What song are you listening to right now?

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see medias
those bridge breakdowns with the vocal maj7th harmonies and slide guitar notes are little pillows for my eardrums. and the groove is TUFF throughout, so tuff, love it. the lead female vocalist when she adds dynamic, she hits those runs like butter up or down AND in perfect polyrhythm, its silky asf. song mixes a few western styles with eastern while not sounding like a parody of western music and still sound eastern, this is dope to my ears 🤤🤤🤤

OT:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
those bridge breakdowns with the vocal maj7th harmonies and slide guitar notes are little pillows for my eardrums. and the groove is TUFF throughout, so tuff, love it. the lead female vocalist when she adds dynamic, she hits those runs like butter up or down AND in perfect polyrhythm, its silky asf. song mixes a few western styles with eastern while not sounding like a parody of western music and still sound eastern, this is dope to my ears 🤤🤤🤤
There is a lot of talent around the world. She is a folk singer. No formal training but tradition. Started singing first to take care of the family after untimely death of her husband. The male singer is her son. There is another Coke studio song of hers along with a rap. People roasted the rap part so much that they later uploaded the song editing out the rap part sung by another singer. :whistle:

Found this song after almost two decades. No idea what they were singing or were trying to do - but I used to put last 50 seconds on a loop when I first listened to it back then. Really loved that loop feature in the music system which let me select a portion.

On November 14, 1999 in Paris, France, K J Yesudas performed the title track of this Album - AHIMSA- at UNESCO Millenium concert named Music for Peace. This Song Composed by Ricardo J Barrantes & Robin Stever.

• Wow
Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There is a lot of talent around the world. She is a folk singer. No formal training but tradition. Started singing first to take care of the family after untimely death of her husband. The male singer is her son. There is another Coke studio song of hers along with a rap. People roasted the rap part so much that they later uploaded the song editing out the rap part sung by another singer. :whistle:

Found this song after almost two decades. No idea what they were singing or were trying to do - but I used to put last 50 seconds on a loop when I first listened to it back then. Really loved that loop feature in the music system which let me select a portion.

On November 14, 1999 in Paris, France, K J Yesudas performed the title track of this Album - AHIMSA- at UNESCO Millenium concert named Music for Peace. This Song Composed by Ricardo J Barrantes & Robin Stever.
yeah i feel that, i also taught myself how to sing and play instruments. some stuff just makes perfect sense ya know? i had to learn how to communicate it to others in ways that werent abstract though. not a lot of music artists and musicians you can tell to play like velvet raindrops and they understand without you showing them. though i wasnt really feeling the sons performance but thats interesting info, i definitely like Bhanvari Devi. but yo now im curious how struggle that persons bars had to be for the production company to go back and edit them out, thats brutal lol

you could make a ringtone out of that outro section if you wanted. could be cool, but i get the appeal of that part

OT:

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,398💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yeah i feel that, i also taught myself how to sing and play instruments. some stuff just makes perfect sense ya know? i had to learn how to communicate it to others in ways that werent abstract though. not a lot of music artists and musicians you can tell to play like velvet raindrops and they understand without you showing them. though i wasnt really feeling the sons performance but thats interesting info, i definitely like Bhanvari Devi. but yo now im curious how struggle that persons bars had to be for the production company to go back and edit them out, thats brutal lol

you could make a ringtone out of that outro section if you wanted. could be cool, but i get the appeal of that part

OT:

Ohh.. no no.. I worded it badly. Not the studio. People among the audience re-uploaded editing out the rap. . Coke Studio has an annoying habit of mixing two different moods and totally different set of songs, which more often than not, give very jarring results.

• Love
Reactions: GrapeApe

GrapeApe

Regular
Kin
2,900💸
Kumi
15💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards