NaNaNaaaaa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This may not be the best place to ask, seeing as its often sarcasm central but. Say you have a friend, much younger than you, who you considered a sibling as much as your blood siblings. Lets say you spoil them a little and care about
there welfare, you chat on and off every day and you have the habit of being a bit mothering. Then one day for no reason they seem to be giving you the cold shoulder.

Over the coming weeks you become a little irritated because they wont tell you why they don't seem as friendly and so you keep on which gets on their nerves and ends in a huge argument. Now neither one is talking to the other and though you have made small overtures of friendliness they have gone ignored, plus you are too stubborn to make big ones, like actual talking.

And the only time you did speak to them they told you to leave them alone and basically that they hated you. Yet, you haven't behaved any differently, it seems they just became bored of you. You have other people you talk to but this person you considered like a sibling.

Do you think it is worth attempting repairing the friendship?

Or just to let it go.

I am torn but mostly leaning towards letting it go, when someone treats you like that, it pretty much pisses you off, at the same time I keep thinking, maybe I was too mothering but it wasn't an issue before and I have behaved the same...but I have been going through a lot and maybe I came across in a way I don't realize, I don't wanna be a douche and I do miss them. I don't have any younger siblings.

Chibiusa

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's best to let it go. Even if you two do make up, things will never be the same. The best you can hope for is to not be enemies but trust me, you'll never be the same again

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
''People respect it when someone they are distant from is boring and harmless. However, they only like that person because he or she doesn't get in their way. No human would want to hang around a boring person.'' - Featherine.

Maybe your friend is going through some hard stuff and he doesn't want you to get involved. I'll say. Give that friend of yours some time and then try to speak w/him again. If he still the same then yea, drop the nuclear bombs.

Desiigner

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, I do have a younger sibling so I can kinda relate to this.

First to the other person's behaviour.
"Tossing you away" (don't take it too harsh) could either mean that he does not need such a mother figure anymore, or he wants to see if you will try to "save" him again.
I find it very unlikely for him/her to dislike you all of a sudden, it's probably just for attention, or he/she has some problems right now but doesn't know who to talk to or how to talk about them.

As for repairing a friendship, I would always go for it. Maybe that's because I think of the best in humans, and always ask myself that there always has to be a reason for a person doing something. I think it's always worth it. I know that it can be exhausting and annoying, but I think that if you still are interested in a friendship, you should do anything you can in order to maintain it.

Hope I could help. =)

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I remember when my best friend, Damien died. I was 11 and he was 10. It broke my heart to pieces, because I loved him like he was my brother. There was a lot of good times between us. We were obsessed with WWE, which was called WWF at the time during the Attitude Era. His favorite wrestler was Undertaker and mine was Kane. And this boy LOVED my mother's cooking :lmao:

When he died, it crushed me. I couldn't stop crying. I loved him so much. It was so hard to let go. And I finally did a few years later. I know I'll see him again in Heaven one day.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Let them decide. Tell them that you are sorry that you got on their nerves and that u were just worried. Tell them that u really do care. Ask them if u did something to make them dislike you and if they continue to give u the cold shoulder after all that then say that 'if they don't care then u don't either. U won't try to speak with them anymore and u both can just go your seperate ways.'

This way your conscience is clear and u have done all that u could. If they want u they know how to contact you

Last edited:

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Just ask your friend what his or her problem is, you can try being direct or indirectly and kindly. Maybe he/she has just grown into an assh*le, if that's the case, let it go.

Last edited:

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jay Z actually expressed this same emotion.

"But let's not stray from what I came to say
To my beloved, think we need sometime away
They say if you love it, you should let it out its cage
And f*ck it, if it comes back you know it's there to stay"

True.

~Uzumaki~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Try to reconcile(yes, talk)
Get a third party involved(someone who knows both of you)
If all roads let nowhere then let it go....still keeping an open heart if the person changes.

Angelofchaos179

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Stick up my middle finger because if their your friend then they should'nt consider you as a friend if their gonna abandon you.

Lol, i might try to talk to the person and giv them a week

Reactions: Cresee

SSU

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I say talk it out one last time with your friend. Figure out exactly what is going on, cause it seems like you had a great relationship in the past. If it isn't something that can be changed, just try to move on. Remember that you'll find someone else eventually, and so will they.