What shouldn't of been added into the series?

Europa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In this thread I am going to make a small list of events, techniques, or even characters that just shouldn't of been added into the Naruto Universe. Feel free to disagree, make your own lists, or comment on my own.

You must be registered for see images

Kamui

Kamui, namely Kakashi's variant of the Mangekyou technique, is a plain insult to the series and Kakashi's character. The shinobi who was famed for copying a thousand techniques and even having created original jutsu such as raikiri turned into a common spammer with this Sharingan technique. With such a powerful technique that, up until recently he has only begun to suffer severe consequences and characters could counter it effectively. It discouraged him using different techniques that he surely has, for why would he use them when he can just use Kamui? Don't get me wrong, at first I was okay with the technique. Such as when he struggled to warp away Deidara's arm. But, later on in the series he either had used it an enormous amount instead of opting to use his plethora of techniques. Or, for the sake of the story he would not use this technique. I find it to just be sloppy writing when you need to constantly restrict a character for absolutely no reason due to them being too powerful. I.E. Why he didn't warp away the Deva path and targeted the nail projectile instead.

I am happy to see him lose the Sharingan altogether, but the damage has been done. The copy ninja was reduced to three trick cat. I can at least take Obito's Kamui a bit better, him being a major antagonist and generally they need to be powerful. Not to mention numbers combats his version near perfectly. For Kakashi's? He'll be able to comfortably defeat ninja with Kamui despite being out numbered.

The Otsutsuki Family​

Was this family really needed? Or, at least did they really need to be given the attention that Kishi has pushed onto them? I find them all to be bland, and the reincarnation story to demean both Sasuke and Naruto. That, instead of just being those who had skill and power in their own right they were promised it by being the reincarnations of the deity of the Naruto Universe. Kaguya, I won't mention too much. Other than she came out of no where and really could of just been the forerunner for Madara instead of actually taking Madara over. Hagoromo was decent, he said and did what he needed to and got out quickly. Let's hope we stays out of the picture now. But, I don't see why he was needed in the first place other than to give Naruto and Sasuke a last minute power boost. The story could of been fine without him. Let's keep him an enigma, a long since dead entity that history has eroded all but little evidence of.

The Hokage​

I don't expect many to agree with me on this one, but I feel as if other than Hashirama, Hiruzen and possibly Tobirama, they didn't have much of a purpose. Sasuke wanted answers, that is fine. Dandy. But, couldn't he have gone to the other who knows everything? Madara, who was very much around at that point. Maybe, maybe not. But the fact that we had the Hokages run around as Edo Tensei, who were practically immortal and unstoppable was just a killer of any tension the Juubi had. Not to mention they all managed to capture the Ten Tails like it was a mere pet, caging it. I mean, really? Couldn't Sasuke, Naruto, and the Alliance have had done something themselves again or battled it their own way. At the very least don't make Hashirama so obnoxiously powerful. When Obito became the Ten Tails Jinchuuriki, the mistake was corrected slightly. But the idea of the long dead now defending the living for the sake of the future just. . Was it not said the young surpass the old? I think this message got lost somewhere in this story. It might disappoint some to see the Hokage's not touched upon, but Kishi could of used different mediums to give us their stories. Much like Kushina telling Naruto what happened when he was born, we could of gotten information through others giving detailed accounts of the previous Hokage's instead.

Kurama, Naruto, Bijuu Bombs

This also won't be well liked, I feel. But I don't like what was done with Kurama and Naruto. The vicious demon that we have seen for hundreds of chapters was turned into a small child fox, crying sadly. I get that he might not have always been dark or evil. But at least have Kurama be far too gone to make a return. It's this kind of thing that made me lose interest in Naruto's character. The way he turned Kurama into a teammate, when the Kyuubi trying to break free was one of the more interesting sub plots that Naruto had going for him. The Bijuu Bomb at first was tolerable. Even when Bee used it as a perfect Jinchuuriki. But, really. Being able to spam these attacks as if they were nothing when each can comfortably destroy a mountain is just asinine. It puts Naruto, the under dog, on a whole new level. Yes, he should eventually break free from the original weak and sloppy characteristics Kishi had set for Naruto. But, that was just a massive jump in power that made me feel uncomfortable. Even for Bee, spamming these attacks isn't interesting in the least. There's no enjoyment from massive energy spheres hitting each other. At least, that's not the reason I was drawn to the series in the first place. Kyuubi Chakra Mode I could tolerate, as there were negative side effects and his power wasn't quite at the tipping point. But as soon as he got full access to Kurama...

