OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At first I thought Jack could be the MV of Zou so he would fight Luffy, but then Jack pulled out those sickle like swords and it made me think of Killer.

Could Jack be a battle for killer or will Zoro do it? Or will he fight Luffy?

Jack seems to be equal to the Dukes so perhaps Luffy will fight one of the dukes so they can learn to work together again. Thus saving Jack for another time so Zoro or someone else to beat him. Maybe Sanji?

Who do you think will fight Jack?

Uzumaki Macho

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jack is stronger than the Dukes since the both of them together couldn't beat him. If Zou is going to have an antagonist during this arc, the only current option is Weeble showing up to meet Luffy.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jack is stronger than the Dukes since the both of them together couldn't beat him. If Zou is going to have an antagonist during this arc, the only current option is Weeble showing up to meet Luffy.
But they fought Jack for 12 hours each, the Duke said Jack was equally unsuccessful in defeating either one of them. That kinda implies they are equal. Knowing oda though, Jack was probably hiding his hybrid form from the both of them, but then will use it against Luffy, if he is indeed the villain of Zou.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
At first I thought Jack could be the MV of Zou so he would fight Luffy, but then Jack pulled out those sickle like swords and it made me think of Killer.

Could Jack be a battle for killer or will Zoro do it? Or will he fight Luffy?

Jack seems to be equal to the Dukes so perhaps Luffy will fight one of the dukes so they can learn to work together again. Thus saving Jack for another time so Zoro or someone else to beat him. Maybe Sanji?

Who do you think will fight Jack?
I liked Jack's sword when it looked like one bendy blade with two handles. It makes no sense but it looked more interesting.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Technically it wasn't really together since they were taking turns though with Jack's hype I doubt it would have made any difference had they fought at the same time.

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But they fought Jack for 12 hours each, the Duke said Jack was equally unsuccessful in defeating either one of them. That kinda implies they are equal. Knowing oda though, Jack was probably hiding his hybrid form from the both of them, but then will use it against Luffy, if he is indeed the villain of Zou.

Can Luffy fight Sanji for a significant amount of time and still be able to fight Zoro without getting owned? I seriously doubt it. Sure, not getting defeated within 12 hours is a feat in itself but they clearly are weaker than Jack. It's because of that very reason they were unable to defeat him despite being at complete advantage.

OG sama

Veteran
Kin
347💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Can Luffy fight Sanji for a significant amount of time and still be able to fight Zoro without getting owned? I seriously doubt it. Sure, not getting defeated within 12 hours is a feat in itself but they clearly are weaker than Jack. It's because of that very reason they were unable to defeat him despite being at complete advantage.
I see what you mean but the only advantage they had was just that they could tag in and out. They both still managed to avoid any life threatening injuries from Jack for 5 days. Before CCs weapon got involved.

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They didn't fight him together the only reason the other duke left is cuz of thier system .. Nothing more nothing less.

And yes jack is so far in terms of fighting capability equal to 1 duke... However due to him having that weapon puts him above them but not because of fighting prowess

Dęvîa Puęrî

Elite
Kin
515💸
Kumi
7💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see what you mean but the only advantage they had was just that they could tag in and out. They both still managed to avoid any life threatening injuries from Jack for 5 days. Before CCs weapon got involved.
This neither jack nor the Dukes have had injuries prior to the gas weapon meaning that they r equal in terms of physical prowess although one can infeiior by feats Jack has more stamina than the 2 but then again they didn't switch out cuz they had to they did it because they don't like each other and that's what they usually do during full day.. So it's unclear who exactly has more stamina tho for now by feats Jack has more stamina however in terms of pure physical capabilities Jack=1 duke= other duke

With gas machine Jack >both dukes..

