When did you choose your sexuality?

N o i r

Kin
93💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I have no problem with gay people as they are just people with a different preference than me, but when a gay guy tries to come on to me (which has happened in real life before) then I draw the line. I'm not fond of liking another dude, but I can tolerate being friends with a gay guy, as long as they don't do anything stupid. Being a guy individual, I prefer lesbians over gays as they don't give a damn about me and they just look hotter in my opinion, as opposed to a guy who could find me attractive and try to hit on me..

Now, some people may try to call me a hypocrite for liking lesbians over gays but in a way, it would make a lot more sense for a guy that is straight to prefer lesbians as opposed to gays.
You're not 100% secure of your sexuality m8, I had guys hit on me. I take it as a compliment that someone of the same gender would consider me good enough but I just tell them "not how I roll"
My best buddy hit on me, we're still friends.
I like lesbians too, but wouldn't try to hook up with one or try to "convert her" like some dudes try.

Mutual respect for both sides.

its sickening you think as a straight guy i wanna see that stuff on Tv :|......they should make gay channels for gay people and stop tryna influence upcoming children brains....and stop tryna make everyone gay like is some kind of evolution...:|
I personally don't want to watch what doesn't appeal to me, so change the channel, why bash and throw hate. Children are fine, grown individuals with your mind set are the problem in society. I find your kind of people sickening.

Last edited:

Hunty

Veteran
Kin
907💸
Kumi
2,293💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let's say you are having a video chat with:

You must be registered for see images

Things go well, and you decide to meet up at a steak&shake or something. The conversation goes so well that things start to get serious.

When the clothes come off, though - we are presented with a sudden predicament as the outward anatomical features do not match up well with what's under the hood.

Let's say you're a girl who is into girls - or a guy who is into girls - you found the features of the body and the personality of the person attractive. If this person were a girl - you'd be in on it.

But they're not.

So you make the decision to 'abort operation' and 'return to base for debrief.'

The conscious decision was made: "I don't want a guy."

Everything up until that point made no difference.

"Straight" and "Gay" are different than "what you find attractive."

There are guys out there who like the idea of women with a penis - some guys even role-swap with their female partners using instruments purchased at adult stores. But those guys wouldn't pursue a relationship with another guy - no matter how effeminate he looks.

Then there are other people who just don't care. "It looks good attractive and I can make it scream my name - what's to turn down?"

The point I'm trying to make is that at some point, you've come to the decision: "I want to be with a guy." or "I want to be with a girl." Or - "I don't give a damned."

That decision is developed over time. It's based somewhat off of what you find attractive to begin with, and it's also based around your environment growing up. There are some genetic factors biasing all of that - but it also comes down to a conscious resolve that is continually reinforced throughout your life.

Which is why some people shift from heterosexual to homosexual and vise-verse. It's also why you have homosexuals attracted to guys who have surgery to look like girls - and guys who like to pretend their woman has parts she doesn't (but would probably pay for the surgery if they had it).

But you won't find many who actually want to discuss the issue intelligently.

They want a simple way of assigning blame for things. You have people who want to try and say: "you chose all of this" and you have people who want to say: "I am not in any way responsible."

Hardly anybody wants to come to understand how human sexuality and concepts of attraction work.

First off, you don't choose your sexuality. It's quite a simple question, Aim. "When did you wake up in the morning and decide I like women or I like men? It's not a question you ask yourself." Also it's not a unconscious decision you make; it's a hormone balance (I'm not sure, but I'm gay so I think I would know.) Also you counter-dict yourself every time you type and waist of a post. I have never, subconsciously made a decision I wasn't aware of at the time. Never in my life. I don't care how many books you read, I don't care how many studies you do. Actually for a matter of fact, I didn't know what homosexuality was till' I was 13, and I figured out I was gay later that year. It wasn't "developed," it wasn't "chosen subconsciously." You're clearly using those words for a better lack of a word.

Reactions: Mamoru

N o i r

Kin
93💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

First off, you don't choose your sexuality. It's quite a simple question, Aim. "When did you wake up in the morning and decide I like women or I like men? It's not a question you ask yourself." Also it's not a unconscious decision you make; it's a hormone balance (I'm not sure, but I'm gay so I think I would know.) Also you counter-dict yourself every time you type and waist of a post. I have never, subconsciously made a decision I wasn't aware of at the time. Never in my life. I don't care how many books you read, I don't care how many studies you do. Actually for a matter of fact, I didn't know what homosexuality was till' I was 13, and I figured out I was gay later that year. It wasn't "developed," it wasn't "chosen subconsciously." You're clearly using those words for a better lack of a word.
Why do you argue with monkeys? they won't change their views, simpleton individuals who follow how this society was structured without thinking for themselves or allow religion to brainwash them into believing that homosexuality is a "life style" are nothing but the filth that prevents this world from being a better place.
I personally find others who think oppressing another human being is fine, repulsing. I may not be gay but I support the LGBT.

Last edited:

Mamoru

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're not 100% secure of your sexuality m8, I had guys hit on me. I take it as a compliment that someone of the same gender would consider me good enough but I just tell them "not how I roll"
My best buddy hit on me, we're still friends.
I like lesbians too, but wouldn't try to hook up with one or try to "convert her" like some dudes try.

