[Question] When will the Marines arrive at Wano?

When will the Marines arrive at Wano?

• Never

• Soon, before the fire festival starts

• Soon, but after the fire festival starts

• Toward the ending but before Kaido falls

• Toward the ending but after Kaido falls

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First of all, will the Marines even show up in Wano? It does seem like it and I sure do hope they do.

If they are going to arrive at Wano, when do you think it'll be and why?

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When Big Mom looks like she's finally achieved freedom, Kizaru will appear from nowhere riding atop a cannonball and fry her brains with a laser blast. I'm not sure when, but I'm 100% sure their appearance will be related to screwing her over specifically because Oda hates her.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
When Big Mom looks like she's finally achieved freedom, Kizaru will appear from nowhere riding atop a cannonball and fry her brains with a laser blast. I'm not sure when, but I'm 100% sure their appearance will be related to screwing her over specifically because Oda hates her.
Do you really believe Kizaru's lasers could pierce her strong skin/haki?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First of all, will the Marines even show up in Wano? It does seem like it and I sure do hope they do.

Glad you put never at the top cus that was my gut thought. Wano is shut off and I think the WG has honored that. I don't see them going there or even really knowing much about what happens there until it's done happening.

Didn't Kizaru already offer to go intervene but Akainu told him to stay put?

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Glad you put never at the top cus that was my gut thought. Wano is shut off and I think the WG has honored that. I don't see them going there or even really knowing much about what happens there until it's done happening.

Didn't Kizaru already offer to go intervene but Akainu told him to stay put?
Yes, that is true. However do you really think the marines will miss an opportunity like this to take out so many big shots who would've been weakened by the end of the arc?

What comes to mind is how, Smoker was waiting on the outskirts of fishman island to intercept the strawhats and other pirates coming to the new world. They didn't enter Fishman island as it PART of the WG but waited on the outskirts.
Heck even in Dressrosa they rocked up even though Dressrosa is teamed up with the WG.

This is why I reckon they will come. I'm thinking they form a buster call, like a big one, or two, three buster calls before Kaido falls (them knowing how strong kaidou is) like a barricade to stop the strawhats from escaping. Things go haywire then.
I'm getting a pirates of the carribean feeling now haha

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, that is true. However do you really think the marines will miss an opportunity like this to take out so many big shots who would've been weakened by the end of the arc?

What comes to mind is how, Smoker was waiting on the outskirts of fishman island to intercept the strawhats and other pirates coming to the new world. They didn't enter Fishman island as it PART of the WG but waited on the outskirts.
Heck even in Dressrosa they rocked up even though Dressrosa is teamed up with the WG.

This is why I reckon they will come. I'm thinking they form a buster call, like a big one, or two, three buster calls before Kaido falls (them knowing how strong kaidou is) like a barricade to stop the strawhats from escaping. Things go haywire then.
I'm getting a pirates of the carribean feeling now haha
Honestly, I don't think they will take this moment. They brought in EVERYONE for Ace's execution against one Yonkou. A dying one at that(his strength may not have waned but his ability to operate his body at that strength had, Marco even said if it wasn't for his illness and stopping the medicine he'd have dodged attacks like Squards.)

Even if they're weakened there's still so many and a bit of unknown with the Wano factor. As far as I remember they don't know about Kid Law or Luffy. Maybe Luffy.

Maybe they'll be waiting on the waters to the next island but just how Wano was presented(being shut off) and how many big players are in play already I don't see them setting foot on Wano territory(onigashima etc. ) They way it sounded to me was Wano doesn't let in WG people so they would be going in blind which I don't think they'd do.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Honestly, I don't think they will take this moment. They brought in EVERYONE for Ace's execution against one Yonkou. A dying one at that(his strength may not have waned but his ability to operate his body at that strength had, Marco even said if it wasn't for his illness and stopping the medicine he'd have dodged attacks like Squards.)

Even if they're weakened there's still so many and a bit of unknown with the Wano factor. As far as I remember they don't know about Kid Law or Luffy. Maybe Luffy.

Maybe they'll be waiting on the waters to the next island but just how Wano was presented(being shut off) and how many big players are in play already I don't see them setting foot on Wano territory(onigashima etc. ) They way it sounded to me was Wano doesn't let in WG people so they would be going in blind which I don't think they'd do.
Hmm we'll just have to wait and see in a year what happens

Izaya-X

Kin
45💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They’re already busy with the revos they will probably have no time for Wano.
But I’m sure at same point Oda will switch back to the reverie.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
I don’t think they will tbh. A prominent aspect around the Yonko’s hype is how much of an iron grip they have over their territory. I think a conflict involving them that ends up not being intercepted by Marines is a pretty good way to reinforce this and what better place than Wano?

