it seldom found. I do come across a few occasionally, as in once every 200 searches or so.
To give you a little taste of what to expect from the post, I am of the belief that Black Zetsu would STOMP the akatsuki. I also believe no character in the Narutoverse Manga nobody would defeat Zetsu in combat, save DMS Kakashi, or Amped Kaguya, and maybe 9 Tomoe Rikudō Madara(more on this later), and I will dive deep into these positions I hold
I am going to give an in depth analysis to prove my claims, and try to spread facts and wash away the disrespect which my sensei Zetsu receives.
In this assessment, I will be covering the following topics in detail, so if you have not caught up then prepare, as this post contains spoilers.
Disclaimer: This is an extremely Long read

Speed Feats
Black Zetsu > KCM

So we are goin to start off small and then build our way up, so the first feat we'll cover is Black Zetsu reacting to a speed blitz attempt from KCM Naruto.
As you can Black Zetsu managed to speed blitz KCM Naruto with his wood style, this is a great feat, becasue KCM Naruto is extremely fast, due to being able to react to a speed blitz attempt from the Raikage.

This places Black Zetsu's speed extremely high, and above his Naruto's base state, who was able to contend evenly in speed with Chiyo.
And Chiyo = Sasori, so even with this simplest of scaling for Black Zetsu he is still > to a few Akatsuki members already.
From here we can also scale Black Zetsu over Hidan, by his own admissin to being the slowest akatsuki member, I do not agree with this assessment from hidan though, and personally i Believe he is one of the fastest however that is a topic for another time
"But Chojuro >> Black Zetsu"
So this is brought up a surprising amount of times.
Against Mei and Chojuro, his intention was not to defeat them in combat, but to hold them off, this is something Obito literally instructs him to do.
And Black Zetsu was literally holding them off for entire days on end, 26 entire chapters to be more precise, from chapter 535 - 562, this is relatively the same amount of chapters as the Kazekage Rescue Arc the Land of Waves Arc and The Search for Tsunade Arc. So it was really a log time fighting and holding off 12 entire shinobi, including Mei the Mizukage who has 2 kekkei genkai. Also Chojuro literally has zero anti feats, meaning there is literally nothing wrong with Zetsu losing to him if I were to steelman it. It does not downgrade Black Zetsu. Plus he wouldn’t have been going all out against naruto since he is a jinchuriki who holds the key to black zetsu’s victory, killing him would grant him no added benefit.
And if anything Chōjūrō defeating him actually worked in Black Zetsu’s favour as being seemingly defeated takes him completely out of the picture, as confirmed by Kakashi “Zetsu I thought you had been captured".
With the understanding that Zetsu was defeated by Chōjūrō and therefore captured as well, it is convenient for him as then he could enter the battlefield completely undetected, to spy on Obito, just like Madara ordered him to do. As you can see in the scan above after Zetsu was immobilized. Madara instructs him to “go to where Obito is and bide your time until I give the signal”, so basically he was in the vicinity of Obito for 100 whole chapters, without anybody knowing, even we didn't know lmao. Black Zetsu was at the location of Obito biding time, without being detected, until he emerged into the fray. What you must understand is defeating Mei and Chojuro wouldn't have given him any further benefit at all, in fact it would make his plan to revive Kaguya all the more difficult as it would have attracted attention to his power.
Also Black Zetsu stalling them added further benefit to his plan, as it allowed him to be completely unavailable for any other mandates from Obito, which allowed Zetsu to keep a low profile. Just imagine if he one shot them all, and then Obito tells him “cool bro, now solo the entire shinobi alliance right now” the point is it would damage his low profile.
After all
‘Only geniuses can play the fool’
‘Play the fool to catch the wise’
Black Zetsu > Minato
So many of you may not even know about this feat, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case because If that were not true I doubt the downplay which BZ receives would be so prevalent.
So the feats in question involve Minato trying to SPEED BLITZ Black Zetsu, and failing. Yes you, read that right, Minato tried to speed blitz BZ, and was too slow to do so.
So for context, Zetsu informs both Kakashi and Minato that he intended to "take back the left eye of Obito". This eye was the rinnegan, and would have became Madara's perfect duo. So Zetsu tells them both, I am taking the rinnegan, to give to Madara, which is obviously a massive problem, and the gravity of the issue is even explored in other chapters wherein they describe how powerful Madara would have been had he had a perfect set of eyes.
So in direct retaliation to Zetsu's statement both Minato and Kakashi attempt to speed blitz Black Zetsu, but as already confirmed they are not fast enough to do so. Yes you read that correct, the fastest Hokage Minato who was AMPED IN POWER AND SPEED BY KURAMA'S CHAKRA was too slow to tag Zetsu.
This becomes even more impressive once you realize that Minato was 3cm away from Black Zetsu's face, before Black Zetsu had even begun his movement.
They both moved first yet still could not touch Zetsu before he could integrate himself onto Obito's body.
Now the Kyuybi chakra cloak, also known as KCM(Kyūbi chakra mode) grants the user a constant bodyflicker state, as revealed by Naruto, when he attacked Kisame. It is because the transformation grants you a superior influx of chakra which constantly augments your speed, similar to how bodyflicker works. You see bodyflicker or Shunshin, is a D-rank technique wherein you become super fast due to chakra being dispersed through your body, similar to how KCM works.
So Minato was using bodyflicker here, and this is also conveyed through the illustration choices, as when bodyflicker is being used black lines are often drawn to convey this information.
So the reason why this feat is even more impressive is because Minato is the fastest Hokage, even IN HIS BASE. So what we have in these scans are Minato's speed being amped by numerous degrees, yet still unable to speed blitz Black Zetsu.
Now I have already anticipated the counterarguments, which may be brought up, as they are often regurgitated by people who don't like the idea of the narrative tat Black Zetsu >>>>.
What I just sent above, is a manga panel of Minato's Shunshin speed being superior to his counterparts - Hiruzen and Tobirama and Hashirama. So
Black Zetsu later performed a similar feat when he reacted and evaded a speed blitz attempt from Minato yet again. In this encounter Minato tried to speed blitz Zetsu with his rasengan, but Zetsu was too fast yet again.

Two speedfeats actually take place here the first being that he intercepted the kyubi chakra transfer, faster than Minato could do anything and the second being Minato being unable to speed blitz Zetsu.
I will tackle the first one i mentioned. So Let's first establish the distance which Black Zetsu had to travel
So he had to travel 118ft which is 36 m, in order to intercept the attack in the first place, and then he had to emerge from the ground and then ascend a considerable distance, directly underneath the nose of Minato - therefore in his range of sight, and meet the chakra which was being installed into Naruto, at a rate so quick that Minato could not fire off synapses in his brain to instruct his arm to retract and thus prevent Black Zetsu from coming into contact with it.
Now this feat is impressive for many reasons, the first being that Minato has perception speed and thought processing calculations which put him as high 50 times faster than light.
What these calculations define is the speed at which his brain can tell his body to do stuff, so the fact that Black Zetsu can move at such a quick rate that Minato is unable to do anything is a testament to the speed of Zetsu. If Zetsu had been moving slow enough then Minato would have simply moved his hand away and then punched him in the face.
We have all bounced a ping pong ball, or small hand held item which bounces before. And we are able to catch it when he bounces back up, because we have thought processing speed that fast in order to fire off synapses to make our hand/arms, catch it when it bounces back up. A similar thing is happening here, the only difference being that Zetsu was too fast for Minato for the example to be a perfect match.
The next feat is where Minato tries to hit him with the rasengan and fails. There is not much to this feat, otherthan Black Zetsu was way too fast lol.
Now obviously there are people suffering invincible ignorance, or something i like to say (cuz it is so funny lmao) 'argument from pigheadedness' lmao

"But Black Zetsu stated Minato and Kakashi >>>>> Black Zetsu"
So this is actually a very common refutation towards the stance that Black Zetsu > Kakashi or Minato, however what one must understand is the context in which the statement is being made under.

In the actual scan, Black Zetsu specifically provides the context for the statement, he mentions the reason why they would kill him, so If you can read then you'll understand that Black Zetsu did not state Minato or Kakashi would beat him in a fight, what he said was "The second I detach myself they myself from you those two will have my head". What he is establishing is that Minato and Kakashi would both defeat him the SECOND HE DISCONNECTS FROM OBITO'S BODY. The key word there is DISCONNECTS, because that is what provides the context. The statement is not in direct reference to his fighting ability, but rather that the second he separates from Obito, he would be in a disadvantageous position, which would allow both Kakashi and Minato to capitalize on the situation.
This makes perfect sense once you realize that Black Zetsu's entire goal was to acquire the rinnegan - forcefully remove it. Obito demands that BZ detach himself from Obito, and remove it, however Black Zetsu understands that this would put him in an unfavorable position, and leave him open to attack.
It is also worth noting that Black Zetsu had literally engaged in combat on 2 separate occasions with Minato and Kakashi once, which I aready established, and the two of them failed at defeated Zetsu. So it would be contradicted even if you think they are > BZ.

