Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Besides the general bickering of fandoms other toxic behavior of maybe how they treat author or things they do or say.

Shipping fandoms I see usually take this most extreme with huge members harassing authors of fandom members.

Naruto was a unique dumpster fire a fandom never seen one divide a fandom as much as it does and lead confrontation or just people clearly agitated by fictional characters.

JoanaTak

Kin
1,284💸
Kumi
48💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was gonna say Naruto. The amount of solo stans hate on each other, like Sakura's and Ino's fanbase is extreme LMAO. There are also those people who are "woke" about something, and don't accept anybody else's opinion lol

My Hero Academia's fanbase might be even worse though

Reactions: Sagebee

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends on what you are referring to. e.g.

Naruto had the large readership. so more people talked abut it. Keep in mind that most of the toxicity came with late comers in the manga and the pairing lovers. They were not engrossed in the story. Half the time they were not readng the chapter at all or speed reading it, having read spoilers. They missed many explanations and would still bicker.

Secondly, Naruto related forums attracted most activities. Result was there were always a considerable number of people who read it only to criticize it or trolled in the section because they mistakenly assumed that if Narut was not there, their favourite fandom would get larger attention. Or they were hanging in the section because their own fandoms were hardly active.

If we are to look beyond these problems of loud mouths, most of the readers of Naruto were silent fans- the difference in number of visitor since it ended is a good indication. Then it's a small number which thought they were all to it only because others didn't bother commenting on the forum.

Over all there are always going to be more trolls and bickering if the series has more readers. Most toxic ones from my POV are the ones where the series has a cult status. They attack most viciously.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Usually when we talk about "fandoms" we're mostly talking about a specific group of people within a fanbase rather than the series itself, so for example:

Naruto fans would do this thing where they would bash on anyone who didn't read or watch the series, while at the same time putting down other animes or mangas that would be compared to it. So not only would this fanbase have issues within their own community, they would also bring outside fanbases into the mix and start drama with them. This was not only seen as very toxic but also very one dimensional because this would also assume that most Naruto fans were not very diverse when it came to anime.

But, I've come to the realization that the One Piece fandom is far worse, because unlike with the obvious boasting of your own favorite series, or even putting other fanbases down, this community is full of elitists. They see no flaws in Oda's work. They praise the author no matter what. They constantly bash and get defensive when a low point is called out in the story, and even think that One Piece is seen as the best of all time. At least in the previous Naruto community you would have people calling out shit for what it is, even if there were huge fanboys or fangirls of certain characters. No constructive criticisms from the OP community other than "this chapter was great or good" which not only portrays this community as dry but also unenthusiastic, but this is partly the fault of the way the story has been going, which has not been very good.

*A lot of people like to include the DBZ fandom, but let's be honest, most of them are a bunch of idiots, not ever to be taken seriously, when they think the likes of Goku is a "well written character" then there's really no discussion to be had.

Rej

Veteran
Kin
2,789💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haikyuu and Naruto/Boruto

Its facts that these shows attract younger people and them staning and arguing over characters ends toxic.

One Piece and MHA are also up there.
But OP delivers enough material to splitt the community and this is wanted by the author.

MHA is overall super toxic for the internet. It hit hard on the Doujinshi and hentai scene and it is something the creators are even pushing.
Ergo the resulting toxic community.

HowDidIGetPrem

Elite
Kin
5,803💸
Kumi
1,192💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't really think any of them are that special. It really depends on which series has the younger demographic. Other than that, the only other difference I can see is how highly a fandom regards the series they read. I guess Boruto fandom is the most toxic? Half of us are here just to thrash on the series lol. Mm, scratch that. Maybe Naruto does deserve the title. I remember when there'd be a heap of "Sakura useless," "Sakura doesn't know what's good for her," and "Naruto deserves Sakura" types of posts every day. The sexism was crazy af. People would whine about Sakura liking Sasuke because Sasuke treated her bad, but never sling any of that at Naruto. Pure sexism. Why should Naruto like Sakura & Sasuke if they always wanted to beat his ass? The worst I've seen out of any of the other communities is how One Piece fans regard Big Mom and the MHA fandom lusting over literally every female char.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Besides the general bickering of fandoms other toxic behavior of maybe how they treat author or things they do or say.

Shipping fandoms I see usually take this most extreme with huge members harassing authors of fandom members.

Naruto was a unique dumpster fire a fandom never seen one divide a fandom as much as it does and lead confrontation or just people clearly agitated by fictional characters.
Shounen anime/manga in general. They treat that genre like it's the walking jesus.

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Usually when we talk about "fandoms" we're mostly talking about a specific group of people within a fanbase rather than the series itself, so for example:

Naruto fans would do this thing where they would bash on anyone who didn't read or watch the series, while at the same time putting down other animes or mangas that would be compared to it. So not only would this fanbase have issues within their own community, they would also bring outside fanbases into the mix and start drama with them. This was not only seen as very toxic but also very one dimensional because this would also assume that most Naruto fans were not very diverse when it came to anime.

But, I've come to the realization that the One Piece fandom is far worse, because unlike with the obvious boasting of your own favorite series, or even putting other fanbases down, this community is full of elitists. They see no flaws in Oda's work. They praise the author no matter what. They constantly bash and get defensive when a low point is called out in the story, and even think that One Piece is seen as the best of all time. At least in the previous Naruto community you would have people calling out shit for what it is, even if there were huge fanboys or fangirls of certain characters. No constructive criticisms from the OP community other than "this chapter was great or good" which not only portrays this community as dry but also unenthusiastic, but this is partly the fault of the way the story has been going, which has not been very good.

*A lot of people like to include the DBZ fandom, but let's be honest, most of them are a bunch of idiots, not ever to be taken seriously, when they think the likes of Goku is a "well written character" then there's really no discussion to be had.
imo naroto manga is better manga then one piece on many tings..