Bogard

Supreme
Kin
8💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1- Jack is stronger than the Minks. They have to switch while coming back at full power every 12hours to contend with him, so they had like 60hours break each the time Jack was continuously fighting them one after the other. It's also explicitely stated the minks dominated the overall battle(with Jack's subordinates) except Jack suggesting that even in group, Jack could hold them and only used the weapon due to impatience. We even see that despite fighting for 5days, he didn't even receive a single scratch when Dogupine was worn out just after few hours of battle

2- Currently none of the strawhats can individually defeat Jack at this point judging by how things go. The way i see it, even for Luffy, he needs 2-3 more arcs before facing him

3- If Jack ends up as an arc villain, Luffy fight him otherwise Zoro because everytime Jack is mentioned, Oda seems to focus on Zoro

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1- Jack is stronger than the Minks. They have to switch while coming back at full power every 12hours to contend with him, so they had like 60hours break each the time Jack was continuously fighting them one after the other. It's also explicitely stated the minks dominated the overall battle(with Jack's subordinates) except Jack suggesting that even in group, Jack could hold them and only used the weapon due to impatience. We even see that despite fighting for 5days, he didn't even receive a single scratch when Dogupine was worn out just after few hours of battle

2- Currently none of the strawhats can individually defeat Jack at this point judging by how things go. The way i see it, even for Luffy, he needs 2-3 more arcs before facing him

3- If Jack ends up as an arc villain, Luffy fight him otherwise Zoro because everytime Jack is mentioned, Oda seems to focus on Zoro
It was never implied or hinted that they were switching because they were tired, they switched because that was the rule of their land. Jack holding his own for so long against the shifts is impressive but it doesn't equate to him being able to beat both of them at the same time if they worked together. In fact the implication is that together they are quite the force with 1 being able to stalemate Jack on his own and the last page saying they're important to the world.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They are not equals. Because the Duke and Cat kept getting rest in between each shift, while Jack didn't at all.

Here you can see the Duke is very tired after fighting Jack for hours.
You must be registered for see images

While Jack does not look tired one bit. All this means are the Dukes are strong enough for Jack not to be able to beat them in that given time. Meaning they are close to Jack's strength, but if he fought them 1v1 without any breaks for the two eventually they would perish.

A v i

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That makes a huge difference. Just imagine Luffy fighting Zoro and Sanji who are clearly weaker than him in shifts. He's not getting past second round. When Jack, on the other hand, didn't even seemed to get tired even after ten rounds which is a clear sign of superiority. They're not necessarily far from Jack but they're nowhere near being his equals. The chances of Jack conserving his strength are high given the fact that he lasted whole five days without taking rest.

It was never implied or hinted that they were switching because they were tired, they switched because that was the rule of their land. Jack holding his own for so long against the shifts is impressive but it doesn't equate to him being able to beat both of them at the same time if they worked together. In fact the implication is that together they are quite the force with 1 being able to stalemate Jack on his own and the last page saying they're important to the world.

Ina was clearly tired after their first battle which lasted less than 12 hours. Refer to post no.17.

Last edited:

giostep

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1. Jack not beating the Dukes does not mean he is weaker or stronger than either of them individually.
2. The Dukes switching does not necessarily imply that they needed to break.
3. Logically speaking if 1 Duke stalemate Jack, then 2 should be able to take the upperhand. Some people might say that he wasnt going 100%, but Jacks attitude is not the type to not go 100%, especially when on assignment.
4. I dont think Luffy will fight Jack, he might clash with him once or twice, or have to evade him, similar to Zoro and Pika fight in the Castle, but if Jack is the second in command, then its likely that Zoro will be the one to fight him.
5. Chances are we wont get to see Zoro vs. Jack or Luffy vs. Jack for 6m-1y...If OP has 4-5 more years (or something like that) then SH growth cant take too long. Im hoping there are no more TS...

My2Cents.

ToshiZO

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Luffy fought Sanji and Zoro in shifts he would win.

It wouldn't take 12 hours for Luffy to beat either Sanji or Zoro. The fact that in the first few hours when both were fresh the Duke didn't suffer major injuries and was simply tired means they are hella strong.

Luffy activates G4 gets rid of Zoro, rests himself for however many hours he needs probably has 11 hours or so left to rest. Sanji comes in Luffy beats the shit out of him as well.

It really does not take 12 hours to fend off either of them. Luffy's toughest battles weren't even an hour.

And like giostep just said, Jack is not someone who would hold back, I'm sure he was going full throttle trying to destroy the two. So that can't be used as an excuse here either.

Last edited: