Where is you mind Obito? Explaining what he was seeing.

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Besides the fact that they were creepy, didn't anyone find these images weird?​

You must be registered for see images

I guess I would want to know what these three manifestations represent. What are they and why are they there? Why three of them?

The simple answer would be the three "fakes" of Rin, Kakashi and Minato represent Obito's beliefs while the real ones represent Naruto's. Or, the three "fakes" represent Rin, Kakashi and Obito as they would be in the Eternal Genjutsu and the three real ones represent, well, the real ones.

Of course, the second answer, would parallel this statement by Obito quite nicely.

This "fake" world, he says.

But if this is the case, and these three images are just Obito's ideals, then something seems strange. Why is his subconscious trying to trick him? I mean, wouldn't it make more sense to have the manifestation say, "What you are doing is justified" or "Moon's eye is the answer." Why, "you don't need others" and "come over here, ill give you all the attention you need."

The point I'm making is that there is no reason for Obito's subconscious to be talking to him like that, these images seem like an outside influence, one that has been whispering in his hear this entire time. Have we finally got a glimpse to Obito's motivations?

Again, I found it a bit odd that there were "three" manifestations. Of course, they could simply just be mirroring Kakashi, Rin and Minato, but upon some further research.

I found that in Buddhism, there are three roots of evil or "poisons".​

First there is Greed. Greedy desire is endless and therefore can never be satisfied. The lesser the greedy desire, the happier and more satisfied we are. The best prescription to deal with greed is in giving away.

Obito is greedy. He can try to justify it, but Moon's Eye Plan only benefits him. HE wants to live in a Dream World

Then there is Anger. Hatred to people is another cause of evil deed. We should not lose temper and get angry when we are unhappy. We should be calm and patient.

Obito is angry. He is angry at Kakashi for not protecting Rin, angry at the world for creating the circumstances behind her death.

And finally, there is Delusion. It means the persistent belief in something false and distorted. We have to observe and think in an objective and rational manner, so as to avoid prejudice and misunderstanding. For instance, if we don't believe in cause and effect, and then commit offence frequently and heavily, we will suffer from the retribution.

Obito is delusional. In fact this is literally the definition of Obito's ideas, delusional. Not only is he refusing to see his ideas are wrong, but he is literally trying to create a world where everyone is delusional.

Now, I could be reading wayyy to much into this, but just something to think about ;)

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nice thread ^^ it looked to me like those fake images of rin,kakashi and minato were his dark side,or his dream of them being in tsuki no mei world like you said =D

-Sky-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You always put so much thought into things. #respect

I think he was picturing what Infinite Illusion would be like. Like he would be his team, therefore he really doesn't have his heart being filled.

Great post

aimop95

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's always been "delusional". The entire plan is to make everyone delusional. The thing is, delusions become reality when EVERYONE shares the same delusion.

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
nice thread ^^ it looked to me like those fake images of rin,kakashi and minato were his dark side,or his dream of them being in tsuki no mei world like you said =D
Right, and if you look at the page where Obito says, "In my mind, Rin wasn't suppose to die, so the one who died was just a fake" it would definitely give credence to the idea the one in his mind is the projection from Project Tsuki no Me. But, I'm not so sure.

Reactions: 3MESSIAH
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I fcking love Obito and i f'n love you for this lol!

And i totally agree and felt those exact same ways while reading this chapter! and it really does seem like something Kishi would do. But damn Naruto, you mind fcker you, you have matured soooo god damned much dang.

And 10/10 "Just come over here already A$$hole!" lol.

Now unfortunately, if the damage he has taken won't kill him, the fact that he just had a Biju, the Juubi no less, ripped out of his being, he's probably going to die :'(

Last edited:

rollin

Elite
Kin
25💸
Kumi
24💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he's just trying to convince himself that he can "fill the hole in his heart"by himself
but he keeps remembering kakashi's and naruto's words saying that it's friends who help "fill that hole in your heart"

3MESSIAH

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right, and if you look at the page where Obito says, "In my mind, Rin wasn't suppose to die, so the one who died was just a fake" it would definitely give credence to the idea the one in his mind is the projection from Project Tsuki no Me. But, I'm not so sure.
yes,after all what tsuki no mei turned out to be would simply be a projection of obito`s mind and desires.

once again nice find ^^

Tebows Youth Group

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I fcking love Obito and i ****ing love you for this lol!

And i totally agree and felt those exact same ways while reading this chapter! and it really does seem like something Kishi would do. But damn Naruto, you mind ****er you, you have matured soooo god damned much ****. and 10/10 "Just come over here already *******!" lol.

Now unfortunately, if the damage he has taken won't kill him, the fact that he just had a Biju, the Juubi no less, ripped out of his being, he's probably going to die :'(

Not yet. Obito is redeemable. Just going by the way his character has been written, him dying without redemption would serve no purpose. In fact, I would say he has already turned to Naruto's side which can be exemplified by the hand at the end (representing Rin, for it was the hand she always held) is filling up the large hole in the sky where the moon should be. This represents his replacement of Moon's Eye, with his friends and loved ones. He has already turned, now its just a matter of him surviving, which I think he will because like I said, killing him now would serve the author no purpose.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not yet. Obito is redeemable. Just going by the way his character has been written, him dying without redemption would serve no purpose. In fact, I would say he has already turned to Naruto's side which can be exemplified by the hand at the end (representing Rin, for it was the hand she always held) is filling up the large hole in the sky where the moon should be. This represents his replacement of Moon's Eye, with his friends and loved ones. He has already turned, now its just a matter of him surviving, which I think he will because like I said, killing him now would serve the author no purpose.
True, he does have Zetsu though, so he may still survive :eek: