Kin
2,929💸
Kumi
487💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Hey,
I'm a new member, though not entirely new, I joined in September, '18. And now it has become my home site. I am an otaku and animebase is just the right place to land in. I initially started with Role-playing but I dropped it and joined the Forum Games. The mafia section to be precise. When I first joined the Base, it was buzzing, I really used to have fun and people were more active then. But now I suddenly realise that, the activities are declining, I don't see many people around Interacting as before. Few sections are almost deserted. When I look at few threads, the last post days give me creeps. I see many guests visiting the threads, you guys can actually sign up and interact, it won't take long to register. There was a time when we easily got 20-28 players in a mafia game, now we need to persuade people from different site to come and join the game to fill those 14-15 players list. It really bothers me for I love this forum so much, and I want it like before.
I want to ask the admins @Rei @Zise about your visions rather can you guys bring back the buzz like it was few times back?

Last edited:

Finalbeta

Elite
Kin
6,184💸
Kumi
29💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm still entirely down for that One Piece RP proposed not long ago. There was widespread criticism around the project still, which is a pity if we consider how many people wanted it to happen instead.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking at the forum activity is lower indeed lately.
I can't complain about this as long as myself i didn't have much time to post and rl was busyier.
The RP section is the most interesting part for me now and the forum games part.
Since Naruto ended no other manga generated so much speculations from fans and versus discussions.
Also, the new (old) writing contest is very interesting.

So to bring activity i would think at the 3 things i like the most and i check when i am online, the RP section, the Forum games and the Contests. Something can be done to improve them.

Gutsy

Legendary
Kin
999💸
Kumi
7,554💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
this place has been dead for years in many aspects due to alot of things, people moving on and such, an to me I remember it being very active before 2015 ish.

AL_sama

Regular
Kin
1,090💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was invited here to help you guys with mafia but the thing is if the members aren't interested then nothing can be done and that's just how it is for everything

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,012💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
then make others interested
The topic is not about what I can do. I am a member who has one of the shortest free time so i can't give advices, yet i am here every now and then to enjoy the site.

We are waiting here ideas from our members who do care about the site. If you have a good idea spill it, if not, don't spam the thread.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,801💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey,
I'm a new member, though not entirely new, I joined in September, '18. And now it has become my home site. I am an otaku and animebase is just the right place to land in. I initially started with Role-playing but I dropped it and joined the Forum Games. The mafia section to be precise. When I first joined the Base, it was buzzing, I really used to have fun and people were more active then. But now I suddenly realise that, the activities are declining, I don't see many people around Interacting as before. Few sections are almost deserted. When I look at few threads, the last post days give me creeps. I see many guests visiting the threads, you guys can actually sign up and interact, it won't take long to register. There was a time when we easily got 20-28 players in a mafia game, now we need to persuade people from different site to come and join the game to fill those 14-15 players list. It really bothers me for I love this forum so much, and I want it like before.
I want to ask the admins @Rei @Zise about your visions rather can you guys bring back the buzz like it was few times back?
Well that was around the time we went from NarutoBase to AnimeBase, so that created a new dynamic, but that wasn't going to last forever. You also need to know that NB was created all the way back in 2008, which was a completely different time. Now people prefer speed over comfort, so they rather spam with hundreds in a chatbox or server than a forum.

We are never going to get back the amount of activity when NB was at its zenith, but that doesn't take away that I believe there's still a niche for people who like to take their time discussing manga. There are still some projects runnings, but I leave it up to Zise and Rei to elaborate on that further when it's time.

The best strategy right now is for users to respond to the manga discussion threads that @Caliburn and @Avani are making. If users are active in those threads it will make a huge difference.
Bingo. Activity breeds activity. The moment you have a few people discussing a series each week is enough to draw in other people. It doesn't even have to be a large group. These days going from "guest" to "member" is quite a big hurdle as it means making an account, something that's a turn-off for many. So they would only do it if it's worthwhile and it's kind of hard to turn a zero into a higher number as there's only so much we can do.