Black Zetsu perception speed = EMS Sasuke/SOSP Naruto/ SOSP Madara
So this is actually not a common arguement, and I think I am the first person to bring attention to it. What happens is Black Zetsu was able to process his thoughts at relative speeds to SOSP Naruto/Madara and EMS Sasuke, when they were all fighting, BZ states he was going to record the fight. This means his brain or whatever can move and react that fast as well as his perception.
So he is able to track the movements of the characters mentioned, without getting perception blitzed, as none could move FTE to BZ, which is actually a great feat.
This is impressive once you realise that when characters are moving too fast for eye sight or perception, it is conveyed through the illustrative chocies, in particluar the exclamation marks or question marks around their head. For example when Beginning of Shippuden Sasuke perception blitzed Sakura.
So the fact that BZ is not getting perception blitzed is an impressive feat in itself.
Black Zetsu speed blitzes SOSP Naruto and EMS Sasuke
So in the scan posted above, Black Zetsu manages to speed blitz both Sasuke and Naruto. And yes it was BZ, because he literally states “I’ll suck both your chakra while I’m at it” further proving that it was him who did the speed blitzing and him who initiated that attack. So BZ really did initiate the attack.
Black Zetsu >>>>> War Arc Kakashi/Sakura/EMS Sasuke/SOSP Naruto
So despite seeing all of these Shinobi fight, Black Zetsu was still convinced he could defeat them all.
This is impressive like I already said because Black Zetsu literally has all the information on their capabilities and power level, yet still is confident that he could beat them all, which speaks volumes about how highly he regards his own power and capabilities.
Black Zetsu > Madara
So I am well aware of the controversy behind this feat from Black Zetsu, and I know i am treading into deep waters, trying to debunk the stance that "Madara was offguard", but I will do anyways. I first like to introduce the fact that the Madara who Black Zetsu scales above does not correlate in power to the one who casted tsukuyomi. This is because the Madara who Black Zetsu impaled was 6 Tomoe Madara, and not 9 tomoe Madara.
Here is Madara activated the 9 tomoe Rinnesharingan.
Now below you'll see Madara after he had just expended a lot of his chakra, due to casting the infinite tsukuyomi. Here he is shown with 6 tomoe, rather than 9 tomoe before.
The tomoes on a sharingan dictate power level, and your powers increases multiplicatively, this was demonstrated when Sasuke became stronger after activating 3 tomoe. Sasuke states that "his body became the same as his Curse Mark 2 State ( Which is a 10x amp in chakra) when he uses 3 Tomoe Sharingan"
Having an increase in chakra increases your physicality and mental state, as that is how chakra works:
So chakra correlates to AP/Speed/Durability
Kyuubi Chakra Zero Mode Naruto, was bullying 2 Tomoe Sharingan, prior to Sasuke activating his 3 tomoe Sharingan, as shown in chapters 229
Then he enters his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and starts stomping Naruto in chapter 230

To add further credence to the idea that 6 Tomoe Sharingan Madara was not an editorial or illustration mistake in the fourth databook (Jin no Sho), in Madar's section, he is depicted and drawn having the 6 tomoe.
So it is not even like you can say, it was an art error, because it underwent numerous editorial processes, and was depicted as 6 tomoe even in the databooks.
So how strong is 6 Tomoe Madara
So first off, I hope my explanation of Madara's power level made yall feel better,
Well 6 Tomoe Madara is able to compete evenly with SO6P Naruto, and Rinnegan Sasuke, with his limbo clones, which are ≤ (to the real) Madara depending on which translation is used. So this is basically all the scaling Madara has. This is pretty good scaling for Madara however, as it scales over Sasuke's and Naruto's other forms, and this version of Madara should also scale over his other forms except 9 tomeo as well.
I will now establish the many levels of defence which Madara had, and I will list them below, so you can have a basis of understanding of the points I will cover.
Madara had:
Rinnegan Shared Vision
Hashirama cells sensory abilities
Nine Tails Sensory Abilities
Hashirama Sage Mode
Six Paths Senjutsu
Bloodlust Sensing
Limbo Clones
Rinnegan Shared Vision

So let's first go other rinnegan vision. So I believe we are all aware that having access to the rinnegan grants you the ability of interlinked vision, which is supported with the Six Paths of Pain the Jinchuriki Reanimations which Obito revived.

This is significant because Madara literally had his limbo clones activated on the battlefield when and before Black Zetsu even attacked him.
Meaning all of their vision would have been interlinked, meaning Black Zetsu would have been in the range of vision of one of the Madara's if not all, and I actually did a little editing on paint, to explore the trajectory of their vision.
You must be registered for see images

As you can see, each of the Madara's would have been able to see Black Zetsu in one way or another, especially considering just basic science or biology, which actually confirms that humans have 150 degrees of vision. So Zetsu would have certainly been within range of their vision.
Not to mention that each Madara Clone has access to ALL ABILITIES OF THE ORIGINAL.
So each Limbo Clone, literally has all the abilities of the original Madara. The rinnegan, the sharingan, the hashirma sensing abiltiies, the sage mode, the everything.
So the clones could have used the Light Fang, which Black Zetsu was perfectly in position for as the jutsu literally follows a straight path.

And it is not like the fang would have hit Madara, because as demonstrated through the red line i drawn, it would have directly pierced Black Zetsu, and not eben touch Madara.
Or Madara could have simply shot it at himself, and then substitute himself for something, even another of his clones like he did before.
As for the next one. Madara actually has the ability to sense Hashirama, as displayed when he was on the battelfield and was able to detect his presence, from miles away likely. Madara’s sensory abilities were so great that he could detect that Hashirama was on the battlefield even when they are likely miles away, this is significant as Zetsu is literally composed of Hashirama, to the point where they are stated to be clones of him.
You must be registered for see medias
So Black Zetsu's body was literally composed of hashirama cells at the time, as he had literally been attached onto Obito's body, WHICH IS FULL OF HASHIRAMA CELLS.
So Madara also had access to Nine Tails Chakra, meaning he also has access to the ability to detect malicious intent, just like Naruto can as well.

So Madara would have this benefit as well, in fact all 6 Madaras would.
Hashirama Sage Mode
So Madara also gained access to Hashirama's sage mode as well, which allowed him to detect attacks even when he was offguard. This was demonstrated against Sasuke and Narutom when they both tried to blindside him
In this state he was also able to detect kekkei genkai as well, and he was blind.

Here he reacts to naruto trying to sneak up on him.

Six Paths Senjutsu
Madara's sensory ability is comparable to Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto as revealed in the databook panel below, which states Naruto's sensory capabilities are ≥ to Madara, which means that the difference would not be to a significant enough degree, that Naruto is > Madara. So they should be relative in sensory abilities.
Bloodlust Sensing
So the ability to detect and sense bloodlust is an ability which all ninja should possess. Even rookie ninja, such as Sasuke in chapter 12 could sense.
As you just read Sasuke was able to detect Zabuza's bloodlust.
This ability is later explored with Kakashi, who managed to sense the bloodlust radiating off Gaara

In the akatsuki novels, Hidan also has this ability.
So Madara definitely should as well, especially considering he is eclipses each and every one of those ninjas i named.
Limbo Clones
So I already covered this.

Intelligence
So it is no secret that Black Zetsu is a super smart and an intellectual, however I still believe that his intellect is downplayed, or at least not take seriously to its fullest extent or degree. I first want to explore how intelligence or knowledge is depicted and portrayed within the lore of Naruto, and how highly Kishimoto values it in the Shinobi he writes. I think this way, we can further substantiate just how dangerous Zetsu would be.
So the first line of reasoning I am presenting for this assessment is Shikamaru. So Shikamaru is one of the most intelligent characters in all of Naruto, and it is because of this specifically that he can contend with characters who have greater stats than him, I mean just look at how poor his stats are.
This is databook 1 stats btw.
Or here, if you prefer this format
So as revealed Shikamaru's stats are extremely low in speed, or strength or stamina, all things which you would think are extremely necessary for battle.
Compare Shikamaru's stats to Temari's, who he fought and defeated/
As you can see, her stats are superior in almost every category EXCEPT INTELLIGENCE. So this tells us that intelligence is the most important aspect overall. Having suc intellect grants you the benefit of outsmarting your opponent and coming out on top.
This theme is further illustrated in his fight against Hidan, wherein it is revealed through the canon game, that Hidan > Shikamaru, however Shikamaru had one thing which Hidan lacked - Intellect.
So I focus so much on this intellect point because Zetsu is literally the most intelligent character in ALL of Naruto, and yes I mena ALL, more intelligent than Shikakmaru, Hiruzen Sarutobi, Orochimaru, Tsunade, Kakashi Hatake, Itachi Uchiha, Chiyo, Sasori, and Kabuto Yakushi.
Shinobi History was literally revealed to be a chess board for Black Zetsu. All of Naruto, all the manga chapters all the anime epsidoes you watched was all instruments for the liberation Black Zetsu's plan. Zetsu was the true author of the show lol, not Kishimoto. Damn Zetsu be so smart he even fooled you.

Everybody were LITERALLY CHESS PIECES which Black Zetsu was moving into position and playing with. Inlcuding Itachi for you people out there, and this is literally confirmed in the databooks.
In the following scan, it is revealed that the fight between Itachi and Sasuke were both indispensable for his plan.

彼の計画に欠かせぬキャストであるサスケとイタチの死闘を密かに記録する。

Secretly records the death battle between Sasuke and Itachi, the cast that is indispensable for his plan.

So both Itachi and Sasuke were simply pawns for Black Zetsu, and they both did not even know.

In the following scan it is revealed that he records every battle, and sound available to him

So you remember how Pain implied his inferiority to Jiraiya had he know and had KNOWLEDGE OR INTELLIGENCE of his jutsu. Well Black Zetsu is that. He has watched all of Pain's fights, knows each and every one of his jutsu, the limitations and weaknesses of them as well. Which would be advantageous for him, as he would know the time limit of his chibaku tensei. How there is a 5 second interval in between.
He would know that Itachi's tsukuyomi and amaterasu is a short ranged jutsu.

Close Range = 0-5m = 0-16.4ft. Black Zetsu KNOWS ALL OF THIS. I can go on and on, abut everything Zetsu would know, after all he has existed since before Hashirama. He has experienced and collected information from long before ninjas like Minato or Itachi has existed. Pain's or Itachi's jutsu would not catch BZ offguard at all, as he knows about them all in depth.
He knows not to be in range of tsukuyomi, or that the Paths of Pain's vision are interlinked, or that amaterasu works close range, he knows how each ninja fights, and their styles.
Black Zetsu is also smarter than Madara as well, as he was able to deceive him with intellect alone, when he fooled him into believing that Madara had inserted his own will into the Zetsu, when in actuality that didn't happen, Black Zetsu simply made it look that way.
Black Zetsu should also be smarter than Kabuto as well, due to literally manipulating his entire actions - Kabuto was literally his puppet. The reason Kabuto was able to discover Madara's corpse was due to Black Zetsu allowing him to, and guiding him. He was also the reason why Kabuto cooperated with Obito in the first place.
This is particularly impressive because, Kabuto has a perfect 5 in the intelligence in the databook stats.
And this was prior to absorbing Orochimaru, meaning the Kabuto which Black Zetsu tricked was a superior version of the Kabuto who already has intelligence surpassing most of the cast.
So what this truly means is that Black Zetsu has knowledge towering other every single akatsuki member, meaning he should not only be able to outsmart them all, but also have instant intel on them all and therefore know how to act accordingly.
Black Zetsu should also be smarter than Hagaromo as well, due to his entire plot and plan, literally being unbeknownst by Hagaromo himself.
Attack Potency
So Black Zetsu's AP far exceeds any member of the akatsuki, this is particularly important as it works in conjunction with his speed. His strikes are so potent that he was capable of one shotting Madara and even impaling Obito..
The common counters are, but he was offguard, and i have come across this in debates myself, but the issue is that the stance presupposes that the opposition would be onguard to even prepare them selves to withstand an attack in the first place. Which wouldn't be a factor if Black Zetsu is faster. As if he is faster then you would be off guard anyways, by definition of a speed blitzed.

