Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I personally believe that there's going to be another Nakama joining the crew after
Jinbei
As I think that there needs to be 10 members of Mugiwara to fight off against the 10 titanic captains of Blackbeard Pirates.
So who do you guys think will join the crew next after the wano arc?

I can only see Carrot, Vivi or Momo joining, However;

Carrot: Don't think she's strong enough to go against one of the captains
Vivi: We still don't know what happened at Reverie, she could be injured or dead
Momo: He has his duty in Wano and he probably couldn't go against one of the commanders

Hammock

Veteran
Kin
2,799💸
Kumi
3,417💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think Kiku is a fit for straw hats tho
Plus we need another strong female crew member.
But I strongly agree with this part, but seeing how many years there's left in the manga I don't think there's time for Goda to introduce another character since there's a whole bunch of stuff there hasn't been explained

• Sad
Reactions: WhistleBlower

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If Carrot isn't strong enough than neither are Vivi or Momo. Besides that we have more islands to see before the showdown with Teach, Elbaf if not more so I'll wait to see who gets introduced then. I think another crew member will be from a later island.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I personally believe that there's going to be another Nakama joining the crew after
Jinbei
As I think that there needs to be 10 members of Mugiwara to fight off against the 10 titanic captains of Blackbeard Pirates.

Vivi: We still don't know what happened at Reverie, she could be injured or dead
Momo: He has his duty in Wano and he probably couldn't go against one of the commanders
There has been talk for years about the 10-member limit, but primarily because Luffy himself said in the first chapter he wanted at least 10 members. The conundrum has always been whether he had to be counted amongst those 10 or not.

During the time-skip a lot of speculation was done about new members joining the crew and back then I made an analysis about the profile one needs to fit to be eligible. That was a long time ago and I'm really not going to bother searching for the post, but in the end it came down to three main elements:

1) There must be ample room for character development/chemistry with the Strawhats. This wasn't really necessary for the first members as they had an entire story for this, but there is a limit to which time you can still add new characters. If you add a new character all the way at the end, you run the risk of it appearing superficial, flaccid and out of sync with the other Strawhats.

2) All of them went through rigorous training for two years to prepare for the New World and it has been proven that this provided the Strawhats an edge over all the other Supernovas. So, any new member would need to have some kind of legitimate strength to balance out these two years. It would be rather stale that they need 2 years of training and then someone just joins and can keep up.

3) Needs to have a 'role' on the ship.

Jinbei checks out for all three:

1) Has been introduced all the way back in the Impel Down arc and went through hell multiple times alongside Luffy, before and after the time-skip.

2) As a former Shichibukai his strength speaks for itself.

3) As a fishman and experienced pirate he's very knowledgeable about how sea currents move and thus the perfect man for the position of helmsman; the man who steers the ship.

From the three characters you listed, you can pretty much discard two immediately. Momo is literally a child and even though he has some mysterious power inside of him, physically he's not worth much. His relationship with most Strawhats also comes down to being that of a lil brother looking up to his big brothers & sisters instead of being on the same level. Additionally, he has to rule Wano. Honestly, Momo isn't a realistic option.

Same thing for Vivi. Its obvious Cobra was preparing for his retirement, which means Vivi will have to rule Alabasta. Also, she made her decision two years ago. It would invalidate a highly emotional scene where she decided to remain in Alabasta instead of going with the Strawhats. And all things considered she wasn't that particularly powerful to begin with. So, no Vivi.

Carrot on the other hand stands at the top of my list for potential new Strawhats:

1) Her chemistry with the other Strawhats is amazing and she already experienced both joy and sadness with them while goin on adventures (Zou, Totland and now Wano). You can't ignore either her bond with Pedro. It was the latter's dream to travel with Roger, which eventually never happened and in the end he died to save the Strawhats. If Carrot, who was Pedro's protegé, would join the Strawhats, in some way it would be a fulfillment of his dream. She also has a rather mischievous and adventurous side. That's she's female and a mink is a double bonus.

2) She is a monster. By default any mink is incredibly powerful as they are born fighters, but even among them she qualifies as an elite soldier. Also her control over Sulong is incredibly good and this while still being relatively young. Even Pekoms, a high-ranking member of the BM Pirates crew, could not control this form.

3) This remains an issue. She has zero knowledge about the seas or ships. So, what exactly would her position be? This could be somewhat circumvented by defining her as a fighter or something.

None of them, I wouldn't mind Kiku joining the crew. As did his elder brother with Whitebeard. Plus we need another strong female crew member.
This is random as Kiku has shown little interaction nor chemistry with the Strawhats. He was the only one from the group that time-jumped who remained in Wano and thus has had little time to develop any kind of relationship with them. Honestly, I think none of the 9 Scabbards are eligible simply because they're too infested in taking revenge for Oden and Wano as a whole. That contrasts with the idea of leaving everything behind to go on an adventure. And FYI Kiku is male. Your statement is rather ambiguous concerning his gender.

