What was it about Heath Ledger that was so great?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I never understood why people loved his Joker so much, like I keep watching that movie trying to understand but it goes over my head.
Was it cus he was sort of like a moriarty to sherlock holmes?

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never understood why people loved his Joker so much, like I keep watching that movie trying to understand but it goes over my head.
Was it cus he was sort of like a moriarty to sherlock holmes?
It was just his charisma. It wasn't just that role either it was in general, he was fantastic in A Knight's Tale too and even though I didn't really care for the movie overall he was good in 10 Things I Hate About You also.

Low key I feel like this question is really why do people like his Joker more than Phoenix's.??? If that's where you were getting I'd say because it was better. Looked more like him(neither looked exactly which is why I say "more like") Acted more like him. There seemingly was no real reason behind his actions "Some men, just want to watch the world burn" whereas "Arthur's" actions all stemmed from anger and his perception of disdain from the world around him.

Plus I mean, that opening scene. Come on man. That moment was one of the most Joker things in these movies. You had crime, you had organization, you had suspense, you had action, you had betrayal and you had jokes.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It was just his charisma. It wasn't just that role either it was in general, he was fantastic in A Knight's Tale too and even though I didn't really care for the movie overall he was good in 10 Things I Hate About You also.

Low key I feel like this question is really why do people like his Joker more than Phoenix's.??? If that's where you were getting I'd say because it was better. Looked more like him(neither looked exactly which is why I say "more like") Acted more like him. There seemingly was no real reason behind his actions "Some men, just want to watch the world burn" whereas "Arthur's" actions all stemmed from anger and his perception of disdain from the world around him.

Plus I mean, that opening scene. Come on man. That moment was one of the most Joker things in these movies. You had crime, you had organization, you had suspense, you had action, you had betrayal and you had jokes.
Trust me I know I have always wondered this, long before Joaquin Phoneix Joker came out. I'm not interested in a debate about that.

It's more like trying to get inspiration, like how do I process, Heath Leadger's portrayal.

You say he had charisma, I can understand that I think I have met some people who are like energy sources.

I think I get that he was sort of like, not the typical mobster, cus he was also fighting the mob. Like he wasn't just another criminal he was like stepping up the game.
Post automatically merged:

It seems like Heath's portrayal will never be topped, it's like people could try and copy him a thousand times like that Jerome Joker or they could try to do something else with the character like the Phoenix Joker but it seems like nobody will ever touch his portrayal.