So Black Zetsu is faster than any akatsuki member anyways, so the argument that, BZ AP feats don't scale is invalid, as the akatsuki members would all be offguard anyways.
Black Zetsu >>>>>>>>>> Madara
Black Zetsu >>>>>> Obito
Plus chakra does not work like that anyways, being on guard or offguard does not influence the outcome of your durability in naruto. It is not like dragon ball.
Hax
Sporulation Jutsu

The Spore Technique, is a very effective and useful jutsu, and seriously underrated. It not only allows Zetsu to absorb chakra(And I'll explain why this is more impressive than widely understood later) but also provide others with that chakra. The jutsu also allows Zetsu to inhibit the mobility of those caught in it as well, this jutsu is also unable to be detected as well, as Karin was unable to detect it's adhesion and the jutsu in process, and she as already confirmed has sensory abilities which surpass any dojutsu.
The reason why this jutsu is impressive and gives him an advantage against other akatsuki members, is because many of the jutsu which the akatsuki use require chakra manipulation, including kamui.
So when Obito tries to escape with Kamui, the chakra would literally just be absorbed into the sporulation technique, and even if he escapes Zetsu now has the chakra from Obito to use for his Substitute technique and other stuff.
The spore technique literally went unnoticed by the entire Gokage.
This jutsu could literally render most of Konan's jutsu dysfunctional or invalid, because chakra is prevalent throughout all her papers.
Hidan would be destroyed with this jutsu similar to how Mifune, and Chojuro were impotent with it in play.
Sasori would likely be able to escape, since he has an entire army at his disposal, however most of his strings would be dealt with as they are made from chakra.
Kisame, Obito, Pain, Itachi, Deidara, Kakuzu and Orochimaru I believe would be able to escape, however that isn't exactly a benefit for them, considering most of their chakra would still have been depleted or at least added into Zetsu's arsenal to use for his substitute technique.

Mayfly Technique
So the Mayfly Technique is extremely underrated, the technique is one of the broken and effective jutsu, it allows Black Zetsu to travel underneath the ground completely undetected.
Completely undetectable. And i repeat "While the jutsu is in effect, his presence is COMPLETELY UNDETECTABLE and NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS ABLE TO DETECT ZETSU’S PRESENCE”. So this is a huge feat and great for scaling because this information was clarified in the third databook, which covers the chapters 245 to 402 - Volume 28-43, including characters such as Karin, who has “sensory powers which surpass ocular jutsu” which obviously would be referring to any character with dojutsu, such as Pain, Itachi, Shisui, Madara, Neji, Byakyugan users, but that should be obvious due to the mayfly databook statement explicitly stating NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS, and I do not think I need to define what NO ONE means. He could use this ability to relocate to another location, or even to sneak up behind characters, and one shot him like he did Madara. Lmao
Scan below - Karin sensory capabilties >>>>>>>>>>> any dojutsu WHICH INCLUDES PAIN, ITACHI, MADARA, OBITO, SAGE OF SIX PATHS, Hashirama, Tobirama.
Substitute Technique
This technique enables Zetsu to transform into any shinobi who's chakra he has access to. So remember the sporulation jutsu, this would give Zetsu the chakra from his opponent and allow him to transform into another version of them, like what he did with Kisame. Yes this technique creates a weaker version, however the extent of this, is not properly explored, especially considering the copy of Kisame which Zetsu created was literally destroying Killer Bee. So let's not pretend like the clone is significantly weaker.
The copies of shinobi, which Zetsu can create are also able to use the kekkei genkai of the original as well, as demonstrated in the anime episode where he used the kekkei genkai of the hyuga clan when he had hinata's chakra in episode 249.

Parasite Clone
Zetsu can also create clones, which he can remotely control.

This is particularly useful and effective for Zetsu because Zetsu could combine this technique with his intelligence.
Chakra Absorption
Zetsu can absorb 4 tails worth of chakra from Kurama
This is impressive because just a one tail worth of chakra from Kurama is a ten times chakra increase for Naruto, since he matched CM2 Sasuke, which amps his chakra volume by 10 times as well.
Base Naruto was already stated by Kakashi to have 4 times as much chakra as him. And if he acquired Kurama's full amount he would have 100 times.
So Black Zetsu should be able to basically one shot most members of the akatsuki via absorbing their chakra.
And being able to absorb the chakra from the Nine Tails without suffering poisoning is also a great feat as well, as Kurama's chakra is venomous.
Which would also make Zetsu resistant to poison from Sasori as well.
Chakra Natures
Black Zetsu has a mastery in all 5 chakra natures
Wood Style
Undetectable
Sensory
Abilities
Zetsu can put up a zone, which when you enter he will be able to detect your presence
He managed to sense the chakra of Kurama and Gyūki the moment they left the zone
Possession
So Black Zetsu's possession is extremely potent, and would seriously no diff most or if not all characters in the verse of Naruto. There are very few who could endure it and break free, however all the akatsuki members would literally get beaten by it.
His possession allows him to take control of their body and consciousness, allowing him to even access and use their kekkei genkai, as showcased when
他者に取り付き、 肉体と意識を意のままに操る恐るべき黒ゼツの能力
The terrifying ability of Black Zetsu to attach to others and manipulate the body and consciousness at will.
In the scan below you see Black Zetsu using Obito's kamui
What this means is that Black Zetsu's possession potency should far exceed the Ten Tails, because Obito was capable of resisting the Ten Tails.
Which would also mean that Kisame should not be able to resist the possession, because he doesn't scale as high as the Ten Tails, as he states he wouldn't be able to withstand all of the 8 Tails Chakra, which i interpreted it as "damn I am impressed, even I couldn't tolerate such massive chakra".
There are a few misconceptions regarding the possession of Black Zetsu Possession ability, with some people thinking Obito was able to resist it, and by logic of this Nagato or Kisame should to, due to possessing more chakra, however this is not only contradicted by Zetsu's feat of successfully possessing Obito before, but it is also contradicted by the fact that Zetsu managed to possess Rinnegan Sasuke, and Rinnegan Sasuke should scale higher than Obito, so the fact that Zetsu can completely possess Sasuke should be proof Zetsu's Possession >>> Obito as well.
Obito was unable to maintain control of the power and influence of a single rinnegan eye.
But Sasuke could endure the rinnegan and 3 tomoe in conjunction. The tomoe on a sharingan, significantly increase the chakra volume or potency.
A common counter is but Obito resisted the possession. But that was contextual. The reason Obito is able to resist Black Zetsu's body was due to Obito being amped by Madara's lifeforce. You see when Madara revived himself with Rinne Rebirth, he switched his own lifeforce with Obito to revive himself from the edo tensei restrictions.

So it was really Madara's power which resisted Black Zetsu, and not Obito.
Immortality
Due to Zetsu being Kaguya’s will his existence is directly tied to the existence of Kaguya, since he is her will he will always be alive as long as Kaguya is.

Intangibility
Black Zetsu can turn intangible

So most of Zetsu could use this to negate the jutsu which the akatsuki members use, such as Sasori's puppets, Hidan's offense, CQC, etc.
White Zetsu
So I am not going to waste your time and pretend like White Zetsu are super powerful ninja who could stomp people, because that is simply not true, however in this section I will be bringing attention to some feats which go unnoticed and desere more respect.
So to start things off, a white zetsu was able to sneak up behind Neji, unnoticed and undetected, and attack him, this is impressive because Neji has the byakugan which allows you incredible sensing capabilities. Yet even with all of this in mind, he was somehow able to sneak up behind him, without Neji having known before, and Neji's byakugan was activated, and gives you a 559 degree vision.

These White Zetsu are also undetectable as well, even to the sensory ninja in the war, which included Naruto, Kakashi, Kiba, Hyuga clan, and much more
Even Karin didn't know that they was all inside Sasuke's body, it literally took Orochimaru who has studied Hashirama for years to know that they were inside Sasuke's body
The Original White Zetsu
So the original white zetsu is actually the most powerful of the white zetsu, ad as his name implies the original. He is the Zetsu who invaded the gokage summit and trolled them all so hard. He is fairly easy to identify because he has the venus fly trap thing on him.
He is actually suprisingly fast, being able to speed blitz MS Sasuke
And you can't even suggest MS Sasuke was fatigued, because he had his Mangekyou Sharingan activated, meaning he was still super strong and capable.
of moving at top tier speeds.
And we know that when Sasuke over exerts himself he reverts back to his base form, and loses his Mangekyou Sharingan.

