Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Alot of ppl believe Mihawk is a crewmate of Shanks. And I don't disagree with this notion. I will explain why?
First let's see Shanks nature a lil bit. Whenever he see a strong guy he asks him to join his group.
You must be registered to see images

Here he asked Buggy to join him.

After Roger's execution we know Shanks and Mihawk clashed

This is where he might have asked him to join him multiple times.

Note after Shanks lost his arm Mihawk never fought with Shanks.

But this incident made me think something. You see Shanks have this hype- Well Balance & Impregnable crew

This was also stressed by Kid who said he lost his arm to Red Hair Pirates. Prolly trying to stir things there.

So how did Mihawk casually enters Shanks hideout/island🤔

Also note whenever a situation like this happened how Yonkos crew reacted:

1) Blackbeard - Moria incident
Shiryu goes offensive mode & cuts Moria.

2) Shanks - WB incident
Marco asks crew to stay behind and Jozu looked pissed. Finally WB told them to stand down.

3) Oden - Roger incident
-Rayleigh & Gabban was ready to attack Oden when Roger used his attack and send Oden flying.

But we don't see this sort of stuff with Red Hair Pirates when Mihawk came

It's like they know Mihawk very well. Not to forget he came with Luffy's poster and said Shanks told him about Luffy. Note: Shanks didn't talked about Luffy with WB. But he talked about him with Mihawk. Strange don't you think?

Some more random stuffs that also kinda strange is:
1)Mihawk don't have a Jolly Roger
2)Mihawk leaving MF after Shanks entered
3)He don't have a crew
4)BB v Shanks (Shanks is 1person short currently)

All these suggest that Mihawk is prolly Shanks Officer and he wanted him to infiltrate Shichibukai ranks to keep an eye on New Pirates as well as WG making a move on (as u know WG asks Shichibukai to help them when they fighting some big shots).
So do u think Mihawk is a crewmate of Shanks or he's just an ally?

Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
shank might be celestial dragon...mihawk for sure..

they could've been pirates of same crew and ended up fighting over leadership..

why a character in calibre of mihawk is working solo...what's his goal whats his mission...

does he work for injustice or justice????...cuz he seem not to be that evil guy to me..

i think mihawk works for imu sama...but i also feel like his mission is to revenge about something tragic that happened to his family or nakama..

• Haha
Reactions: Troi

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
shank might be celestial dragon...mihawk for sure..

they could've been pirates of same crew and ended up fighting over leadership..

why a character in calibre of mihawk is working solo...what's his goal whats his mission...

does he work for injustice or justice????...cuz he seem not to be that evil guy to me..

i think mihawk works for imu sama...but i also feel like his mission is to revenge about something tragic that happened to his family or nakama..
We saw Shanks was part of Roger Pirates from early childhood. And Mihawk was never stated to be part of Roger crew.

I also don't think Mihawk is anyway connected with CDs or Im Sama as that way he would have controlled CDs like Doffy did when he pulled - Shichibukai Resignation stunt. But that's not the case with Mihawk here

Notice he says it's been too long before he was last chased by Marines. This could mean he was given Shichibukai title very early in the series. Most probably when he clashed with Shanks. I feel in one of those battles Mihawk either lost
or accepted Shanks offer becoming his crewmate.

Note Mihawk says he doesn't want to settle his score with Shanks. What score? Unless he lost one of the bouts.

I think after that Shanks thought putting Mihawk in Shichibukai will help him getting insider info of Marines and what they trying to do when they go for big shots.
I mean he knew about MF and the security details. He casually intercepted Akainu and nobody even noticed Red Hair Pirates have entered MF.

And note by this time Marines were winning the said war. So Mihawk most probably gave away the intel to Shanks and then decided to leave the war.

WhistleBlower

Supreme
Kin
4,460💸
Kumi
1,041💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
An ally, would explain why the redhaired pirates didn't react to hawkeyes arriving on their island. Usually big figures with firm haki can sense others like with the Oden flashback; roger pirates etc.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
An ally, would explain why the redhaired pirates didn't react to hawkeyes arriving on their island. Usually big figures with firm haki can sense others like with the Oden flashback; roger pirates etc.
I thought about Mihawk being the ally of Red Hair Pirates. Rather I believed that for good number of years but then why there are still few answers which we don't get:

1)Why no Jolly Roger or Crew
- I mean all the pirates have 1 Jolly roger except Mihawk

2)How he can find Shanks so easily on that Island
-Given the Hype of Impregnable and stuff he found Red Hair Pirates hideout easily as if he got a Vivre Card

3)Why did Shanks share about Luffy's story with Mihawk
- This one in particular makes me think that Mihawk was sent to East Blue to find if Luffy has started his voyage or not

Last edited:
Reactions: WhistleBlower

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I thought about Mihawk being the ally of Red Hair Pirates. Rather I believed that for good number of years but then why there are still few answers which we don't get:

1)Why no Jolly Roger or Crew
- I mean all the pirates have 1 Jolly roger except Mihawk

2)How he can find Shanks so easily on that Island
-Given the Hype of Impregnable and stuff he found Red Hair Pirates hideout easily as if he got a Vivre Card

3)Why did Shanks share about Luffy's story with Mihawk
- This one in particular makes me think that Mihawk was sent to East Blue to find if Luffy has started his voyage or not

tute only pirate crew wit big ships can have jely roger...mihawk have non of tiz requirements...

now u not seen how nihawk love cut big pirate shipz with his sword????....dont that mean he has some gurge toward piratez???..

u know wut??? only a mihowk flashback can annswer all your kestionz...

what kind of childhood u think mihawk had?????.

