[Predictions] Who Will Destroy the Leaf Village Next?

Do you think Orochimaru will be the final villain?

• Yes, with Kabuto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, with his clones

• Yes, by himself

• Total voters

Ldude

Elite
Kin
18💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
While everyone is worrying about inconsequential tattoo ninjas, the true final villains plot from the shadows.
Recently, we were reminded that Konoha tracks the chakra of everyone in the village:
You must be registered to see images
Who else has been focusing on working around barriers?
Here, Orochimaru is wiping Mitsuki's mind to prepare him for disabling Konoha's barriers. Orochimaru is not the dolt he appears to be in Boruto. He is deliberately planning for Mitsuki to be his "in" to Konoha when the time comes. Additionally, Mitsuki serves as intel on the hokage through his connection to Boruto.
Orochimaru ran this experiment hoping for a different result. As he reveals, he did not intend for Mitsuki to become "light." That is only the cover he is using. However, he ultimately cannot rely on his clones, as he needs to continually drug them when they deviate from his plan. That's where an old ally comes in.
Kabuto has seemingly unsupervised control over the Shin clones, as we never see Konoha bothering about them again. There is untapped Sharingan potential. At this point, Kabuto could have been traumatizing them into all sorts of new funky ocular prowess. We also see a parallel between Orochimaru, Kabuto, and Jigen:
Kabuto and Orochimaru are not raising clones out of the goodness of their hearts. They are raising an army to do what they have wanted all along:

Reactions: ETHx

RinneBlitz

Veteran
Kin
68💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They are both allies of the Hidden Leaf now, so no. These Kara guys should be the final villains of NV, Boruto should end after they deal with them.

ETHx

Kin
47💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I feel like old habits die hard and Orochimaru is ideal example in the case of Naruto. It is hard to believe with all that has happened that he'd suddenly change sides. To me, it just seemed like he was trying to get the bigger baddie at the end of Naruto... With him not being as strong as he was back in the day he'd have to build power in some other way while gaining the trust of the village.

Mitsuki is a huge mystery. I feel like he truly feels he is Boruto's friend but Orochimaru has some kind of control over Mitsuki,

Ldude

Elite
Kin
18💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Mitsuki is a huge mystery. I feel like he truly feels he is Boruto's friend but Orochimaru has some kind of control over Mitsuki,
I would agree that Mitsuki seems to be one of the good-hearted characters, but we know that Orochimaru can just continually wipe his memories, so in the event that Orochimaru does decide to turn on Konoha, Mitsuki's personal attachment to the village wouldn't matter.