Mutual respect for both sides.

I personally don't want to watch what doesn't appeal to me, so change the channel, why bash and throw hate. Children are fine, grown individuals with your mind set are the problem in society. I find your kind of people sickening.
You have my props. I wish more people had this frame of thinking. And you're the first guy I've seen that wouldn't try to convert a lesbian too.

Hippy

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I had an idea when I was 5 and was corrected saying you cant like guys. Find out I ran into some different stuff on the internet... and I knew from that point >_>. Just was in a very long denial because how everyone says gays will burn, and all the hatred to people loving who they want to love, by people who honor the bible but will be quick to say "I'm a christian but I don't always love thy neighbor".

Aim64C

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

When did I decide I like women?

I'm very practical about it. I grew up with a loving mother and father. They would always talk to me as if I were an adult, and they would always try to pass on parenting tips even from a very early age. It didn't occur to me until much, much later that two of my mother's closest friends were lesbians - they were always aunts to me. So it wasn't like I was sheltered from it, either.

I always had girls as some of my closer friends in life. There were the two girls down the street who I regarded as sisters. There was always some girl at my day-care who I would pal around with (and I was known for beating the shit out of the boys who picked on the girls - honestly no recollection of that, but that's the stories my daycare told about me). Up through the second grade, I always sat next to a girl who rode my bus (which was around the time we moved). Then, in the second grade - I held a crush on a girl until we moved again in the sixth grade.

But my tastes developed over time, as well - and were heavily influenced by a high-school e-relationship type of thing. That was where my tastes started to shift toward the curvier profiles - largely because she had the curvy build. Up until that point - my tastes were largely along the lines of what was portrayed in movies as the ideal.

So, yes, it's a sense that has been developed. I have always been making the choice to pursue a relationship with a girl for a number of reasons.

It cannot be explained with simple chemical balances. Numerous studies have shown that chemical therapies do not work to 'correct' sexual preference. If it were a simple issue of biochemistry, human sexuality would not be as complex as it is. As a species, we shift from monogamy to polygamy very readily depending upon the balance of maternal and paternal political powers. In times of plenty and where individuals are allowed to learn and apply trades - we pair off with a huge amount of cuckoldry and competition to possess each other. In times of strife and where political power becomes centralized - powerful men tend harems consisting of women who broker for their offspring to inherit that political power.

Then you get concepts of heterosexuality, homosexuality, bisexuality - and all of the fetishes within.

Biochemistry, at best, is a medium for far more complicated neurological causes. And when it comes to neurology, meditation has the ability to re-wire the brain in ways that science is only beginning to uncover (much less understand). So, bluntly, the argument that you were "born this way" is hopelessly ignorant.

Now.

Do I hold that against you as a person? No. Do I expect you to change who you are and have become because of my beliefs? No. While I may believe you are short-changing yourself and that no homosexual relationship can reach the depth of a similarly matched heterosexual relationship - that is my belief, and I do not believe it is some kind of irreconcilable sin that is going to banish you from some variety of heaven (if anything - it is those who seek to set up an exclusive heaven who will end up finding themselves in a lonely hell all to their own person). You are free to live life and make decisions, even if I believe they are sub-optimal. Just as heterosexual people are free to live in sub-optimal relationships that I think are not fulfilling for the people involved (or outright destructive to their emotional health).

Just because I can sit here and point out how it is a neurological state that is developed from a variety of factors does not mean you are suddenly going to find me campaigning for some variety of law.

I'm a libertarian. The only people who I care to persecute are politicians who are, at best, a necessary evil. The less they do, and the fewer laws they write, the better. We, as free thinking people, can figure these petty differences out without their help. It is their insistence upon writing laws for everything (and our belief that they need to write laws) that causes much of the unnecessary hostility in the discussions about issues such as abortion, drug use/abuse, homosexual marriage, and civil rights/liberties in general.

I've had discussions about homosexuality around a lot of people, and it worries me how my standpoint absolutely blows the minds of many.

".... I don't get it. You think it isn't right... but that it should still be legal?"

And this is from people who think it should be legal.

It worries me because the concept of individual morality is merging with the concept of ethical legislation. In other words - people can't separate their sense of right and wrong from what laws are right and wrong. People are willing to write laws based on their personal sense of morals and force it upon a much larger group of people (who may or may not agree).

That completely invalidates the principles of a government with enumerated and limited powers. Which does not bode well for our future, if so few people can separate personal beliefs from legislative/political beliefs.

Why do you argue with monkeys? they won't change their views, simpleton individuals who follow how this society was structured without thinking for themselves or allow religion to brainwash them into believing that homosexuality is a "life style" are nothing but the filth that prevents this world from being a better place.
Well, aren't you a pretentious little prick.

So, please explain to me how you are a free thinking individual. Please, share with this monkey your many free and liberating thoughts on the issue.

Remember, it's hard to light a candle; easy to curse the dark, instead.

I personally find others who think oppressing another human being is fine, repulsing. I may not be gay but I support the LGBT.
I'm sure someone as vocal as you has some very interesting stories involving your exceptional support of this crowd.

With so many oppressive types such as myself out there, I'm sure you're quite the hero.