Take Shokugeki no Soma for example. I've noticed the past few weeks that the weekly discussion threads amass a ridiculous large amount of views in comparison to the other series' threads, yet it barely has any posts. This most likely is because SnS is always the last one scanlated and is less known/popular than for example OP and when fans start googling, they occasionally end up here. Now if you have 4-5 people discussion the chapter each week, then these people might think it's worthwhile to make an account to join the discussions. But as said that requires a minimum amount of activity, which we don't always have and which we can't just create. In that regards members are fare more helpful than mods.

Shanks

Elite
Kin
2,712💸
Kumi
974💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well that was around the time we went from NarutoBase to AnimeBase, so that created a new dynamic, but that wasn't going to last forever. You also need to know that NB was created all the way back in 2008, which was a completely different time. Now people prefer speed over comfort, so they rather spam with hundreds in a chatbox or server than a forum.

We are never going to get back the amount of activity when NB was at its zenith, but that doesn't take away that I believe there's still a niche for people who like to take their time discussing manga. There are still some projects runnings, but I leave it up to Zise and Rei to elaborate on that further when it's time.

Bingo. Activity breeds activity. The moment you have a few people discussing a series each week is enough to draw in other people. It doesn't even have to be a large group. These days going from "guest" to "member" is quite a big hurdle as it means making an account, something that's a turn-off for many. So they would only do it if it's worthwhile and it's kind of hard to turn a zero into a higher number as there's only so much we can do.

Take Shokugeki no Soma for example. I've noticed the past few weeks that the weekly discussion threads amass a ridiculous large amount of views in comparison to the other series' threads, yet it barely has any posts. This most likely is because SnS is always the last one scanlated and is less known/popular than for example OP and when fans start googling, they occasionally end up here. Now if you have 4-5 people discussion the chapter each week, then these people might think it's worthwhile to make an account to join the discussions. But as said that requires a minimum amount of activity, which we don't always have and which we can't just create. In that regards members are fare more helpful than mods.
Well said
Post automatically merged:

I think @Caliburn is right only way to revive things is engaging more in chapter discussion.

I feel members should also take ounce if they want their friends to come back. Pretty sure they are lurking on threads waiting for a magical moment.

Geezus

Legendary
Kin
1,351💸
Kumi
19,495💴
Trait Points
70⚔️
I think the issue may lie in the fact the site no longer streams Anime or host Manga. I believe alot of past activity came from the fact that Narutobase wasn't only a place to stay up to date on the latest Manga/Anime chapters, but you could actively go back and discuss what you just read with countless others. It made for better discussions as their wasn't any middle man involved where as now its kinda a inconvenience to go its one website to read/watch your favorite series and then back here to the forum rather than like Caliburn mentioned, going into a chatbox like Discord or vice versa. The fact is the service that NB/AB used to provide has unfortunately been done away with. It was probably a issue with licensing or the such, which is a common thing. But, I think that's the main reason most of the activity and traffic to AB has died down.

I personally found the site through my search of looking to find a place to read the manga when it was uploaded once a week. NB was my go to site to stay caught up on the series. Eventually, I found my way into the forums and became active in the roleplay. This of course was all stemming from just constantly coming back to the site for the weekly uploads. I think if AB were able to get back into that business model then we would see an abundance of activity once again.

I mean don't get me wrong we are still active on her on base, we're just spread out among the various sections that many have taken an interest too. ^^

Zise

Veteran
Kin
515💸
Kumi
9,619💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Considering the circumstances I think the site stats are quite good at the moment, decent amount of guests coming. Wish more of them would register and join in on the discussions though as the community is our only content right now, so that's something we need to work on harder.

Unfortunately on the developement side of things it have slowed down a bit as it always does in the summer time due to real life. If anyone of you do have some php skills or any other skills that you think we could benefit from, and would want to help us build animebase, let us know!

kc5181

Regular
Kin
2,119💸
Kumi
234💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Looking at the forum activity is lower indeed lately.
I can't complain about this as long as myself i didn't have much time to post and rl was busyier.
The RP section is the most interesting part for me now and the forum games part.
Since Naruto ended no other manga generated so much speculations from fans and versus discussions.
Also, the new (old) writing contest is very interesting.

So to bring activity i would think at the 3 things i like the most and i check when i am online, the RP section, the Forum games and the Contests. Something can be done to improve them.
This was around the time Chrunchy roll hit Xbox, now they advertise anime week on xbox. Chances are most people communicate on Xbox Live. And it should be that way for kids because there are threats on the internet.