The OWZ, is also extremely durable as well as he is capable of withstanding Kisame's chakra. Now we know that durability correlates to chakra volume, because shinobi require a durable enough body to withstand the potency of chakra inside it.
We know this from many examples, such as Orochimaru who was literally searching for a host body which could tolerate the chakra. Because some bodies could not tolerate the power of the chakra he wanted to perform.
In the databook it is also stated that "Only Might Guy can WITHSTAND opening the 6 gates" - this confirms that durability correlates to chakra reserves, because in order for your body to be able to tolerate such higher chakra reserves your body has to be durable enough.
Here Haku states he can not tolerate the chakra of the nine tails
Here it is stated that Madara Uchiha can not withstand the amount of chakra being inserted into his body
This is all, great because Black Zetsu is able to literally spam a bunch of these zetsu, and summon them fourth to fight on his behalf.
It is also confirmed by Karin that White Zetsu has an "very powerful" chakra.
Kabuto seems to think that White Zetsu = Yamato in value as well, so White Zetsu should compare relatively to Yamato, as he wanted to acquire Yamato for his experiments, but confimed that White Zetsu would be an adequate replacement for Yamato, if they could not acquire him. This should scale White Zetsu relatively to Yamato, as had he not then him being an adequate substititute for Yamato would nt make sense, and he would not fulfill a similar effect as Yamato, who they wanted due to his proficiency in wood style.
The White Zetsu are also durable enough to withstand the effects of Mei's Boil Release.

Which is something, not even Sasukes susanoo could accomplish.

Nor could The Fourth Raikage.

Attack Potency
Black Zetsu >>>>>> Madara
Black Zetsu >>>> Obito. As you can see below, Black Zetsu was capable of impaling Obito, which means his AP is super strong and impressive.

So with all of this in mind, I think it is blatantly clear that Black Zetsu >>>>>> Akatsuki, especially in speed, i did go in depth on stuff which probably won't even be relevant in the battles, as I believe BZ would simply speed blitz and possess them, basically BFR them, as they are unable to fight.

Equalized Stats
So this section is dedicated to Black Zetsu's hax, and why I still believe he is the strongest even if we were to equalize stats.
Even if we were to take away Black Zetsu’s speed as an exclusive condition, Black Zetsu still hax to win anyways. He has the ability to spam white zetsu clones, and there is no given limit to this ability, and it should be near unlimited due to white zetsu clones literally existing all underneath the ground.
And In contrast to popular belief, these white zetsu are no joke, due to being completely undetectable even to sensory shinobi, including karin, KCM Naruto, Sage Mode Naruto, Ao, Hyuga clan and much more.
Even Karin was unable to detect their presence, or jutsu in process and she is stated to have sensory ability which exceeds any and all dojutsu, so sharingan, rinnegan and byakugan included.
So not only will Obito not be able to sense them but he would be inundated with the overwhelming numbers of them.
Black Zetsu could also simply use Mayfly Technique which allows him near instant travel underground, with the benefit of being completely undetectable. And i repeat While the jutsu is in effect, his presence is COMPLETELY UNDETECTABLE and NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS ABLE TO DETECT ZETSU’S PRESENCE”. So this is a huge feat and great for scaling because this information was clarified in the third databook covers the chapters 245 to 402 - Volume 28-43. So Pain, Itachi, and Obito would be included.
He could also use this ability to relocate to another location, or even to sneak up behind Obito, and one shot him like he did Madara.
But Kamui?
Obviously Black Zetsu does not have jutsu such as Konan’s paper person of god technique, but what he does have is sporulation jutsu, which is seriously underrated and against a single opponent in Obito the jutsu would become all the more effective, because the jutsu is more concentrated and targeted, as compared to his application of the jutsu against the Gokage, in which he had to distribute its potency and power across 8 separate shinobi, meaning it was likely 8 times weaker too. Since the chakra absorbed from the Gokage from white zetsu was enough to revitalize all of Saskue’s lost chakra. Which is a lot, because the jutsu which Sasuke’s use requires great portions of chakra, for example his amaterasu. But Kamui? You may suggest, and Yes I Obito would attempt to use Kamui to counter this like he did to counter amaterasu, however the problem is that the sporulation jutsu absorbs chakra, and chakra is required to use kamui. In fact the potency of kamui is proportional to the amount of chakra inserted for it.
Moreover it is also worth noting that the sporulation jutsu does not require direct contact by the zetsu, as the jutsu works by releasing small parasites, which unknowingly attach themselves on the opponent. So if the Gokage and Karin could not detect its adhesion, I highly doubt Hidan would do the same.

Black Zetsu could also simply summon an army of White Zetsu to just constantly attack Obito for 5-10 minutes, the duration doesn’t matter obviously as long as it is outside Obito’s maximum kamui duration range. Now all of these white zetsu are able to be remotely controlled by the original who is literally attached to Black Zetsu, the brains of the operation itself.

So these clones, are remotely controlled by Black Zetsu the smartest character in Naruto.
And white zetsu clones which the original creates are literally all hidden underground.
So Zetsu basically has a nigh-unlimited amount of zetsu he can summon forth to battle obito, plus all of these zetsu should be gifted with mokuten or wood release, the same technique which zetsu used against a charging KCM Naruto, to tie him up and catch him off guard. To add further problems to the situation this wood style jutsu which Black Zetsu can wield and manipulate, should be undetectable as well because it follows the same mechanisms as the mayfly technique, for example merging with the ground etc. These white zetsu, although not much of a trouble to Obito at face value, they should be quite troublesome with Black Zetsu’s mastermind intelligence, and knowledge of Obito’s abilities, weaknesses and limitations. Moreover all they need to do, is get within range, (0-5m) in order to activate spore technique and therefore acquire Obito's chakra, and create a copy of him with his abiltiies.

Zetsu is actually immune to genjutsu, by virtue of being immune to Infinite tsukuyomi, and the tsukuyomi is much much much more potent than any genjutsu.
Moreover Black Zetsu would also know when Itachi is initiating the genjutsu as demonstrated in his narrating of the Itachi vs Sasuke fight, wherein it was revealed he had knowledge of genjutsu and could sense the chakra of Sasuke which is how he knew he had broken out of it.

By summoning an army of White Zetsu clones they are also immune to genjutsu as well, and while Itachi would easily dispatch of them .
Itachi’s amaterasu gets negated by Black Zetsu’s chakra absorbing capabilities. Plus Black Zetsu could simply aim dodge, by virtue of knowing the visual signifiers of the activation and the fact that he can sense chakra, like Juubito and Nagato did.
In fact Itachi using amaterasu would work in Zetsu’s favour since that would allow him to absorb the chakra and therefore transform into an Itachi clone, and use the powers against Itachi.
And Zetsu’s substitution technique allows him to copy kekkei genkai as showcased in the anime when he used Hyuga Clan techniques when he copied Hinata’s technique. Yes the doppelgangers are weaker, however they are still strong enough to stomp Killer Bee, and even dodge his attacks.
Tsukuyomi works via eye contact, which Black Zetsu knows about, and therefore would not make eye contact and just employ countermeasures, such as summoning or spamming white zetsu clones, which do not necessarily have to engage in combat with Itachi, but could instead hide underneath the ground, in case some miracle occurs, he gets put under genjutsu. He could just use the clones to disrupt his chakra, or even switch out.
It is also worth noting that Tsukuyomi is a short range jutsu, meaning it only works within 16ft or 0-5 metres, or at least that is its most effective range, Black Zetsu would know this and use it to his advantage.
Itachi’s firestyle should be nullified through water style, however he could simply absorb this as well. Black Zetsu also has some level of heat resistance, since he was able to withstand the potency of the volcanic environment which kaguya teleported Sasuke and Naruto to.
Itachi also has jutsu such as the susanoo, which would be effective in a lot of cases, however Zetsu could simply use mayfly to attack Itachi from underneath, similar to how Gaara used his sand to attack Madara’s feet too.

Zetsu could simply do what Gaara did, when he pulled Madara out of the susanoo,

Zetsu would use wood style and simply pull Itachi out of the susanoo, just like he managed to catch KCM1 Naruto off guard with his woodstyle, the same would happen to Itachi.
But Kamui speed blitzed Obito. The problem here is, Black Zetsu already knows the speed of amaterasu, and knows the visual cues and signifiers when Itachi is activating it or initiating it, even Nagato sensed it happening before Itachi even fired the amaterasu, well Black Zetsu is also a sensory type ninja being able to sense both Naruto and Killer Bee’s chakra from quite a distance away. Moreover amaterasu is also a short range ability, meaning it only works at 16 feet or 0-5 metres, so it is not like assuming standard battle assumptions apply that Itachi would even be able land attacks on Zetsu anyways, not to mention that Zetsu can absorb chakra, such as amaterasu anyways, or even turn intangible.
Water bullet countered by intangibility.
Black Zetsu would either one shot Itachi like he did Madara or he would simply possess his body, literally removing any chances for Itachi to counter, since this ability of Zetsu takes control of your consciousness. Consciousness is simply “the state of being able to use your senses and mental powers to understand what is happening”

The terrifying ability of Black Zetsu to attach to others and manipulate the body and consciousness at will

CANDLE2814

Kin
10💸
Kumi
18💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered to see images
That is contradicted by when Black Zetsu is ACTUALLY unattached, and both Kakashi and Minato couldn't do anything. So your point is???????
Cuz I am seriously curious as to how you could have read my post and still regurgitate such misconceptions which I debunked.
Post automatically merged:

This is great.
what "logical fallacies" did I commit

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
That is contradicted by when Black Zetsu is ACTUALLY unattached, and both Kakashi and Minato couldn't do anything. So your point is???????
Cuz I am seriously curious as to how you could have read my post and still regurgitate such misconceptions which I debunked.
Post automatically merged:

what "logical fallacies" did I commit
No, that's just my sig.

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
808💸
Kumi
400💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I applaud the hardwork, and effort, that you've applied into substantiative the fact that Black Zetsu's arguably the strongest member of the Akatsuki, however, the gripes that I've have with that of your argument is that your presumption fails to invalidate the magnificent illusories skills, exorbitant KCM Fastest Flicker+ speeds, Rinnegan outplaying weaponry skills, and the perfect, immitable, spiritual items that Itachi possesses under his sleeve, that would incontrovertibly trounce BZ without a slime of an uncertainty - gruffly speaking - that's the only segment of your substantiation that I find quibble, or nonclinical.