Reactions: Hammock and Vayne

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is random as Kiku has shown little interaction nor chemistry with the Strawhats. He was the only one from the group that time-jumped who remained in Wano and thus has had little time to develop any kind of relationship with them. Honestly, I think none of the 9 Scabbards are eligible simply because they're too infested in taking revenge for Oden and Wano as a whole. That contrasts with the idea of leaving everything behind to go on an adventure. And FYI Kiku is male. Your statement is rather ambiguous concerning his gender.
Brook was random, Chopper was random, Robin forced herself into the crew.

LOL, I am well aware mr essay writer that Kikunojo although biologically male, Kikunojo has a feminine appearance and presents herself as a woman. "HE" alongside his "BROTHER" , Izo commander from the whitebeard pirates like for them to be referred to as females.
Are we really going to go back and forth over a fictional characters gender?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it will be Ashura. He's relatively distant from the scabbards, and is probably disliked by Wano's populace. Even more, his group won't really have a purpose once the factories and Orochi are gone. Ashura simply looks like the scabbard with the most potential for growth, and he might join Luffy if Luffy is the one who stimulates it. It's also possible that Ashura will see the same traits he admired in Oden. Strong, selfless, brave, and nearly identical goals in being peaceful kings.
You must be registered for see images

He even has "I want to live" potential.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it will be Ashura. He's relatively distant from the scabbards, and is probably disliked by Wano's populace. Even more, his group won't really have a purpose once the factories and Orochi are gone. Ashura simply looks like the scabbard with the most potential for growth, and he might join Luffy if Luffy is the one who stimulates it. It's also possible that Ashura will see the same traits he admired in Oden. Strong, selfless, brave, and nearly identical goals in being peaceful kings.
You must be registered for see images

He even has "I want to live" potential.
Possibly.
His design is too similar to Jinbei's imo.
I wouldn't mind a you copied my hairstyle scene lol. Similar to Sanji vs Duval. That shit was hilarious. Brooks reaction cracked me up. XD
You must be registered to see images

I already tripped out when Robin and Tashigi were in the same arc at punk hazard lol

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Possibly.
His design is too similar to Jinbei's imo.
I wouldn't mind a you copied my hairstyle scene lol. Similar to Sanji vs Duval. That shit was hilarious. Brooks reaction cracked me up. XD

I already tripped out when Robin and Tashigi were in the same arc at punk hazard lol
This is how I feel about Kiku and Hiyori. I had such a headache when those two were simultaneously receiving a decent amount of panel time.

Reactions: WhistleBlower

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

LOL, I am well aware mr essay writer that Kikunojo although biologically male, Kikunojo has a feminine appearance and presents herself as a woman. "HE" alongside his "BROTHER" , Izo commander from the whitebeard pirates like for them to be referred to as females.
Brook wasn't really random Luffy asked him because of his connection with Laboon.

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think this is it for the main crew.

We're in the end game now. BUT there is plenty of room for new 'alliance' members. Look at how long Kin'emon and Law have been traveling with them now. They're more or less crew members already. They've had more panels in the New World than Franky and Usopp I'm willing to bet.

This arc will probably wrap up the Kin'emon and Law saga. So after adding Wano to the grand fleet there will be space for some new side meat.

Enter giant girl

Silenqe

Kin
1,081💸
Kumi
357💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jinbei

Like Obama pointed out, there already are 10 members so no one is gonna join the crew.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Give me a break, it has been eons since I wrote a post resembling a wall. So, keep the snarky comments about the length of my comments to yourself, please. In particular because one of the reasons my posts can be a bit stretched, is because I preemptively address points that might be raised, like for example your comment about the "randomness" is something that was already covered.

All of the characters you mentioned joined quite a while ago. From the moment they were introduced they had around 50 to 75% of the story left to be developed, so they simply didn't need much to join. It's striking that the earlier a character joined, the easier it was and the more superficial their background was. In fact I believe that's the reason why Oda started providing more background info on the original ones: first Luffy directly after Marineford, then Sanji during White Cake Island, now Zoro moderately in Wano en possibly Usopp in the future when he meets his father.

People seem to think it's that easy to just join a pirate crew. It isn't. Joining pretty much means you abandon everything you have known up to that point and every SH had to make that decision. For instance Vivi decided she couldn't leave her home country and all of this can't be made more clear than with Jinbei, the last to join.

It took over 400 chapters for him to finally do it. There were numerous occasions he could have done it earlier, but didn't because there were still issues he had to resolve, something he even explicitly said. And this counts for any future Strawhat. So yeah, if you're going to add a random new character this late in the story, you run the risk of having a flaccid character that's quite out of tune with the other Strawhats.

It seems to be a rather unpopular opinion here, but the Nine Scabbards are some of the least likely people to ever join the Strawhats as individuals for the reasons stated above. Not only did the most of them have very little personal interaction with the Strawhats (other than maybe Kinemon), their lives are completely centered around serving Oden Kouzuki, avenging him, fulfilling his dream and even if they succeed in all of that, they still will serve under Momo who has to rule Wano. Joining the Strawhats as an individual crew member would be the same as abandoning all of that.

And I merely mentioned it because first you refered to Kiku as male ('his' brother), then refer to him as female. So, it wasn't really clear if you were talking about the same character or two different ones. Hence my remark it was ambiguous.