Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If we look at the clash between Kakashi and Zabuza at the Land of Waves in a 1 on 1 context, who performed better between them?

Look at who had a tougher mission, who had better resources, who had better conditions to work with and so on.

Plendamonda

Kin
17💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Kakashi had the harder objective.

- has to protect the bridge builder
- has to protect the kids
- was technically ambushed (Zabuza sort of wasted that advantage)

but I’d say Zabuza has the more impressive combat showing overall.

+ Hidden Mist style is actually incredibly effective
+ Zabuza showed incredible competency with his water release
+ Zabuza was fighting the famous Kakashi Hatake **with his eyes closed**
+ Kakashi needed summons to even the odds

Even in their first fight, Zabuza actually won in the game of “I make a clone to counter you making a clone to counter me making a clone” and was able to instantly put Kakashi in a Water Prison as soon as he made a mistake (going into the water). Plus, while Kakashi exhausted himself trying to use Sharingan and copy Zabuza’s powerful water release… Zabuza got taken out by Haku’s needles but otherwise never expressed the same level of chakra exhaustion. Not to mention physically having the strength and skill to wield that big sword at a level that let him arguably out fight Kakashi.

Plendamonda

Kin
17💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not particularly IMO. It’s fair to count the summons as part of their total arsenal and abilities, but it’s not particularly impressive on the part of the user (depending on how it’s used). It’s not like Kakashi has any control over the speed and power of the summons, he just needs enough chakra to do it.

So Kakashi having the summons makes him stronger overall, but the fact that he had to call in assistance because his own physical abilities and ninjutsu weren’t enough speaks more highly of Zabuza IMO.

Imagine if you instead had the ability to summon more ninja allies to your side. Would you consider it a fair reading of Kakashi’s abilities if instead of dogs he summoned Asuma to fight Zabuza for him? Animal summons are pretty much the same thing.

A literal inanimate weapon is hardly the same as summoning another sentient being with their own strength and speed and skill.

All the summoning jutsu tells me is that Kakashi had enough chakra to do it… which really doesn’t mean much of anything in the context.

Reactions: Infant

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not particularly IMO. It’s fair to count the summons as part of their total arsenal and abilities, but it’s not particularly impressive on the part of the user (depending on how it’s used). It’s not like Kakashi has any control over the speed and power of the summons, he just needs enough chakra to do it.

So Kakashi having the summons makes him stronger overall, but the fact that he had to call in assistance because his own physical abilities and ninjutsu weren’t enough speaks more highly of Zabuza IMO.

Imagine if you instead had the ability to summon more ninja allies to your side. Would you consider it a fair reading of Kakashi’s abilities if instead of dogs he summoned Asuma to fight Zabuza for him? Animal summons are pretty much the same thing.

A literal inanimate weapon is hardly the same as summoning another sentient being with their own strength and speed and skill.

All the summoning jutsu tells me is that Kakashi had enough chakra to do it… which really doesn’t mean much of anything in the context.
Is that not simply part of how his 'weapons' work?

I generally agree with your view. I simply am not sure of where to draw the line.