Last edited:

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I applaud the hardwork, and effort, that you've applied into substantiative the fact that Black Zetsu's arguably the strongest member of the Akatsuki, however, the gripes that I've have with that of your argument is that your presumption fails to invalidate the magnificent illusories skills, exorbitant KCM Fastest Flicker+ speeds, Rinnegan outplaying weaponry skills, and the perfect, immitable, spiritual items that Itachi possesses up his sleeve, that would incontrovertibly trounce BZ without a slime of an incredulity - gruffly speaking - that's the only segment of your substantiation that I find quibble, or nonclinical.

you are fvvcking wrong u and teh OP...

madara >>> plak zesu in evereting..not to menion madara is way way stronjer den blak zesu..

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So to start things of, I think it is extremely safe to say that I am Zetsu's biggest fan, and his most resilient solider who is fighting on the front lines for his respect. I have been across numerous different sites, and mediums in search for Zetsu respect and it seldom found. I do come across a few occasionally, as in once every 200 searches or so.
To give you a little taste of what to expect from the post, I am of the belief that Black Zetsu would STOMP the akatsuki. I also believe no character in the Narutoverse Manga nobody would defeat Zetsu in combat, save DMS Kakashi, or Amped Kaguya, and maybe 9 Tomoe Rikudō Madara(more on this later), and I will dive deep into these positions I hold
I am going to give an in depth analysis to prove my claims, and try to spread facts and wash away the disrespect which my sensei Zetsu receives.
In this assessment, I will be covering the following topics in detail, so if you have not caught up then prepare, as this post contains spoilers.
Disclaimer: This is an extremely Long read

Speed Feats
Black Zetsu > KCM

So we are goin to start off small and then build our way up, so the first feat we'll cover is Black Zetsu reacting to a speed blitz attempt from KCM Naruto.
As you can Black Zetsu managed to speed blitz KCM Naruto with his wood style, this is a great feat, becasue KCM Naruto is extremely fast, due to being able to react to a speed blitz attempt from the Raikage.

This places Black Zetsu's speed extremely high, and above his Naruto's base state, who was able to contend evenly in speed with Chiyo.
And Chiyo = Sasori, so even with this simplest of scaling for Black Zetsu he is still > to a few Akatsuki members already.
From here we can also scale Black Zetsu over Hidan, by his own admissin to being the slowest akatsuki member, I do not agree with this assessment from hidan though, and personally i Believe he is one of the fastest however that is a topic for another time
"But Chojuro >> Black Zetsu"
So this is brought up a surprising amount of times.
Against Mei and Chojuro, his intention was not to defeat them in combat, but to hold them off, this is something Obito literally instructs him to do.
And Black Zetsu was literally holding them off for entire days on end, 26 entire chapters to be more precise, from chapter 535 - 562, this is relatively the same amount of chapters as the Kazekage Rescue Arc the Land of Waves Arc and The Search for Tsunade Arc. So it was really a log time fighting and holding off 12 entire shinobi, including Mei the Mizukage who has 2 kekkei genkai. Also Chojuro literally has zero anti feats, meaning there is literally nothing wrong with Zetsu losing to him if I were to steelman it. It does not downgrade Black Zetsu. Plus he wouldn’t have been going all out against naruto since he is a jinchuriki who holds the key to black zetsu’s victory, killing him would grant him no added benefit.
And if anything Chōjūrō defeating him actually worked in Black Zetsu’s favour as being seemingly defeated takes him completely out of the picture, as confirmed by Kakashi “Zetsu I thought you had been captured".
With the understanding that Zetsu was defeated by Chōjūrō and therefore captured as well, it is convenient for him as then he could enter the battlefield completely undetected, to spy on Obito, just like Madara ordered him to do. As you can see in the scan above after Zetsu was immobilized. Madara instructs him to “go to where Obito is and bide your time until I give the signal”, so basically he was in the vicinity of Obito for 100 whole chapters, without anybody knowing, even we didn't know lmao. Black Zetsu was at the location of Obito biding time, without being detected, until he emerged into the fray. What you must understand is defeating Mei and Chojuro wouldn't have given him any further benefit at all, in fact it would make his plan to revive Kaguya all the more difficult as it would have attracted attention to his power.
Also Black Zetsu stalling them added further benefit to his plan, as it allowed him to be completely unavailable for any other mandates from Obito, which allowed Zetsu to keep a low profile. Just imagine if he one shot them all, and then Obito tells him “cool bro, now solo the entire shinobi alliance right now” the point is it would damage his low profile.
After all
‘Only geniuses can play the fool’
‘Play the fool to catch the wise’
Black Zetsu > Minato
So many of you may not even know about this feat, and I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case because If that were not true I doubt the downplay which BZ receives would be so prevalent.
So the feats in question involve Minato trying to SPEED BLITZ Black Zetsu, and failing. Yes you, read that right, Minato tried to speed blitz BZ, and was too slow to do so.
So for context, Zetsu informs both Kakashi and Minato that he intended to "take back the left eye of Obito". This eye was the rinnegan, and would have became Madara's perfect duo. So Zetsu tells them both, I am taking the rinnegan, to give to Madara, which is obviously a massive problem, and the gravity of the issue is even explored in other chapters wherein they describe how powerful Madara would have been had he had a perfect set of eyes.
So in direct retaliation to Zetsu's statement both Minato and Kakashi attempt to speed blitz Black Zetsu, but as already confirmed they are not fast enough to do so. Yes you read that correct, the fastest Hokage Minato who was AMPED IN POWER AND SPEED BY KURAMA'S CHAKRA was too slow to tag Zetsu.
This becomes even more impressive once you realize that Minato was 3cm away from Black Zetsu's face, before Black Zetsu had even begun his movement.
They both moved first yet still could not touch Zetsu before he could integrate himself onto Obito's body.
Now the Kyuybi chakra cloak, also known as KCM(Kyūbi chakra mode) grants the user a constant bodyflicker state, as revealed by Naruto, when he attacked Kisame. It is because the transformation grants you a superior influx of chakra which constantly augments your speed, similar to how bodyflicker works. You see bodyflicker or Shunshin, is a D-rank technique wherein you become super fast due to chakra being dispersed through your body, similar to how KCM works.
So Minato was using bodyflicker here, and this is also conveyed through the illustration choices, as when bodyflicker is being used black lines are often drawn to convey this information.
So the reason why this feat is even more impressive is because Minato is the fastest Hokage, even IN HIS BASE. So what we have in these scans are Minato's speed being amped by numerous degrees, yet still unable to speed blitz Black Zetsu.
Now I have already anticipated the counterarguments, which may be brought up, as they are often regurgitated by people who don't like the idea of the narrative tat Black Zetsu >>>>.
What I just sent above, is a manga panel of Minato's Shunshin speed being superior to his counterparts - Hiruzen and Tobirama and Hashirama. So
Black Zetsu later performed a similar feat when he reacted and evaded a speed blitz attempt from Minato yet again. In this encounter Minato tried to speed blitz Zetsu with his rasengan, but Zetsu was too fast yet again.

Two speedfeats actually take place here the first being that he intercepted the kyubi chakra transfer, faster than Minato could do anything and the second being Minato being unable to speed blitz Zetsu.
I will tackle the first one i mentioned. So Let's first establish the distance which Black Zetsu had to travel
So he had to travel 118ft which is 36 m, in order to intercept the attack in the first place, and then he had to emerge from the ground and then ascend a considerable distance, directly underneath the nose of Minato - therefore in his range of sight, and meet the chakra which was being installed into Naruto, at a rate so quick that Minato could not fire off synapses in his brain to instruct his arm to retract and thus prevent Black Zetsu from coming into contact with it.
Now this feat is impressive for many reasons, the first being that Minato has perception speed and thought processing calculations which put him as high 50 times faster than light.
What these calculations define is the speed at which his brain can tell his body to do stuff, so the fact that Black Zetsu can move at such a quick rate that Minato is unable to do anything is a testament to the speed of Zetsu. If Zetsu had been moving slow enough then Minato would have simply moved his hand away and then punched him in the face.
We have all bounced a ping pong ball, or small hand held item which bounces before. And we are able to catch it when he bounces back up, because we have thought processing speed that fast in order to fire off synapses to make our hand/arms, catch it when it bounces back up. A similar thing is happening here, the only difference being that Zetsu was too fast for Minato for the example to be a perfect match.
The next feat is where Minato tries to hit him with the rasengan and fails. There is not much to this feat, otherthan Black Zetsu was way too fast lol.
Now obviously there are people suffering invincible ignorance, or something i like to say (cuz it is so funny lmao) 'argument from pigheadedness' lmao

"But Black Zetsu stated Minato and Kakashi >>>>> Black Zetsu"
So this is actually a very common refutation towards the stance that Black Zetsu > Kakashi or Minato, however what one must understand is the context in which the statement is being made under.

In the actual scan, Black Zetsu specifically provides the context for the statement, he mentions the reason why they would kill him, so If you can read then you'll understand that Black Zetsu did not state Minato or Kakashi would beat him in a fight, what he said was "The second I detach myself they myself from you those two will have my head". What he is establishing is that Minato and Kakashi would both defeat him the SECOND HE DISCONNECTS FROM OBITO'S BODY. The key word there is DISCONNECTS, because that is what provides the context. The statement is not in direct reference to his fighting ability, but rather that the second he separates from Obito, he would be in a disadvantageous position, which would allow both Kakashi and Minato to capitalize on the situation.
This makes perfect sense once you realize that Black Zetsu's entire goal was to acquire the rinnegan - forcefully remove it. Obito demands that BZ detach himself from Obito, and remove it, however Black Zetsu understands that this would put him in an unfavorable position, and leave him open to attack.
It is also worth noting that Black Zetsu had literally engaged in combat on 2 separate occasions with Minato and Kakashi once, which I aready established, and the two of them failed at defeated Zetsu. So it would be contradicted even if you think they are > BZ.

