[Discussion] What were the missed opportunities in Wano arc?

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Now when the Wano and post Wano arc is officially finished. I feel there were lotsa stuff that Oda missed or purposefully didn't showed for some reasons. Some of them I listed below:-

1)Sea stone;
- Remember Hawkins saying sea stones came from Wano:
You must be registered to see images

This was kinda interesting as they got a weapons factory in Wano and should have more stuff relating sea stones. But we didn't got much from this arc.

-There should have been few pages which showed how they created those sea stones and how they made some of the weapons like Smokers (which has sea stone in it).

2)Poneglyphs;
- Remember Neko saying Kozukis were master craftsmen who built Poneglyphs:

Nobody talked about this in Wano. How they built those stuff? How they transported those blocks? Why road Poneglyphs were kept in said location? Why Kozukis don't know abt Joyboy even though they wrote his apology letter to Fishman?
It was kinda bizzare that Robin and Oden's dad didn't talked about this at all.

-There should have been one dedicated chapter regarding this one.

3) Ryuma;
- Remember when Zoro wanted to visit Ryuma's grave:

This one I am pretty sure Oda forgot. Not only Zoro has to give away his goto sword Shusui but he didn't even went to Ryuma's grave. Something that is pointed by everyone who believes Wano was rushed and the ending wasn't that good.

-There should have been couple of pages were various characters paying respect to Ashura n Izo's while Zoro went to Ryuma's.

4)Onimaru;
The fox that used to travel with his master:

I never understand why he fought Zoro? Why guarding those graves? Why sudden change of heart and give those swords to the alliance?

-He should have went to Onigashima and prolly should have perished like Ashura. If not then he should have gone with Zoro and accept him as his new master. Could have helped Zoro with his terrible direction sense.

5) Big Mom Pirates;
BM brought a good chunk of her crew:

That being said only Perospero was the only BMP who played any role in the arc. Other BMP like Smoothie remained useless.

-I feel Smoothie should have went there and clashed with Jinbei.

6) CP0;
Cipher Pol went there to collect Intel and Robin

They did literally nothing to catch Robin. They were there just to click pictures lol.

-The tall CP0 guy should have fought with Brook when he was carrying Robin. That way we would have atleast see that they tried to catch Robin and missed.

7)Zunisha;
The big elephant went to Wano and Oda almost trolled Luffy's DF

I remember when spoilers came out alot of ppl thought Elders were talking about Zunisha's Df and not GGnM. But the worst part was Zunisha literally did nothing. He just went there to announce that Joyboy is back.

-If he can't give us the betrayal part then he could have atleast gave something like a glimpse of real Joyboy and Zunisha.

8)God Valley Incident;
Sengoku and Garp talked about Rocks and God Valley Incident

This was huge no doubt about that but Oda completely skipped God Valley incident from Kaido's flashback was kinda bad. I believe this is a big reason many don't see Kaido as a well written villain like Doffy.

-There should have been couple of pages of God valley incident in Kaido's flashback like he getting defeated by Roger. BM then drag his a** to safety which would have explained the debt part. The whole part could have been written well if Oda properly shown some part of God Valley Incident.

9) Hawkins;
This guy had same bounty as Zoro pre TS who knew his future

That being said this guy was nothing more than a punching bag throughout Wano. Heck he saw he would have lost in the Raid yet he went there.

-He should have never went there in first place. That way Killer could prolly fight someone like Smoothie (who could have been a better combatants than Hawkins).

10) Numbers;
They were PH failed experiments

As villainous group they were like joke.

-Oda should have connected them with Thriller bark silhouette. That way we can understand what they were doing there i.e Searching for Moria on Kaido's order.

I feel Wano being the biggest arc should have shown some of the above rather than Luffy fighting the sumo guy(at the beginning) or Kanjuro and Orochi part who just don't want to die(at the end). This made Wano a very incomplete arc where half of the stuff was not explained at all.
Feel free if you want to add more or don't agree with the above.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't they say the poneglyph knowledge was passed down from Kozuki head to head but Oden left before learning or he died before he could tell Momo. None of the other citizens were said to know about them or how to read them iirc.

Ryuma's grave doesn't have to be shown now, it can come up when the information becomes relevant to the plot line for Zoro.

God valley just like Ryuma's grave aren't forgotten just because they aren't discussed as soon as you would like. People seem to forget this is One Piece, where something from chapter 20 can pop back up in chapter 800.
The numbers weren't the shadows at Thriller Bark though so why should he have connected them?

Cp0 there was too much chaos to steal Robin.

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Didn't they say the poneglyph knowledge was passed down from Kozuki head to head but Oden left before learning or he died before he could tell Momo. None of the other citizens were said to know about them or how to read them iirc.
The Poneglyphs was clan effort as seen in Neko's dialogue.
More ppl knew abt the language (who left Wano) thats why those Poneglyphs were found in various parts of the OPverse.
In wano they most prolly restricted to the head of the Kozukis.

Ryuma's grave doesn't have to be shown now, it can come up when the information becomes relevant to the plot line for Zoro.

God valley just like Ryuma's grave aren't forgotten just because they aren't discussed as soon as you would like. People seem to forget this is One Piece, where something from chapter 20 can pop back up in chapter 800.
The numbers weren't the shadows at Thriller Bark though so why should he have connected them?
That's the problem. They took away the sword and didn't even give the scene where Zoro was paying respect to Ryuma's grave(where most prolly the sword is kept now).

Same goes for God valley incident. Oda dropped the bomb that Yonkos were part of Rocks n there's a good chance the alliance between BM n Kaido will resurface Rocks era. That being said nothing was shown from that incident (when we got Kaido's flashback was kinda sad).

Besides what's the point of showing stuff like Zoro visiting Ryuma's grave (in flashback) say in Egghead or Elbaf island(prolly where the series go next).
God valley i can understand but you are showing one of the strongest villain in the series who was there but not showing what happened tiny bit was strange. His flashback even missed Shanks (who he considers as top 5 ppl he ever met) n the skirmish that took place during Paramount war. I doubt Oda gonna show that later.

Cp0 there was too much chaos to steal Robin.
If i m not wrong CP0 told elders they still have a chance to catch Nico Robin but honestly they never even tried. They had all the intel in the world n they did nothing. The only chance they had was during raid but that guy went for Rooftop n prolly died for nothing 🤦
Other dude just ran off.