Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Why are people so upset at football players taking a knee during the national anthem? It's not as if they're turning their backs or throwing up their middle fingers. They are peacefully taking a knee. People are legit boycotting watching NFL games because of this. They are claiming it dishonors all the men and women who have served this country, yet not 2 months ago these same people dishonored the transgender service members. These are the same people that dishonored openly gay service members.

To me, all of the people who are boycotting the games because of the people kneeling need to be reminded of what that flag stands for and what we pledge to our flag:

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

Indivisible with liberty and justice for all... That's what the protest is about. The fact that liberty and justice is currently not for all in this country. It's appalling that people could just turn their backs on the protests simply because, "They shouldn't be doing it during the national anthem". When everyone is watching and paying attention. In front of thousands in the stadium and millions at home. It's really sad.

Reactions: Princess Kaguya

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's literally peaceful protest, something everyone has a right to. It's even backed by USA's ridiculous constitution. But even that is apparently not okay to Trump's America unless of course it's the white supremacist base hitting people with cars, which is obviously better than kneeling during a game.

Reactions: Princess Kaguya

Princess Kaguya

Supreme
Kin
1,066💸
Kumi
5,984💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't know either why this has been on the news for so long now. They are free to choose if they want to kneel or not, that's something the people that served the contry fought for. It's hypocritical to want to force them to do something they don't want.

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This guy summed it up pretty well.

[video=youtube;jFhborYfWsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhborYfWsY[/video]

Watch the vid, is only about 6 min.

Last edited:

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This guy summed it up pretty well.

[video=youtube;jFhborYfWsY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFhborYfWsY[/video]
The flag and the national anthem have everything to do with the protest. Other than it being the most opportune time to garner the most attention, they are using what the flag stands for as 'proof' for the reason of protest.

If I feel like a group of people don't have liberty in the USA, why would I not point to the documents and symbols that guarantee those basic rights as an American?

"I pledge allegiance to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

THAT
is our pledge to the Flag. Children say that EVERYDAY in school. However, it's not true for every citizen here.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

What part of the Declaration of Independence don't you understand? So again I ask. Why would you NOT protest in front of millions of people those things that should guarantee our rights as Americans?

@01:40 ; he does not understand the protest. He is very ill-informed.

Last edited:
Reactions: NineSNS

Brady

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The flag and the national anthem have everything to do with the protest. Other than it being the most opportune time to garner the most attention, they are using what the flag stands for as 'proof' for the reason of protest.

If I feel like a group of people don't have liberty in the USA, why would I not point to the documents and symbols that guarantee those basic rights as an American?

[FONT=&]"I pledge allegiance to the Flag, of the United States of America, and to the republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, [/FONT]indivisible, with liberty and justice for all."

THAT
is our pledge to the Flag. Children say that EVERYDAY in school. However, it's not true for every citizen here.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

What part of the Declaration of Independence don't you understand? So again I ask. Why would you NOT protest in front of millions of people those things that should guarantee our rights as Americans?

@01:40 ; he does not understand the protest. He is very ill-informed.
The flag has nothing to do with it and protesting the pledging of the flag has changed literally nothing.

Kneeling during the pledge isn't calling out issues, it isn't sorting anything, it's basically saying I'm angry at the entire country because a few cops here and there got off on a case I think they shouldn't have got off on. It has nothing to do with the entire country at large, and we both know that to be true.

Clown World

Bonbibonkers' bf
Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
USA is culturally degrading anyway, nobody cares about transgender service people and plus sports people and famous people should stick to what they are good at, not projecting their uninformed political bias.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The flag has nothing to do with it and protesting the pledging of the flag has changed literally nothing.

Kneeling during the pledge isn't calling out issues, it isn't sorting anything, it's basically saying I'm angry at the entire country because a few cops here and there got off on a case I think they shouldn't have got off on. It has nothing to do with the entire country at large, and we both know that to be true.
No, that's you saying that.That's what you think.Let's just make this clear.

The flag...is just a representation...you don't have to kiss it's ass, nor do you need to disrespect it. How bout not caring.Now, them "kneeling" during the pledge was like a ego-tick at the extremely self-righteous patriotic americans. It's a free country, no one has to worship or pledge to some peice of cloth.It's a CHOICE.Stop instilling importance in a flag...it's crazy!

It's no one's obligation to pledge to a flag, or show some special respect.... it's all idealism.It's materialism.THATS the problem with a majority of america...they're so self-righteous when it comes to the flag and american culture, they think everyone's obligated to pledge. My god, no one has to care.

Using a "flag" as an excuse to control people...it's completely manipulative.And the fact that it's BLACK MEN kneeling during the pledge, further irritates those american patriots.

Last edited:

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
No, that's you saying that.That's what you think.Let's just make this clear.

The flag...is just a representation...you don't have to kiss it's ass, nor do you need to disrespect it. How bout not caring.Now, them "kneeling" during the pledge was like a ego-tick at the extremely self-righteous patriotic americans. It's a free country, no one has to worship or pledge to some peice of cloth.It's a CHOICE.Stop instilling importance in a flag...it's crazy!

It's no one's obligation to pledge to a flag, or show some special respect.... it's all idealism.It's materialism.THATS the problem with a majority of america...they're so self-righteous when it comes to the flag and american culture, they think everyone's obligated to pledge. My god, no one has to care.

Using a "flag" as an excuse to control people...it's completely manipulative.And the fact that it's BLACK MEN kneeling during the pledge, further irritates those american patriots.
I don't agree with everything you said because I hold the flag in extremely high regard due to what it means to me. However, people are completely disregarding the reason of protesting simply because they are kneeling and not standing. That's just stupid.

You are ill-informed my brother.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't agree with everything you said because I hold the flag in extremely high regard due to what it means to me. However, people are completely disregarding the reason of protesting simply because they are kneeling and not standing. That's just stupid.

You are ill-informed my brother.
Lmao, you ain't got to!

You're among those righteous, goodie two shoes ,patriotic americans that I was speaking about.

In reality, it doesn't represent anything, it's really just a delusion.Think for yourself.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Lmao, you ain't got to!

You're among those righteous, goodie two shoes ,patriotic americans that I was speaking about.

In reality, it doesn't represent anything, it's really just a delusion.Think for yourself.
Everything in this world has meaning. It is what it is. If that's what you think I'm not going to change your mind. That flag is something I love and the star spangled banner chokes me up every time I hear it. Just because it represents the commitment and sacrifices of those before me and after me.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Everything in this world has meaning. It is what it is. If that's what you think I'm not going to change your mind. That flag is something I love and the star spangled banner chokes me up every time I hear it. Just because it represents the commitment and sacrifices of those before me and after me.
Hahahaha! It chokes you up, huh?! Such a goodie two shoes.

"represents the commitment and sacrifices of those before me and after me"...Oh my god! Someone give me a bucket!That regurgitated INSERTION of every patriotic american...