Black Zetsu perception speed = EMS Sasuke/SOSP Naruto/ SOSP Madara
So this is actually not a common arguement, and I think I am the first person to bring attention to it. What happens is Black Zetsu was able to process his thoughts at relative speeds to SOSP Naruto/Madara and EMS Sasuke, when they were all fighting, BZ states he was going to record the fight. This means his brain or whatever can move and react that fast as well as his perception.
So he is able to track the movements of the characters mentioned, without getting perception blitzed, as none could move FTE to BZ, which is actually a great feat.
This is impressive once you realise that when characters are moving too fast for eye sight or perception, it is conveyed through the illustrative chocies, in particluar the exclamation marks or question marks around their head. For example when Beginning of Shippuden Sasuke perception blitzed Sakura.
So the fact that BZ is not getting perception blitzed is an impressive feat in itself.
Black Zetsu speed blitzes SOSP Naruto and EMS Sasuke
So in the scan posted above, Black Zetsu manages to speed blitz both Sasuke and Naruto. And yes it was BZ, because he literally states “I’ll suck both your chakra while I’m at it” further proving that it was him who did the speed blitzing and him who initiated that attack. So BZ really did initiate the attack.
Black Zetsu >>>>> War Arc Kakashi/Sakura/EMS Sasuke/SOSP Naruto
So despite seeing all of these Shinobi fight, Black Zetsu was still convinced he could defeat them all.
This is impressive like I already said because Black Zetsu literally has all the information on their capabilities and power level, yet still is confident that he could beat them all, which speaks volumes about how highly he regards his own power and capabilities.
Black Zetsu > Madara
So I am well aware of the controversy behind this feat from Black Zetsu, and I know i am treading into deep waters, trying to debunk the stance that "Madara was offguard", but I will do anyways. I first like to introduce the fact that the Madara who Black Zetsu scales above does not correlate in power to the one who casted tsukuyomi. This is because the Madara who Black Zetsu impaled was 6 Tomoe Madara, and not 9 tomoe Madara.
Here is Madara activated the 9 tomoe Rinnesharingan.
Now below you'll see Madara after he had just expended a lot of his chakra, due to casting the infinite tsukuyomi. Here he is shown with 6 tomoe, rather than 9 tomoe before.
The tomoes on a sharingan dictate power level, and your powers increases multiplicatively, this was demonstrated when Sasuke became stronger after activating 3 tomoe. Sasuke states that "his body became the same as his Curse Mark 2 State ( Which is a 10x amp in chakra) when he uses 3 Tomoe Sharingan"
Having an increase in chakra increases your physicality and mental state, as that is how chakra works:
So chakra correlates to AP/Speed/Durability
Kyuubi Chakra Zero Mode Naruto, was bullying 2 Tomoe Sharingan, prior to Sasuke activating his 3 tomoe Sharingan, as shown in chapters 229
Then he enters his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and starts stomping Naruto in chapter 230

To add further credence to the idea that 6 Tomoe Sharingan Madara was not an editorial or illustration mistake in the fourth databook (Jin no Sho), in Madar's section, he is depicted and drawn having the 6 tomoe.
So it is not even like you can say, it was an art error, because it underwent numerous editorial processes, and was depicted as 6 tomoe even in the databooks.
So how strong is 6 Tomoe Madara
So first off, I hope my explanation of Madara's power level made yall feel better,
Well 6 Tomoe Madara is able to compete evenly with SO6P Naruto, and Rinnegan Sasuke, with his limbo clones, which are ≤ (to the real) Madara depending on which translation is used. So this is basically all the scaling Madara has. This is pretty good scaling for Madara however, as it scales over Sasuke's and Naruto's other forms, and this version of Madara should also scale over his other forms except 9 tomeo as well.
I will now establish the many levels of defence which Madara had, and I will list them below, so you can have a basis of understanding of the points I will cover.
Madara had:
Rinnegan Shared Vision
Hashirama Sage Mode
Six Paths Senjutsu
Bloodlust Sensing
Limbo Clones
Rinnegan Shared Vision

So let's first go other rinnegan vision. So I believe we are all aware that having access to the rinnegan grants you the ability of interlinked vision, which is supported with the Six Paths of Pain the Jinchuriki Reanimations which Obito revived.

This is significant because Madara literally had his limbo clones activated on the battlefield when and before Black Zetsu even attacked him.
Meaning all of their vision would have been interlinked, meaning Black Zetsu would have been in the range of vision of one of the Madara's if not all, and I actually did a little editing on paint, to explore the trajectory of their vision.

As you can see, each of the Madara's would have been able to see Black Zetsu in one way or another, especially considering just basic science or biology, which actually confirms that humans have 150 degrees of vision. So Zetsu would have certainly been within range of their vision.
Not to mention that each Madara Clone has access to ALL ABILITIES OF THE ORIGINAL.
So each Limbo Clone, literally has all the abilities of the original Madara. The rinnegan, the sharingan, the hashirma sensing abiltiies, the sage mode, the everything.
So the clones could have used the Light Fang, which Black Zetsu was perfectly in position for as the jutsu literally follows a straight path.

And it is not like the fang would have hit Madara, because as demonstrated through the red line i drawn, it would have directly pierced Black Zetsu, and not eben touch Madara.
Or Madara could have simply shot it at himself, and then substitute himself for something, even another of his clones like he did before.
As for the next one. Madara actually has the ability to sense Hashirama, as displayed when he was on the battelfield and was able to detect his presence, from miles away likely. Madara’s sensory abilities were so great that he could detect that Hashirama was on the battlefield even when they are likely miles away, this is significant as Zetsu is literally composed of Hashirama, to the point where they are stated to be clones of him.
So Black Zetsu's body was literally composed of hashirama cells at the time, as he had literally been attached onto Obito's body, WHICH IS FULL OF HASHIRAMA CELLS.
So Madara also had access to Nine Tails Chakra, meaning he also has access to the ability to detect malicious intent, just like Naruto can as well.

So Madara would have this benefit as well, in fact all 6 Madaras would.
Hashirama Sage Mode
So Madara also gained access to Hashirama's sage mode as well, which allowed him to detect attacks even when he was offguard. This was demonstrated against Sasuke and Narutom when they both tried to blindside him
In this state he was also able to detect kekkei genkai as well, and he was blind.

Here he reacts to naruto trying to sneak up on him.

Six Paths Senjutsu
Madara's sensory ability is comparable to Six Paths Sage Mode Naruto as revealed in the databook panel below, which states Naruto's sensory capabilities are ≥ to Madara, which means that the difference would not be to a significant enough degree, that Naruto is > Madara. So they should be relative in sensory abilities.
Bloodlust Sensing
So the ability to detect and sense bloodlust is an ability which all ninja should possess. Even rookie ninja, such as Sasuke in chapter 12 could sense.
As you just read Sasuke was able to detect Zabuza's bloodlust.
This ability is later explored with Kakashi, who managed to sense the bloodlust radiating off Gaara

In the akatsuki novels, Hidan also has this ability.
So Madara definitely should as well, especially considering he is eclipses each and every one of those ninjas i named.
Limbo Clones
So I already covered this.

Intelligence
So it is no secret that Black Zetsu is a super smart and an intellectual, however I still believe that his intellect is downplayed, or at least not take seriously to its fullest extent or degree. I first want to explore how intelligence or knowledge is depicted and portrayed within the lore of Naruto, and how highly Kishimoto values it in the Shinobi he writes. I think this way, we can further substantiate just how dangerous Zetsu would be.
So the first line of reasoning I am presenting for this assessment is Shikamaru. So Shikamaru is one of the most intelligent characters in all of Naruto, and it is because of this specifically that he can contend with characters who have greater stats than him, I mean just look at how poor his stats are.
This is databook 1 stats btw.
Or here, if you prefer this format
So as revealed Shikamaru's stats are extremely low in speed, or strength or stamina, all things which you would think are extremely necessary for battle.
Compare Shikamaru's stats to Temari's, who he fought and defeated/
As you can see, her stats are superior in almost every category EXCEPT INTELLIGENCE. So this tells us that intelligence is the most important aspect overall. Having suc intellect grants you the benefit of outsmarting your opponent and coming out on top.
This theme is further illustrated in his fight against Hidan, wherein it is revealed through the canon game, that Hidan > Shikamaru, however Shikamaru had one thing which Hidan lacked - Intellect.
So I focus so much on this intellect point because Zetsu is literally the most intelligent character in ALL of Naruto, and yes I mena ALL, more intelligent than Shikakmaru, Hiruzen Sarutobi, Orochimaru, Tsunade, Kakashi Hatake, Itachi Uchiha, Chiyo, Sasori, and Kabuto Yakushi.
Shinobi History was literally revealed to be a chess board for Black Zetsu. All of Naruto, all the manga chapters all the anime epsidoes you watched was all instruments for the liberation Black Zetsu's plan. Zetsu was the true author of the show lol, not Kishimoto. Damn Zetsu be so smart he even fooled you.

Everybody were LITERALLY CHESS PIECES which Black Zetsu was moving into position and playing with. Inlcuding Itachi for you people out there, and this is literally confirmed in the databooks.
In the following scan, it is revealed that the fight between Itachi and Sasuke were both indispensable for his plan.

彼の計画に欠かせぬキャストであるサスケとイタチの死闘を密かに記録する。

Secretly records the death battle between Sasuke and Itachi, the cast that is indispensable for his plan.

So both Itachi and Sasuke were simply pawns for Black Zetsu, and they both did not even know.

In the following scan it is revealed that he records every battle, and sound available to him

So you remember how Pain implied his inferiority to Jiraiya had he know and had KNOWLEDGE OR INTELLIGENCE of his jutsu. Well Black Zetsu is that. He has watched all of Pain's fights, knows each and every one of his jutsu, the limitations and weaknesses of them as well. Which would be advantageous for him, as he would know the time limit of his chibaku tensei. How there is a 5 second interval in between.
He would know that Itachi's tsukuyomi and amaterasu is a short ranged jutsu.