Reactions: WhistleBlower

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, we have two Emporers coming together which the marines always try to prevent, and Admiral Kizaru already volunteered to show up with no fear or worry whatsoever

Reactions: Erikhog

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I sincerely doubt that, at least not officially and en mass.

When they decided to challenge WB they planned weeks for the encounter, assembled most of their strongest fighters and all of this went down on Marineford, their HQ. This was just for one Yonkou and you can hardly say that everything went smooth and that final result was that beneficial for them.

So they really are not going to send an army to a country that does not belong to the WG, of which the geography alone makes it incredibly hard to access, that has been under the control of a Yonkou for two decades and which currently hosts a 2nd Yonkou on top of several Supernova's.

Kadou's name alone was enough to even make CP-0 grovel, so they're really not going to risk resources and manpower by haphazardly sending an expedition to Wano. BM and Kaidou are both extremely powerful and above all highly erratic and that's what scares them: they can't predict what's going to happen and for the marines the results could be catastrophic. Flipping a coin probably has better odds...

That said I do see it happen that some individuals might try to influence the events from the shadows. We know CP-0 is already moving behind the scenes and I doubt they are glad with the current state of affaires, especially after their last conversation with Orochi. So they might seize an opportunity when it presents them, but the chances are slim they would publicly take the initiative.

Reactions: SixPathsMike101

SixPathsMike101

Regular
Kin
55💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I sincerely doubt that, at least not officially and en mass.

When they decided to challenge WB they planned weeks for the encounter, assembled most of their strongest fighters and all of this went down on Marineford, their HQ. This was just for one Yonkou and you can hardly say that everything went smooth and that final result was that beneficial for them.

So they really are not going to send an army to a country that does not belong to the WG, of which the geography alone makes it incredibly hard to access, that has been under the control of a Yonkou for two decades and which currently hosts a 2nd Yonkou on top of several Supernova's.

Kadou's name alone was enough to even make CP-0 grovel, so they're really not going to risk resources and manpower by haphazardly sending an expedition to Wano. BM and Kaidou are both extremely powerful and above all highly erratic and that's what scares them: they can't predict what's going to happen and for the marines the results could be catastrophic. Flipping a coin probably has better odds...

That said I do see it happen that some individuals might try to influence the events from the shadows. We know CP-0 is already moving behind the scenes and I doubt they are glad with the current state of affaires, especially after their last conversation with Orochi. So they might seize an opportunity when it presents them, but the chances are slim they would publicly take the initiative.
Very true, however. Two emporer clashing and or uniting, especially with the undertone of the rocks pirates could throw the power balance way off. It seems like the Marines and wg just cant win here

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very true, however. Two emporer clashing and or uniting, especially with the undertone of the rocks pirates could throw the power balance way off. It seems like the Marines and wg just cant win here
Winning is a relative concept here. When WB died it was pretty much the end of the WB Pirates and the exact same scenario was mentioned by the BM Pirates in the case BM would disappear. Despite the elaborate lengths they went to establish their territory, in the end it all stands or falls with the existence of a single individual: a Yonkou. So when they make a move, it's pretty much all or nothing every time.

The WG on the other hand is a behemoth of an organization that has existed for centuries. For them entities like the admirals are a precious commodity, not something they are going to risk too easily at the expense of their overall strength. Simply put time is pretty much always one the side of the WG as they can wait till a Yonkou implodes.

I only see two reasons as why the WG would even bother with Yonkou:

1) To assert their dominance from time to time. It isn't really good for their credibility if they let them do as they please all the time.

2) To avoid having the OP being discovered.

Honestly I wonder if Ace hadn't been Roger's son would they really have bothered picking a fight with WB? He was old and hadn't done anything noteworthy in years.

So for the WG it's always a careful calculation whether the pro's outweigh the contra's. When one Yonkou makes a move, it causes a domino effect with unpredictable results. Not in the least because of the erratic nature of the emperors. Last time it resulted in one emperor being replaced by a far more devious one and the Great Age of Piracy obtained its second wind.

Like Naruto

Regular
Kin
854💸
Kumi
126💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well garp said it would be difficult to send troops in wano since they dont know anything about it. But it doesnt they didnt send troops there it's possible fujitora is coming there to take out luffy and in the end he would join up with him to take down kaidou not on wano though