Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Usually long running series usually fall off in the midway point and have some variation of bad ending to it being lazy, rushed, random etc...

What long running series did you enjoy all the way through

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I was thinking, but in retrospect, the ending...
Didn't you find it jarring it didn't circle back to the scene with Guts in the first episode? Because it looks like that was the angle they were shooting for
Berserk hasn’t ended yet, right? The last chapter I read (360) said there were more chapters coming.

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't read the manga. My bad. I thought this thread referred to anime, I don't know how I missed it. Is the manga good, or does it low-ball the anime?
The manga kept me wanting to read it, I don’t recall ever feeling like it was chore. I also never finished any of the anime adaptations because the original one looked too old and the newer ones had disgusting 3D animation.

But how did the anime of berserk end?

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The manga kept me wanting to read it, I don’t recall ever feeling like it was chore. I also never finished any of the anime adaptations because the original one looked too old and the newer ones had disgusting 3D animation.

But how did the anime of berserk end?
Seems I could get into the manga then, it's only got good reviews. I didn't either, you must have stopped where I stopped. There's the 90s version, which was great, then the new 3D version you're talking about that got out in 2016. The latter is rather too preposterous for my taste. It's really cringy. I honestly can't fathom watching it, as much as I prefer animation when there is one.

I guess idk, I don't consider the new adaptions so it ended during the Eclipse for me. But the way they end it leaves a lot of loose ends. It's as though they were low on budget or their content was too mature for Japan's taste and was cut off. Either way, it left a cliffhanger and it didn't bring any kind of conclusion even if not necessarily complete

Reactions: Animegoin

Animegoin

Veteran
Kin
4,124💸
Kumi
2,010💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seems I could get into the manga then, it's only got good reviews. I didn't either, you must have stopped where I stopped. There's the 90s version, which was great, then the new 3D version you're talking about that got out in 2016. The latter is rather too preposterous for my taste. It's really cringy. I honestly can't fathom watching it, as much as I prefer animation when there is one.

I guess idk, I don't consider the new adaptions so it ended during the Eclipse for me. But the way they end it leaves a lot of loose ends. It's as though they were low on budget or their content was too mature for Japan's taste and was cut off. Either way, it left a cliffhanger and it didn't bring any kind of conclusion even if not necessarily complete
Got it but yeah, you should definitely give it a read. I’m not sure if the 90s anime stuck to the manga faithfully but if it had, you may be able to skip a few chapters.

I stopped watching the 90s anime version about 2 minutes into the first episode though, I hate the way the anime looked. I also refused to watch the original Hunter X Hunter for the same reason lol.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Legendary
Kin
375💸
Kumi
87💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Got it but yeah, you should definitely give it a read. I’m not sure if the 90s anime stuck to the manga faithfully but if it had, you may be able to skip a few chapters.

I stopped watching the 90s anime version about 2 minutes into the first episode though, I hate the way the anime looked. I also refused to watch the original Hunter X Hunter for the same reason lol.
According to many, it did, at least as far as I've researched, as I contemplate getting into the manga. I'm not sure I'd like starting from beginning, I'll skip if it allows it lol.

You could have given it a few more episodes, it gets better, the sombre music is definitely one of the best parts and overall melancholic feel. But the manga is probably sombre enough on its own. You know, its funny you don't like the anime look, because after watching the anime, I find the manga look pretentious in a way, if you get what I mean.

But I can't wait to read the manga, I'm curious about the events following the Eclipse, what happens to Casca and all. Guts ironically loses the same arm Griffith dislocated when they fought for his freedom