White Supremacist Wilders Loses Dutch Election Badly.

Is Wilders A racist and white supremacist?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes he is.

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
THE HAGUE — The far-right politician Geert Wilders fell short of expectations in Dutch elections on Wednesday, gaining seats but failing to persuade a decisive portion of voters to back his extreme positions on barring Muslim immigrants and jettisoning the European Union, according to official results and exit polls.

The results were immediately cheered by pro-European politicians who hoped that they could help stall some of the momentum of the populist, anti-European Union and anti-Muslim forces Mr. Wilders has come to symbolize, and which have threatened to fracture the bloc.

Voters, who turned out in record numbers, nonetheless rewarded right and center-right parties that had co-opted parts of his hard-line message, including that of the incumbent prime minister, Mark Rutte. Some parties that challenged the establishment from the left made significant gains.

The Dutch vote was closely watched as a harbinger of potential trends in a year of important European elections, including in France in just weeks, and later in Germany and possibly Italy. Many of the Dutch parties that prevailed favor the European Union — a rare glimmer of hope at a time when populist forces have created an existential crisis for the bloc and Britain prepares for its withdrawal, or “Brexit.”

Continue reading the main story
RELATED COVERAGE

DUTCH ELECTION
Populists Appear to Fall Short in Dutch Election, Amid High Turnout MARCH 15, 2017

Geert Wilders, Reclusive Provocateur, Rises Before Dutch Vote FEB. 27, 2017

Netherlands Considers a New Relationship to Muslims With Coming Election MARCH 13, 2017
“The Netherlands, after Brexit, after the American elections, said ‘Whoa’ to the wrong kind of populism,” Mr. Rutte told a wildly enthusiastic crowd, excited that his party, the People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy, had come in first among the parties and lost fewer seats than it had feared.

“Today was a celebration of democracy, we saw rows of people queuing to cast their vote, all over the Netherlands — how long has it been since we’ve seen that?” Mr. Rutte said.

Alexander Pechtold, the leader of Democrats 66, which appeared to have won the most votes of any left-leaning party, struck a similar note underscoring the vote as a victory against a populist extremist.

“During this election campaign, the whole world was watching us,” Mr. Pechtold said. “They were looking at Europe to see if this continent would follow the call of the populists, but it has now become clear that call stopped here in the Netherlands.”

GRAPHIC
How Far Is Europe Swinging to the Right?
Right-wing parties have been achieving electoral success in a growing number of nations.

OPEN GRAPHIC
According to an unofficial tally compiled by the Dutch Broadcasting Foundation, the country’s public broadcaster, the People’s Party for Freedom and Democracy was likely to capture 33 of the 150 seats in Parliament — a loss of seven seats, but still far more than any other party.

Mr. Wilders’s Party for Freedom was expected to finish second, with 20 seats (an increase of eight); and the right-leaning Christian Democratic Appeal and the left-leaning Democrats 66 were tied for third, with 19 each, the broadcaster reported.

In the Netherlands, the results betrayed a lingering distrust of turning over the reins of power to the far right, even as its message dominated the campaign and was likely to influence policies in the new government.

Yet there are limits to how much the Netherlands, one of Europe’s most socially liberal countries, will be a reliable predictor for Europe’s other important elections this year, including next month’s presidential elections in France.

Mark Bovens, a political scientist at Utrecht University, noted that Mr. Wilders and other right-wing parties, despite their gains, did not drastically cross traditional thresholds.

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Interesting how Geertje is noteworthy now for non-Dutch ppl.
I almost voted for him but decided to go with a libertarian party instead.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wasn't all too bad I think, his party went 7 seats up.
Nonsense! Stop spinning he lost, he is a white supremacist and a neo nazi who wanted to ban islam and the dutch people rejected him, let this be a warning to other rightwingers in europe brexit and trump are exceptions not the rule.

Lelouch Vii Britannia

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thank God that guy is absolutely nuts, a real fascist

Im glad that the people of the netherlands recognized that and will not give up the rights of others and accept in oppressing them

Interesting how Geertje is noteworthy now for non-Dutch ppl.
I almost voted for him but decided to go with a libertarian party instead.
Tbh i'd thought you'd go for that kind of thing

Last edited:

Narushima

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Isn't he an Indonesien jew?

Has he really said that the white race is superior to every other or are you just pissed at his comments about Islam? Genuine question.
Geert Wilders is the European version of a Neoconservative, and his mother is of mixed Ashkenazi/Indonesian heritage as far as I'm aware (his father is a White Dutch).

