[Discussion] What's your guys thought of the legend of korra in relation to the original avatar

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I thought it was a okay sequel I didn't really care for korra as a character she seemed pretty bland and cheap especially with the corny love drama.

They did create an interesting world but unlike the original series which had one unified story where you really built with and connected with the characters with each season keep shifting and adding new threats it killed the build up for the finale they should of had amon as the big bad of the series.

Bad Touch Yakushi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Korra herself is one of my favourite fictional characters ever and though i know TLA is more consistent, I prefer the more complex themes explored in Korra as well as seeing the characters get truly challenged in ways Aang never had to. I also adored the ending and love them for making history on Nickelodeon of all places to show a genuine and earned bi-sexual happy ending.

(Genuine depression, oedipal complexes, spiritual decay, a neo-communist uprising and issues that in general weren't just black and white in their morality like Fire Lord Ozai.)

I get what they were trying to do with Kuvira agree that literally anybody but her would've made a better FV.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't enjoy the first season, the second season was ok, third season was better than TLA, fouth season was fair.
Essentially, it became interesting when the protagonists started travelling, staying on one island (Republic city) just didn't do it for me.

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Korra herself is one of my favourite fictional characters ever and though i know TLA is more consistent, I prefer the more complex themes explored in Korra as well as seeing the characters get truly challenged in ways Aang never had to. I also adored the ending and love them for making history on Nickelodeon of all places to show a genuine and earned bi-sexual happy ending.

(Genuine depression, oedipal complexes, spiritual decay, a neo-communist uprising and issues that in general weren't just black and white in their morality like Fire Lord Ozai.)

I get what they were trying to do with Kuvira agree that literally anybody but her would've made a better FV.
I understand they wanted to tackle more mature topics but being on nick limited it and there wasnt really any characters I connected with in series either they were cheap knock offs of the first or they were paper thin characters in my opinion like korra.

Kiiszame

Regular
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The backstory on the first avatar was the best thing about the series. Truly and beautifully crafted. Those two episodes were arguably some of the best of the entire franchise.