Supreme
Kin
2,903💸
Kumi
10,493💴
Trait Points
60⚔️
Awards
Aye... this snow... it ain’t it chief. Gone ahead and take that off. Every part of the world don’t get snow.. aye and while we at it, somebody care to answer why the banner has 2 main characters and 1 random side character.. did caliburn set this up? 🤔🤔🤔

Reactions: Zatanna

Red-Robin

Regular
Kin
2,922💸
Kumi
14,033💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Aye... this snow... it ain’t it chief. Gone ahead and take that off. Every part of the world don’t get snow.. aye and while we at it, somebody care to answer why the banner has 2 main characters and 1 random side character.. did caliburn set this up? 🤔🤔🤔
I personally don't mind the snow effect; the opposite actually. It's charming and adds a particular vibe to the forum, especially since it felt rather stagnant before the change. It is seasonal in nature, so I doubt it'll be around much longer than the end of December anyway. If I had to criticize anything, it'd be the snow PNG overlay on the icons. I see what they were aiming for with that, but it's somewhat a sore thumb on certain avatars. But again, it's still charming nevertheless. Funnily enough it somewhat makes my icon look like she's wearing a Santa hat with the white rim and red top. Haha.

As far as the characters, I've never watched or read One Piece, at least not thoroughly, but I'm at least somewhat aware that Zoro is among the main cast; well enough to justify a bit more than being a "random side character." But it does seem odd, to have him rather than Luffy among the prominent main characters. He looks sharp though, and I imagine he's a fan-favorite, so it probably suits better for appearances than the alternative.

Reactions: Horus

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We just randomly decided on characters because we didn't really have much time in our schedules to deliberate on it.
Elmage drew the characters within a few days, which we're really thankful for because he has such a tight schedule now. I did the rest of effects and text in a few hours as I was also strapped for time.
As for the snow, currently the only way to turn them off would be to switch to the old theme. But I'll see if Zise can do something about it if it bothers people too much.

Reactions: Avani and Red-Robin

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,635💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Status
You can turn off the snow in your settings. Disable holiday styling.

And the snow on the avatar is looking a bit weird cause it's made for the original round avatars and part of the holiday plugin. It will also be disabled if you turn off the holiday styling in settings.

Reactions: Avani

Azu

Elite
Kin
279💸
Kumi
114💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can turn off the snow in your settings. Disable holiday styling.

And the snow on the avatar is looking a bit weird cause it's made for the original round avatars and part of the holiday plugin. It will also be disabled if you turn off the holiday styling in settings.
In the preferences I chose AnimeBase theme but the only thing that changed was the banner (it want back to the old one). The snow animation and the snow on avatar is still there. How do I get rid of it?

The artist and the designer, great job! On the topic of being busy, I am sure that there are people with great talent in art and design on this site who could have helped you out. The only reason why I want to get rid of the snow animation is because it is hard for me to read posts with it.

Reactions: Horus

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In the preferences I chose AnimeBase theme but the only thing that changed was the banner (it want back to the old one). The snow animation and the snow on avatar is still there. How do I get rid of it?

The artist and the designer, great job! On the topic of being busy, I am sure that there are people with great talent in art and design on this site who could have helped you out. The only reason why I want to get rid of the snow animation is because it is hard for me to read posts with it.
Hey Azu!
When you go into preferences you'll see an option to enable or disable the holiday styling.
Then just switch back to the Christmas theme and the snow stuff should be gone

Attachments