Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Are you a parent? Have you suffered from depression before?
I haven't suffered from depression, but again as a parent it is your duty to raise your child, you don't just abandon them when life gets hard, you push through it and endure, and that was even his duty as a ninja. There is not justifying his actions. Did kakashi even have a mother , I don't think so. She died at a young age, and he thinks it okay to abandon him

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I haven't suffered from depression, but again as a parent it is your duty to raise your child, you don't just abandon them when life gets hard, you push through it and endure, and that was even his duty as a ninja. There is not justifying his actions. Did kakashi even have a mother , I don't think so. She died at a young age, and he thinks it okay to abandon him
If you haven't suffered from depression then you don't know what it's like. I haven't had depression before but I know 2 people who took their own lives because of it. Both of them told me some really intense things that still remember like yesterday. I'm still not sure why people commit suicide but I know for damn sure i'd be hard live like that no matter what resolve or obligations you have to anyone.

I'm also going to assume you haven't had the experience in raising a child with someone then having them die. That in itself is very hard to process and cope.

There's a multitude of things that could have been going on with Sakumo ranging from Survivors' guilt and depression all the way to PTSD. Not only that, the very person he compromised the mission and his reputation for spat in his face resulting in most of the village looking at both him and his son in a a negative light.

I admit it's selfish but he obviously had a very serious moment of weakness in the following moments before he took his life.

Despite that, Kakashi doesn't resent him for it and neither should you. It doesn't make him a bad father, he was a victim of the social norms of shinobi coupled with a multitude of things.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Lemielys

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If things go the way I predict they will then Sasuke for ignoring his own kid for years and then favoring and teaching his skills to another. It would be similar to the Fugaku situation.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hiashi was a terrible father who lowered his daughter's self-esteem, disowned her and favored one child over another. Not to mention treating his nephew worse.

It's different now but that was basically a decade of her and Neji dealing with his bs.

Fugaku favored one over the other as well.

Sasuke hasn't interacted with his daughter for almost a decade.

Raven Zecrow

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is Minato on the list? He had no other option, wasn't like there were any other babies around to seal it into. You think Minato would ask another parent "Hey, you mind if I seal this rampaging fox spirit inside your son/daughter? I promise its for a good cause".

Yea I don't know about you but I'd backhand him if he tried that on me. The only liable option was to seal it in Naruto, his own son. It all worked out for the better anyway.

Worst father is Sasuke, he's even worse than Vegeta. At least Vegeta was there for his kids, though not without acting like a **** towards them at first.

Sasuke spends more time being eco friendly in some forest than contacting his wife and child.

FemmeFatale

Supreme
Kin
156💸
Kumi
2,771💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

If you haven't suffered from depression then you don't know what it's like. I haven't had depression before but I know 2 people who took their own lives because of it. Both of them told me some really intense things that still remember like yesterday. I'm still not sure why people commit suicide but I know for damn sure i'd be hard live like that no matter what resolve or obligations you have to anyone.

I'm also going to assume you haven't had the experience in raising a child with someone then having them die. That in itself is very hard to process and cope.

There's a multitude of things that could have been going on with Sakumo ranging from Survivors' guilt and depression all the way to PTSD. Not only that, the very person he compromised the mission and his reputation for spat in his face resulting in most of the village looking at both him and his son in a a negative light.

I admit it's selfish but he obviously had a very serious moment of weakness in the following moments before he took his life.

Despite that, Kakashi doesn't resent him for it and neither should you. It doesn't make him a bad father, he was a victim of the social norms of shinobi coupled with a multitude of things.

Im just gonna stop here because I dont want to offend anyone who may suffer from depression. But until you have a child, someone who rely's on you, and have no choice but to rely on you, will you understand where im coming from.

Im just saying it was extremely selfish.

Reactions: To Whatever

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Im just gonna stop here because I dont want to offend anyone who may suffer from depression. But until you have a child, someone who rely's on you, and have no choice but to rely on you, will you understand where im coming from.

Im just saying it was extremely selfish.
I understand where you're coming from. He's not as bad a father as others nor is he one of the best. He's in a grey area (good or bad) depending on your opinion of depression and suicide. You think it's selfish and I do as well. I just understand that not everything cut and dry when it comes to topics like this.

Some parents kill their kids and then themselves, something more selfish than anything on this earth.

I mean he did wait for several decades in limbo for his son in order to have closure with him so there's that.

It's weird. Hiashi was around his kids and abused both Hinata and Neji.

Fugaku wasn't any better.

Reactions: FemmeFatale