Close Range = 0-5m = 0-16.4ft. Black Zetsu KNOWS ALL OF THIS. I can go on and on, abut everything Zetsu would know, after all he has existed since before Hashirama. He has experienced and collected information from long before ninjas like Minato or Itachi has existed. Pain's or Itachi's jutsu would not catch BZ offguard at all, as he knows about them all in depth.
He knows not to be in range of tsukuyomi, or that the Paths of Pain's vision are interlinked, or that amaterasu works close range, he knows how each ninja fights, and their styles.
Black Zetsu is also smarter than Madara as well, as he was able to deceive him with intellect alone, when he fooled him into believing that Madara had inserted his own will into the Zetsu, when in actuality that didn't happen, Black Zetsu simply made it look that way.
Black Zetsu should also be smarter than Kabuto as well, due to literally manipulating his entire actions - Kabuto was literally his puppet. The reason Kabuto was able to discover Madara's corpse was due to Black Zetsu allowing him to, and guiding him. He was also the reason why Kabuto cooperated with Obito in the first place.
This is particularly impressive because, Kabuto has a perfect 5 in the intelligence in the databook stats.
And this was prior to absorbing Orochimaru, meaning the Kabuto which Black Zetsu tricked was a superior version of the Kabuto who already has intelligence surpassing most of the cast.
So what this truly means is that Black Zetsu has knowledge towering other every single akatsuki member, meaning he should not only be able to outsmart them all, but also have instant intel on them all and therefore know how to act accordingly.
Black Zetsu should also be smarter than Hagaromo as well, due to his entire plot and plan, literally being unbeknownst by Hagaromo himself.
Attack Potency
So Black Zetsu's AP far exceeds any member of the akatsuki, this is particularly important as it works in conjunction with his speed. His strikes are so potent that he was capable of one shotting Madara and even impaling Obito..
The common counters are, but he was offguard, and i have come across this in debates myself, but the issue is that the stance presupposes that the opposition would be onguard to even prepare them selves to withstand an attack in the first place. Which wouldn't be a factor if Black Zetsu is faster. As if he is faster then you would be off guard anyways, by definition of a speed blitzed.

So Black Zetsu is faster than any akatsuki member anyways, so the argument that, BZ AP feats don't scale is invalid, as the akatsuki members would all be offguard anyways.
Black Zetsu >>>>>>>>>> Madara
Black Zetsu >>>>>> Obito
Plus chakra does not work like that anyways, being on guard or offguard does not influence the outcome of your durability in naruto. It is not like dragon ball.
Hax
Sporulation Jutsu

The Spore Technique, is a very effective and useful jutsu, and seriously underrated. It not only allows Zetsu to absorb chakra(And I'll explain why this is more impressive than widely understood later) but also provide others with that chakra. The jutsu also allows Zetsu to inhibit the mobility of those caught in it as well, this jutsu is also unable to be detected as well, as Karin was unable to detect it's adhesion and the jutsu in process, and she as already confirmed has sensory abilities which surpass any dojutsu.
The reason why this jutsu is impressive and gives him an advantage against other akatsuki members, is because many of the jutsu which the akatsuki use require chakra manipulation, including kamui.
So when Obito tries to escape with Kamui, the chakra would literally just be absorbed into the sporulation technique, and even if he escapes Zetsu now has the chakra from Obito to use for his Substitute technique and other stuff.
The spore technique literally went unnoticed by the entire Gokage.
This jutsu could literally render most of Konan's jutsu dysfunctional or invalid, because chakra is prevalent throughout all her papers.
Hidan would be destroyed with this jutsu similar to how Mifune, and Chojuro were impotent with it in play.
Sasori would likely be able to escape, since he has an entire army at his disposal, however most of his strings would be dealt with as they are made from chakra.
Kisame, Obito, Pain, Itachi, Deidara, Kakuzu and Orochimaru I believe would be able to escape, however that isn't exactly a benefit for them, considering most of their chakra would still have been depleted or at least added into Zetsu's arsenal to use for his substitute technique.

Mayfly Technique
So the Mayfly Technique is extremely underrated, the technique is one of the broken and effective jutsu, it allows Black Zetsu to travel underneath the ground completely undetected.
Completely undetectable. And i repeat "While the jutsu is in effect, his presence is COMPLETELY UNDETECTABLE and NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS ABLE TO DETECT ZETSU’S PRESENCE”. So this is a huge feat and great for scaling because this information was clarified in the third databook, which covers the chapters 245 to 402 - Volume 28-43, including characters such as Karin, who has “sensory powers which surpass ocular jutsu” which obviously would be referring to any character with dojutsu, such as Pain, Itachi, Shisui, Madara, Neji, Byakyugan users, but that should be obvious due to the mayfly databook statement explicitly stating NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS, and I do not think I need to define what NO ONE means. He could use this ability to relocate to another location, or even to sneak up behind characters, and one shot him like he did Madara. Lmao
Scan below - Karin sensory capabilties >>>>>>>>>>> any dojutsu WHICH INCLUDES PAIN, ITACHI, MADARA, OBITO, SAGE OF SIX PATHS, Hashirama, Tobirama.
Substitute Technique
This technique enables Zetsu to transform into any shinobi who's chakra he has access to. So remember the sporulation jutsu, this would give Zetsu the chakra from his opponent and allow him to transform into another version of them, like what he did with Kisame. Yes this technique creates a weaker version, however the extent of this, is not properly explored, especially considering the copy of Kisame which Zetsu created was literally destroying Killer Bee. So let's not pretend like the clone is significantly weaker.
The copies of shinobi, which Zetsu can create are also able to use the kekkei genkai of the original as well, as demonstrated in the anime episode where he used the kekkei genkai of the hyuga clan when he had hinata's chakra in episode 249.

Parasite Clone
Zetsu can also create clones, which he can remotely control.

This is particularly useful and effective for Zetsu because Zetsu could combine this technique with his intelligence.
Chakra Absorption
Zetsu can absorb 4 tails worth of chakra from Kurama
This is impressive because just a one tail worth of chakra from Kurama is a ten times chakra increase for Naruto, since he matched CM2 Sasuke, which amps his chakra volume by 10 times as well.
Base Naruto was already stated by Kakashi to have 4 times as much chakra as him. And if he acquired Kurama's full amount he would have 100 times.
So Black Zetsu should be able to basically one shot most members of the akatsuki via absorbing their chakra.
And being able to absorb the chakra from the Nine Tails without suffering poisoning is also a great feat as well, as Kurama's chakra is venomous.
Which would also make Zetsu resistant to poison from Sasori as well.
Chakra Natures
Black Zetsu has a mastery in all 5 chakra natures
Wood Style
Undetectable
Sensory
Abilities
Zetsu can put up a zone, which when you enter he will be able to detect your presence
He managed to sense the chakra of Kurama and Gyūki the moment they left the zone
Possession
So Black Zetsu's possession is extremely potent, and would seriously no diff most or if not all characters in the verse of Naruto. There are very few who could endure it and break free, however all the akatsuki members would literally get beaten by it.
His possession allows him to take control of their body and consciousness, allowing him to even access and use their kekkei genkai, as showcased when
The terrifying ability of Black Zetsu to attach to others and manipulate the body and consciousness at will.
In the scan below you see Black Zetsu using Obito's kamui
What this means is that Black Zetsu's possession potency should far exceed the Ten Tails, because Obito was capable of resisting the Ten Tails.
Which would also mean that Kisame should not be able to resist the possession, because he doesn't scale as high as the Ten Tails, as he states he wouldn't be able to withstand all of the 8 Tails Chakra, which i interpreted it as "damn I am impressed, even I couldn't tolerate such massive chakra".
There are a few misconceptions regarding the possession of Black Zetsu Possession ability, with some people thinking Obito was able to resist it, and by logic of this Nagato or Kisame should to, due to possessing more chakra, however this is not only contradicted by Zetsu's feat of successfully possessing Obito before, but it is also contradicted by the fact that Zetsu managed to possess Rinnegan Sasuke, and Rinnegan Sasuke should scale higher than Obito, so the fact that Zetsu can completely possess Sasuke should be proof Zetsu's Possession >>> Obito as well.
Obito was unable to maintain control of the power and influence of a single rinnegan eye.
But Sasuke could endure the rinnegan and 3 tomoe in conjunction. The tomoe on a sharingan, significantly increase the chakra volume or potency.
A common counter is but Obito resisted the possession. But that was contextual. The reason Obito is able to resist Black Zetsu's body was due to Obito being amped by Madara's lifeforce. You see when Madara revived himself with Rinne Rebirth, he switched his own lifeforce with Obito to revive himself from the edo tensei restrictions.

So it was really Madara's power which resisted Black Zetsu, and not Obito.
Immortality
Due to Zetsu being Kaguya’s will his existence is directly tied to the existence of Kaguya, since he is her will he will always be alive as long as Kaguya is.

Intangibility
Black Zetsu can turn intangible

So most of Zetsu could use this to negate the jutsu which the akatsuki members use, such as Sasori's puppets, Hidan's offense, CQC, etc.
White Zetsu
So I am not going to waste your time and pretend like White Zetsu are super powerful ninja who could stomp people, because that is simply not true, however in this section I will be bringing attention to some feats which go unnoticed and desere more respect.
So to start things off, a white zetsu was able to sneak up behind Neji, unnoticed and undetected, and attack him, this is impressive because Neji has the byakugan which allows you incredible sensing capabilities. Yet even with all of this in mind, he was somehow able to sneak up behind him, without Neji having known before, and Neji's byakugan was activated, and gives you a 559 degree vision.

These White Zetsu are also undetectable as well, even to the sensory ninja in the war, which included Naruto, Kakashi, Kiba, Hyuga clan, and much more
Even Karin didn't know that they was all inside Sasuke's body, it literally took Orochimaru who has studied Hashirama for years to know that they were inside Sasuke's body
The Original White Zetsu
So the original white zetsu is actually the most powerful of the white zetsu, ad as his name implies the original. He is the Zetsu who invaded the gokage summit and trolled them all so hard. He is fairly easy to identify because he has the venus fly trap thing on him.
He is actually suprisingly fast, being able to speed blitz MS Sasuke
And you can't even suggest MS Sasuke was fatigued, because he had his Mangekyou Sharingan activated, meaning he was still super strong and capable.
of moving at top tier speeds.
And we know that when Sasuke over exerts himself he reverts back to his base form, and loses his Mangekyou Sharingan.