So, my miniature rant is over. I hope I didn't offend or bother anyone with it. What do you think either hurt the series or just wasn't worth the time to introduce?

Reactions: cafe123

Europa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Plot Shield.

Naturally.
You could of just said the whole manga sucks ass, Jesus. lol
The manga has a lot of good idea's and characters. But, ever since around the start of the War Arc Kishi's just gone down a route I didn't care for.
Agree with the first two, but not the last two.
I imagined the last two wouldn't be overly popular.

@Everyone Else: This isn't the entire series, or. . It wasn't once all of it. And no, I don't hate the manga.

Europa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Add one more thing; Hinata
Eh, she just should of gotten development some three hundred chapters ago. Kishi has done maybe two or three females justice in the manga, though.
I only agree with the Kamui thing but everything else is pure garbage.
Alright, I don't expect everyone to have the same views as I do.
I don't agree with the Hokage one, but I do agree with everything else. Especially Kurama.
The Hokage's a fickle thing. They were needed for a purpose, but having Edo tensei on the battlefield just makes things more boring. Kurama bothers me as well.

So you dislike what this series is built upon? Got it. Makes no sense, but got it.
The series was built on over coming obstacles and the dumb student gaining strength and recognition. These views were thrown out when the Prophecy was mentioned for Naruto, and stepped on when he was the Reincarnation of God's Son.

leti46

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would definitely have to say that Kaguya shouldnt have been added into the mix. It felt like the story kind of went astray with this whole black zetsu story and has gotten too ridiculous. They spent so much time building up Madara as the main antagonist for a long time even with the obito twist, only for black zetsu and kaguya to take centre stage? It seems like it was thrown in to make the story a fair bit longer but also unnecessary at the same time. They should have left it at just Madara and madara alone.

Europa

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would definitely have to say that Kaguya shouldnt have been added into the mix. It felt like the story kind of went astray with this whole black zetsu story and has gotten too ridiculous. They spent so much time building up Madara as the main antagonist for a long time even with the obito twist, only for black zetsu and kaguya to take centre stage? It seems like it was thrown in to make the story a fair bit longer but also unnecessary at the same time. They should have left it at just Madara and madara alone.
While I may not be fond of Madara; I don't see what Kaguya can add that Madara can't. The entire Aizen-esque planning that happened last chapter just sickened me. I am glad that everything and everyone was manipulated by this one being who sat in the shadows of everyone else, who was manipulating others...

Sageflash

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The series was built on over coming obstacles and the dumb student gaining strength and recognition. These views were thrown out when the Prophecy was mentioned for Naruto, and stepped on when he was the Reincarnation of God's Son.
No, it wasn't. Naruto's theme has always been unity and cooperation, and The Prophecy goes hand in hand with the tone of the story. It serves to add another dimension to the burden placed upon Naruto and Sasuke and make the intrinsic results more tangible. We could get into a whole debate over this, as people do constantly about this very topic, but it mostly comes to culture. The Western Hemisphere generally has a poor understanding of the reincarnation business than with the Asian culture, especially in the context of what they believe and what is practiced, which is the target demographic for this very story. You are free to believe as you please, but it in no way steps on the goals Naruto set or how he met them.

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
How about you take a second to rationalize. The series is built on overcoming obstacles and the dumb student making his way up, and if you have not noticed, that's exactly what's happened. Naruto is the powerful shinobi he promised us all he'd become. Seeing as how this is the end of the series, he should be where he's at. He took his curse(Kurama) and transformed it into a blessing.
I think you need clarification on what prophecy and reincarnation actually mean and how they differ from destiny. Prophecy is a prediction of an outcome. Nothing is bound to happen. Naruto being the child of prophecy means that he is the one expected to succeed. He is the main character. Naruto being the reincarnation doesn't change anything either. Being the reincarnation does not mean that your life is plotted out for you. You're still living your own life. Naruto having attributes of Ashura doesn't signify that he'll be a replica, as seen with Hashirama. Hashirama and Ashura are very different.
Naruto is still that dumb student working hard to reach his goals. Nothings changed.
You're looking at things impartially. You see Kakashi having Kamui as a bad thing, I see it as something good. If you're just looking at everything negative then of course you'd be disappointed.

Last edited: