[Question] When Fairy Tail come to a end?

Venomous Cobra

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Nah but many shounen titles are ending in the next arcs(gintama,magi etc.)

Fairy tail is the type of manga to be milked even more than naruto, you'll have spin offs after spin offs, and eventually a new series. One piece is going to be the same once WSJ has a new banner money cow that people will love even more than op, but that probably won't happen anytime soon(yeah I know oda said he wont be doing anything op related after that but all these dudes did as well)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't think Fairy Tail will end as soon as people think it will. People that are using big series like Bleach, Gintama, Nisekoi or Toriko are forgetting that it's a different magazine. Weekly Shonen Jump is far more competitive than Weekly Shonen Magazine so a series is more likely to end in WSJ magazine than WSM. FT is part of the WSM & it's one of their biggest titles...

If Fairy Tail was in WSJ, then it would've gotten axed a long time ago. I think someone posted how long FT has till it ends in terms of volumes but I'm too lazy to check. I agree with the way the series is heading it does feel like it'll end soon but who knows what Masima will do to prolong the series.

My guess is the same as above, around 100 chapters.

Reactions: Bimbonium

Sir Blades

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So many series are ending, its weird.
What other up and coming mangas are being hyped up like all teh ones that are ending or are about to end?
Other than Nanatsu no taizai and boku no hero i haven't seen or known of any others.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm thinking one or two more arcs, with Aquarius telling Lucy her key resurfaced somewhere in the world, imo, that generates a new plot line, that Hiro can follow.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The current arc has all the characteristics of a final arc of the series, though other than that there haven't really been much indications about this series ending any time soon. FT is the kind manga you can keep on going because of it's rather simple plot, but in the end it has to finish someday. The underlying plot line that has been present since chapter one has almost completely surfaced during the current arc, however it's still going to take some time to finish all of that up: Zeref, Acnologia, END, what happened 400 years ago etc.

Nah but many shounen titles are ending in the next arcs(gintama,magi etc.)

Fairy tail is the type of manga to be milked even more than naruto, you'll have spin offs after spin offs, and eventually a new series. One piece is going to be the same once WSJ has a new banner money cow that people will love even more than op, but that probably won't happen anytime soon(yeah I know oda said he wont be doing anything op related after that but all these dudes did as well)
OP is in a league of its own, it's not a series of which you can just say that you replace it. Logically there will always be a few series that clearly stand above the others, but that doesn't mean they can compare with each other. Particularly in Japan OP is not just a manga anymore, it's a cultural phenomenon. A series of that caliber you don't create whenever you wish. Hence I would be surprised though that Oda would completely stop producing OP related contents after the series has ended. Sure he doesn't seem like the type who wants to milk out OP, but there's a subtle difference between milking out and expanding. Oda made this massive fictional and diverse universe that has an enormous amount of potential, so it would be weird to call it quits completely. Now I doubt he would make another series in the same world that counts hundreds of chapters, but I don't see how an occasional one chapter spin-off about a certain character would be milking it out?

I'm thinking one or two more arcs, with Aquarius telling Lucy her key resurfaced somewhere in the world, imo, that generates a new plot line, that Hiro can follow.
To be honest the whole Aquarius search thing to me felt like it's something that's never going to happen, at least not on screen. I believe it's just a plot device to give us the impression at the end that even though the series will end for us, the characters will still move on with their lives outside the scope of the manga.

Scorps

Supreme
Kin
613💸
Kumi
408💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you look at all the unanswered questions of FT's plot, they are all gathered in this arc or have been answered:

-Where did the dragons go: check
-What was Fairy Heart: check
-Zeref and Natsu relationship: check
-Mavis and Zeref relationship: check
-Acnologia's relationship with Zeref: more or less check but undergoing none the less
-Gray's dad: check
-Erza's Mother: undergoing
-Natsu vs Zeref: undergoing
-Acnologia vs FT: undergoing

And the only things pending are really now in play in the current arc (Acnologia, Natsu, Zeref, Mavis, Erza, FT as a whole, Gray) so like Cali says, it has all the makings of a final arc. However, I don't think FT will end just yet. Sure, it has 500 chapters now and most series have been ending at around 700 or so but I feel it will go on a bit more or at least into a new generation.

For example, Naruto's main plot was Naruto's progression into Hokage. The story was not about ninjas but about Naruto. One single character. One Piece is not about the Strawhat pirates but rather the search for the One Piece, the biggest threasure of the world. This means what once that main plot ends, the manga has nowhere to go and ends.

When it comes to fairy tail, the manga is about the Guild Fairy Tail. Its not necessarily about Natsu, Lucy and the others. The first chapters showed clearly that the focus was fairy tail even if we have main characters and fairy tail itself has been relegated to a secondary role. I would not be surprised if the manga progressed after the whole Natsu thing with new characters of Fairy Tail. And it wouldn't be a bad approach to use the existing world and lore but with fresh new characters once you solved and fixed all the plots of the current ones.