• Haha

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
tute only pirate crew wit big ships can have jely roger...mihawk have non of tiz requirements...
Not true. Weevil has a Jolly Roger.

And he's what 2 man Crew currently.
Mihawk himself was traveling with Perona for good period. So Ideally he should have one considering the fact he was also a Shichibukai.

now u not seen how nihawk love cut big pirate shipz with his sword????....dont that mean he has some gurge toward piratez???..

u know wut??? only a mihowk flashback can annswer all your kestionz...

what kind of childhood u think mihawk had?????.
Cutting pirate Ship doesn't mean he hates them. We saw Zoro cutting one after Time skip.
Also we saw Oda draw a kid Mihawk with bruises. He looks like he also stated training early like Zoro.

Besides if he hated Pirates he would have joined Marines or Cipher Pol not Shichibukai as they are what Privateers in this world.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not true. Weevil has a Jolly Roger.

And he's what 2 man Crew currently.
Mihawk himself was traveling with Perona for good period. So Ideally he should have one considering the fact he was also a Shichibukai.

Cutting pirate Ship doesn't mean he hates them. We saw Zoro cutting one after Time skip.
Also we saw Oda draw a kid Mihawk with bruises. He looks like he also stated training early like Zoro.

Besides if he hated Pirates he would have joined Marines or Cipher Pol not Shichibukai as they are what Privateers in this world.
but weevel is just trying to imitate wb..

• Haha

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
but weevel is just trying to imitate wb..
U see it's not about imitation. We saw Leo now have a Jolly Roger

n they got what smallest pirate ship in this verse. Or how about Ideo who got like a 4man group. Even he has a Jolly Roger

But to better explain u should see this one

Sabo also flying his flag even though he was 1 man crew. So ideally Mihawk also should have one.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
U see it's not about imitation. We saw Leo now have a Jolly Roger

n they got what smallest pirate ship in this verse. Or how about Ideo who got like a 4man group. Even he has a Jolly Roger

But to better explain u should see this one

Sabo also flying his flag even though he was 1 man crew. So ideally Mihawk also should have one.
yes but they had intention to become pirates...and serve for other great fleets...did mihawk had these intentions????..

• Haha

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yes but they had intention to become pirates...and serve for other great fleets...did mihawk had these intentions????..
U say they had intentions to serve pirates or become one. Isn't the same thing Mihawk is doing 🤔

I mean he taught Zoro during the timeskip. Hang out with Shanks, Perona in the story and even attended meeting when other Shichibukai were called by Marines.

So what's a Shichibukai? It was explained in Ch 69

That they were one of the 3 Great Power in this verse.

Note they are 7 Pirates who are officially sanctioned to do WG bidding as long as they share apart of their loot.
So Mihawk has to share loot with the WG to keep his status. Atleast that's what Manga says.

This is why after Shichibukai system is abolished we see Marines hunting Mihawk too.

Nox

Regular
Kin
1,096💸
Kumi
4,146💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The connection is that they're Swordsmen who're developed a Rivalry that blossomed into Friendship. Mihawk and Shanks had legendary duels and that he returned from East Blue handicapped would be subject of conversation. Shanks and Whitebeard were enemies and hadn't spoken in ages. Yet, he didn't hesitate to confide he'd bet on Luffy. We've known since 99 Mihawk ventured to E.B to chase Krieg down. The whole relationship between Shanks and Mihawk is build on them being peers. His subordination to him is akin to finding out Whitebeard was a Roger Pirate. The Yonko examples you gave are flawed as none of those characters had a friendly history. When Smoker tells Luffy he'll capture him Zoro was apprehensive. When Koby mentions it he smiled and welcomed the possibility. Context.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The connection is that they're Swordsmen who're developed a Rivalry that blossomed into Friendship. Mihawk and Shanks had legendary duels and that he returned from East Blue handicapped would be subject of conversation. Shanks and Whitebeard were enemies and hadn't spoken in ages. Yet, he didn't hesitate to confide he'd bet on Luffy. We've known since 99 Mihawk ventured to E.B to chase Krieg down. The whole relationship between Shanks and Mihawk is build on them being peers. His subordination to him is akin to finding out Whitebeard was a Roger Pirate. The Yonko examples you gave are flawed as none of those characters had a friendly history. When Smoker tells Luffy he'll capture him Zoro was apprehensive. When Koby mentions it he smiled and welcomed the possibility. Context.
I agree with the point that they had a rivalry going on which ended after Shanks lost his arm. But the point which is to be noted that Shanks never said about that he met a kid in East blue n stuff to WB.

Note - He said he bet on New Age. Very smart.

The only person other than Mihawk with whom he shared the story of Luffy is Rayleigh(his former VC).

Now just think why will he tell the story about Luffy to his rival?
Why will Mihawk simply abandon his position in war when Shanks enter MF?
Why no jolly Roger or crew?

Don't you think all these questions sounds sketchy unless Mihawk is an officer of Shanks.