[Discussion] Whats your thoughts on the internets effect on society?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
With the internet its created a new experience where all informations attainable, your connected to people around the world and can have anonymous social experience.

And lessons I get from it is how people really are behind closed doors and how powerful group think is.

I wonder have people always been this divided and internet just showcasing it or if its pushing people to be divided.

When people get online they're in their own social bubble and in that bubble theres segregation and divide example the naruto fandom that's what basic social groups like where certain groups control the dialogue and its constant bickering. In past couple years politics has more and more become important people I guess since the information more accessible and you have large community to talk about it. And people treat politics like they're sports teams or fandoms where it's not about the issues but just blind party loyalty when both parties don't really stand it care about their positions. Also fake news has become part of discussion and people go to whatever news source which vast majority is biased but rights specifically cancerous because just propaganda which their base eats up.

We even have things like trolling part of peoples regular vocabulary in life and to me trolling is being smart and funny to get reaction online trolling usually consists of being jerks to put it nicely to get reactions. Where you harass people act racist and say these trolls are just kids and when I was a teenager with my friends act immature like that even racist jokes acceptable at that age where I was from but these are grown adults with agendas saying things like trolls affecting the election. Reading a while ago on YouTube theres groups grown men targeting infant children with sexual and violent content and alot of other things where groups organize to have sinister effects on society.

More and more I'm questioning who are people really and how easy it is to influence and trigger them for things.

SilverWolf49

Kin
251💸
Kumi
176💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Agreed. Thats just how society is, even if there is no Internet....it will be the same. Fake news, racism, troll/pranksters, harassment, fanatical politics; all that happened way before the internet. So my thoughts in how the internet effects society....its the same for me. It has a positive effect in our knowledge, technology, etc; but at the same time....it boosts the dark side of society. The internet is boosting our positive and negative side, nothing new in our history.

Ninjaibis

Kin
256💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Internet has both a positive and negative effect on society. The Internet has advanced since when it was created back in the early 80´s. Now the Internet offer´s so much knowledge including stocks, news, tips for people to better themselves. However the negative effects out weigh the positive nowadays. Since president trump has been such a huge impact both economically and emotionally the fake news,racism and threats have gone rampant. People are socially and politically brain-washed because of the media´s influence due to the internet. Not to say that violent video games and post from other´s does not help the human mind but put´s a large strain on the mind making us conflicted. Sure not everything in this world is bad, the internet offer´s various ways to help the common man advance. Also people help lift each other up in some cases. Charities form because of the internet helping a child or adult in need to get whatever they need to help their family or survive.

Reactions: Sagebee

Lady Coffee

Kin
716💸
Kumi
54💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it has both . We are now in digital age wehere its impossible to think world without computer or mobiles.

I think its matter of evolution. Was industrial era wrong ? No , because it was all created to make human efforts easy.

Are we obessed with technology that we forgot humanity as such yes there is something we need to look through.

The stats about global warming is true because we polluted earth with toxic gas . We can go for alternative however its all budget in the end. I think change is tough and complicated but if we work toghether we can achieve to achieve solution.

Reactions: Sagebee