However, discerning differences between similar looking things is a highly g-loaded task, and leftists of the OP's caliber do not have the mental ability to distinguish between Neocons and 'White Supremacists.'

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nonsense! Stop spinning he lost, he is a white supremacist and a neo nazi who wanted to ban islam and the dutch people rejected him, let this be a warning to other rightwingers in europe brexit and trump are exceptions not the rule.
His party is still the second biggest and like I said while he gained seaths the biggest part lost atleast 4

whiteboy2345

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's not a white nationalist, he just rejects the Islamic influence on Europe. If African people clamor for all white people to die or leave Africa, no one cares, but if a White person says that they don't want Muslims in Europe due to what they believe, then it's all of a sudden white supremacy.

At least wait until he says something racist before you call him something he's not.

YowYan

Legendary
Kin
1,244💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Dude, you're not even Dutch, nor is your input correct. He's not a white-supremacist. He married a foreign woman. She's Surinamese, I think. He's just against mass-immigration and wants to prevent islamization of our country. Which is only logical. Crime and stupidity skyrockets in neighbourhoods that are densely populated with blacks and muslims. It's a simple fact. He's against cuts for the elderly homecare, education, etc. in face of the millions that are spent to house and gift fake refugees a very proper income off of wellfare.

Ofc, I'm leaving out a ton of important points here.

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dude, you're not even Dutch, nor is your input correct. He's not a white-supremacist. He married a foreign woman. She's Surinamese, I think. He's just against mass-immigration and wants to prevent islamization of our country. Which is only logical. Crime and stupidity skyrockets in neighbourhoods that are densely populated with blacks and muslims. It's a simple fact. He's against cuts for the elderly homecare, education, etc. in face of the millions that are spent to house and gift fake refugees a very proper income off of wellfare.

But haven't you heard, it's 2017 so you have to embrace the multiculturalism and accept every muslim in your country otherwise you're racist and islamophobe /s

Reactions: Conspirator.

Conspirator.

Legendary
Kin
124💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Exactly this.

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But haven't you heard, it's 2017 so you have to embrace the multiculturalism and accept every muslim in your country otherwise you're racist and islamophobe /s
I mean....he said he wanted to ban the Quran, so I think its fair to label him an Islamophobe.

The Koran is a fascist book which incites violence. That is why this book, just like [Adolf Hitler's] Mein Kampf, must be banned
Islam is according to me, my party, not so much a religion as well as it is a totalitarian ideology.
Take a walk down the street and see where this is going. You no longer feel like you are living in your own country. There is a battle going on and we have to defend ourselves. Before you know it there will be more mosques than churches!
There is no radical or moderate Islam. There is only one Islam and that is the Islam from the Koran, the holy book. That is the Islam from Mohammed. There are no two sorts of Islam.
Clearly his issue isn't just immigration, its who is immigrating.

Overall he seems to be a pretty standard nationalist. I don't know enough about him to say he's a white nationalist, but the quotes I've read aren't exactly promising.

Flakez

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I mean....he said he wanted to ban the Quran, so I think its fair to label him an Islamophobe.

Clearly his issue isn't just immigration, its who is immigrating.

Overall he seems to be a pretty standard nationalist. I don't know enough about him to say he's a white nationalist, but the quotes I've read aren't exactly promising.
I don't see the issue. It's precisely the mass immigration from muslims to Europe that is the problem. I mean it's the only group of people that migrates en masse right now. If someone from say Canada decided to migrate to Europe it wouldn't be an issue because they share our values more or less.

So in that regard I agree with this guy.

Typhon

Legendary
Kin
664💸
Kumi
6,684💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't see the issue. It's precisely the mass immigration from muslims to Europe that is the problem. I mean it's the only group of people that migrates en masse right now. If someone from say Canada decided to migrate to Europe it wouldn't be an issue because they share our values more or less.

So in that regard I agree with this guy.

You don't see the issue with wanting to ban the Quran and equating it to Mein Kampf?

Reactions: Pumpkin Ninja

demon of the leaf

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I really dont see how he is fascist fascism is intolerance to anothers thoughts, ideology, race and religion and will actively persecute i havnt seen anything reguarding him being as such other then opinions he and many dont want those refugees there that isnt fascist that is just called fear they fear the implications could mean terror attacks