The OWZ, is also extremely durable as well as he is capable of withstanding Kisame's chakra. Now we know that durability correlates to chakra volume, because shinobi require a durable enough body to withstand the potency of chakra inside it.
We know this from many examples, such as Orochimaru who was literally searching for a host body which could tolerate the chakra. Because some bodies could not tolerate the power of the chakra he wanted to perform.
In the databook it is also stated that "Only Might Guy can WITHSTAND opening the 6 gates" - this confirms that durability correlates to chakra reserves, because in order for your body to be able to tolerate such higher chakra reserves your body has to be durable enough.
Here Haku states he can not tolerate the chakra of the nine tails
Here it is stated that Madara Uchiha can not withstand the amount of chakra being inserted into his body
This is all, great because Black Zetsu is able to literally spam a bunch of these zetsu, and summon them fourth to fight on his behalf.
It is also confirmed by Karin that White Zetsu has an "very powerful" chakra.
Kabuto seems to think that White Zetsu = Yamato in value as well, so White Zetsu should compare relatively to Yamato, as he wanted to acquire Yamato for his experiments, but confimed that White Zetsu would be an adequate replacement for Yamato, if they could not acquire him. This should scale White Zetsu relatively to Yamato, as had he not then him being an adequate substititute for Yamato would nt make sense, and he would not fulfill a similar effect as Yamato, who they wanted due to his proficiency in wood style.
The White Zetsu are also durable enough to withstand the effects of Mei's Boil Release.

Which is something, not even Sasukes susanoo could accomplish.

Nor could The Fourth Raikage.

Attack Potency
Black Zetsu >>>>>> Madara
Black Zetsu >>>> Obito. As you can see below, Black Zetsu was capable of impaling Obito, which means his AP is super strong and impressive.

So with all of this in mind, I think it is blatantly clear that Black Zetsu >>>>>> Akatsuki, especially in speed, i did go in depth on stuff which probably won't even be relevant in the battles, as I believe BZ would simply speed blitz and possess them, basically BFR them, as they are unable to fight.

Equalized Stats
So this section is dedicated to Black Zetsu's hax, and why I still believe he is the strongest even if we were to equalize stats.
Even if we were to take away Black Zetsu’s speed as an exclusive condition, Black Zetsu still hax to win anyways. He has the ability to spam white zetsu clones, and there is no given limit to this ability, and it should be near unlimited due to white zetsu clones literally existing all underneath the ground.
And In contrast to popular belief, these white zetsu are no joke, due to being completely undetectable even to sensory shinobi, including karin, KCM Naruto, Sage Mode Naruto, Ao, Hyuga clan and much more.
Even Karin was unable to detect their presence, or jutsu in process and she is stated to have sensory ability which exceeds any and all dojutsu, so sharingan, rinnegan and byakugan included.
So not only will Obito not be able to sense them but he would be inundated with the overwhelming numbers of them.
Black Zetsu could also simply use Mayfly Technique which allows him near instant travel underground, with the benefit of being completely undetectable. And i repeat While the jutsu is in effect, his presence is COMPLETELY UNDETECTABLE and NO ONE NO MATTER WHO IT IS ABLE TO DETECT ZETSU’S PRESENCE”. So this is a huge feat and great for scaling because this information was clarified in the third databook covers the chapters 245 to 402 - Volume 28-43. So Pain, Itachi, and Obito would be included.
He could also use this ability to relocate to another location, or even to sneak up behind Obito, and one shot him like he did Madara.
But Kamui?
Obviously Black Zetsu does not have jutsu such as Konan’s paper person of god technique, but what he does have is sporulation jutsu, which is seriously underrated and against a single opponent in Obito the jutsu would become all the more effective, because the jutsu is more concentrated and targeted, as compared to his application of the jutsu against the Gokage, in which he had to distribute its potency and power across 8 separate shinobi, meaning it was likely 8 times weaker too. Since the chakra absorbed from the Gokage from white zetsu was enough to revitalize all of Saskue’s lost chakra. Which is a lot, because the jutsu which Sasuke’s use requires great portions of chakra, for example his amaterasu. But Kamui? You may suggest, and Yes I Obito would attempt to use Kamui to counter this like he did to counter amaterasu, however the problem is that the sporulation jutsu absorbs chakra, and chakra is required to use kamui. In fact the potency of kamui is proportional to the amount of chakra inserted for it.
Moreover it is also worth noting that the sporulation jutsu does not require direct contact by the zetsu, as the jutsu works by releasing small parasites, which unknowingly attach themselves on the opponent. So if the Gokage and Karin could not detect its adhesion, I highly doubt Hidan would do the same.

Black Zetsu could also simply summon an army of White Zetsu to just constantly attack Obito for 5-10 minutes, the duration doesn’t matter obviously as long as it is outside Obito’s maximum kamui duration range. Now all of these white zetsu are able to be remotely controlled by the original who is literally attached to Black Zetsu, the brains of the operation itself.

So these clones, are remotely controlled by Black Zetsu the smartest character in Naruto.
And white zetsu clones which the original creates are literally all hidden underground.
So Zetsu basically has a nigh-unlimited amount of zetsu he can summon forth to battle obito, plus all of these zetsu should be gifted with mokuten or wood release, the same technique which zetsu used against a charging KCM Naruto, to tie him up and catch him off guard. To add further problems to the situation this wood style jutsu which Black Zetsu can wield and manipulate, should be undetectable as well because it follows the same mechanisms as the mayfly technique, for example merging with the ground etc. These white zetsu, although not much of a trouble to Obito at face value, they should be quite troublesome with Black Zetsu’s mastermind intelligence, and knowledge of Obito’s abilities, weaknesses and limitations. Moreover all they need to do, is get within range, (0-5m) in order to activate spore technique and therefore acquire Obito's chakra, and create a copy of him with his abiltiies.

Zetsu is actually immune to genjutsu, by virtue of being immune to Infinite tsukuyomi, and the tsukuyomi is much much much more potent than any genjutsu.
Moreover Black Zetsu would also know when Itachi is initiating the genjutsu as demonstrated in his narrating of the Itachi vs Sasuke fight, wherein it was revealed he had knowledge of genjutsu and could sense the chakra of Sasuke which is how he knew he had broken out of it.

By summoning an army of White Zetsu clones they are also immune to genjutsu as well, and while Itachi would easily dispatch of them .
Itachi’s amaterasu gets negated by Black Zetsu’s chakra absorbing capabilities. Plus Black Zetsu could simply aim dodge, by virtue of knowing the visual signifiers of the activation and the fact that he can sense chakra, like Juubito and Nagato did.
In fact Itachi using amaterasu would work in Zetsu’s favour since that would allow him to absorb the chakra and therefore transform into an Itachi clone, and use the powers against Itachi.
And Zetsu’s substitution technique allows him to copy kekkei genkai as showcased in the anime when he used Hyuga Clan techniques when he copied Hinata’s technique. Yes the doppelgangers are weaker, however they are still strong enough to stomp Killer Bee, and even dodge his attacks.
Tsukuyomi works via eye contact, which Black Zetsu knows about, and therefore would not make eye contact and just employ countermeasures, such as summoning or spamming white zetsu clones, which do not necessarily have to engage in combat with Itachi, but could instead hide underneath the ground, in case some miracle occurs, he gets put under genjutsu. He could just use the clones to disrupt his chakra, or even switch out.
It is also worth noting that Tsukuyomi is a short range jutsu, meaning it only works within 16ft or 0-5 metres, or at least that is its most effective range, Black Zetsu would know this and use it to his advantage.
Itachi’s firestyle should be nullified through water style, however he could simply absorb this as well. Black Zetsu also has some level of heat resistance, since he was able to withstand the potency of the volcanic environment which kaguya teleported Sasuke and Naruto to.
Itachi also has jutsu such as the susanoo, which would be effective in a lot of cases, however Zetsu could simply use mayfly to attack Itachi from underneath, similar to how Gaara used his sand to attack Madara’s feet too.

Zetsu could simply do what Gaara did, when he pulled Madara out of the susanoo,

Zetsu would use wood style and simply pull Itachi out of the susanoo, just like he managed to catch KCM1 Naruto off guard with his woodstyle, the same would happen to Itachi.
But Kamui speed blitzed Obito. The problem here is, Black Zetsu already knows the speed of amaterasu, and knows the visual cues and signifiers when Itachi is activating it or initiating it, even Nagato sensed it happening before Itachi even fired the amaterasu, well Black Zetsu is also a sensory type ninja being able to sense both Naruto and Killer Bee’s chakra from quite a distance away. Moreover amaterasu is also a short range ability, meaning it only works at 16 feet or 0-5 metres, so it is not like assuming standard battle assumptions apply that Itachi would even be able land attacks on Zetsu anyways, not to mention that Zetsu can absorb chakra, such as amaterasu anyways, or even turn intangible.
Water bullet countered by intangibility.
Black Zetsu would either one shot Itachi like he did Madara or he would simply possess his body, literally removing any chances for Itachi to counter, since this ability of Zetsu takes control of your consciousness. Consciousness is simply “the state of being able to use your senses and mental powers to understand what is happening”

The terrifying ability of Black Zetsu to attach to others and manipulate the body and consciousness at will
Impressive work you've put in.

Keep in mind that in showcasing different abilities, the authors had a story to tell as their main priority. This led to some abilities not having full exposure while others had very favourable circumstances.

Otherwise, there isn't much I disagree with.

Hafiz Dembos

Regular
Kin
20💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Impressive work you've put in.

Keep in mind that in showcasing different abilities, the authors had a story to tell as their main priority. This led to some abilities not having full exposure while others had very favourable circumstances.

Otherwise, there isn't much I disagree with.
I agree with the part about not fleshing out techniques or dumbing them down to fit within the context of the story.

OP: I applaud the great effort, man. Even though I did not read your arguments for Zetsu being the strongest of Akatsuki, I have not seen anything that will suggest that he is.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I agree with the part about not fleshing out techniques or dumbing them down to fit within the context of the story.

OP: I applaud the great effort, man. Even though I did not read your arguments for Zetsu being the strongest of Akatsuki, I have not seen anything that will suggest that he is.
Regarding your reply to OP . . .

That is fitting. The main arguement is basically that we should look at Zetsu from a different perspective in order to understand their power. Considering them as deliberate actors and partakers in proceedings, instead of mere mouthpieces of opinion with basic utilities.